First Reaction

Guest sambx

If you were walking in the forest and you saw Bigfoot, what would your first reaction be and then what would you do? Would you keep it to yourself, or take pictures or record it?

To be honest, depends on how close we're talking about. If I see it far enough away where it doesn't see me or isn't much of a threat I might watch it for awhile/follow it. If it was face to face, like within 10-15 yards or shorter, I'd be beatin' feet in the other direction.

I don't have a camera so probably wouldn't take a picture. I do carry a sidearm or rifle a lot but probably wouldn't shoot unless it was being aggressive towards me or another person.

When I had my first encounter, it was disbelief, since then, I've tried my best to get closer to get a picture or video of one that doesn't resemble a blobsquatch. I tell my MABRC Researchers, don't worry about finding my body, just find that camera, it's going to have some great footage when I go after the Bigfoot.

When I had my first encounter, it was disbelief, since then, I've tried my best to get closer to get a picture or video of one that doesn't resemble a blobsquatch. I tell my MABRC Researchers, don't worry about finding my body, just find that camera, it's going to have some great footage when I go after the Bigfoot.

Thats cool. I hope you will get a good picture.

Guest TooRisky

Darkwing is correct... For most people the real reaction will be your jaw hitting the ground in disbelief... This is the major reason picture's don't get taken all that often or they are blurry. It is the extreme disbelief/shock/extreme reality of the event, which to some can not be true because they were always told so...

I have had 2 close sightings... My first I was so lucky to be with another person and we confirmed that we both saw exactly what the other did, then the reality set in...

Guest Yeti1974

Best comment I've read in weeks. That's how it's done!

If you were walking in the forest and you saw Bigfoot, what would your first reaction be and then what would you do? Would you keep it to yourself, or take pictures or record it?

What i would not do is post it on a message board, a research group's site maybe, but not a message board.

I really don't know for sure. I guess it would depend on how close an encounter. Good chance it would end up on the wrong end of my Kimber .45 if it was uncomfortably close or overly aggressive.

Guest Ambermae

Well it's unlikely to happen to me unless i find myself in the US for some reason, i have family and some friends scattered about there so i guess you never know.

My first reaction would probably be utter shock and then if it looks more like an ape than human, i would like to think my training from working with chimps would kick in and i'd do whatever i need to to get out safely. If its more human than ape i would like to think i would be calm and maybe even approach it and try to communicate with it some how.

However the most likely reaction would be me running and screaming in the opposite direction with tears running down my face! I am a girl afterall :P

Either way the first person i'd talk to would be JohnCartwright because i'd finally be able to understand what he saw and i think he could help :)

I would freeze right on the spot. Hopefully I would be down wind of it so I could ease into some brush to hide because I certainly couldn't outrun it. Then I would close my eyes and think "invisible" until he/she/it left the area. That little "invisible" trick does work but I can't explain it, I never got found playing hide and seek as kid doing that.

If I still had my .444 Marlin, I would attempt to end the mystery then and there. Yes, I know alot of folks will not like the idea; but it was asked what I would do. I do not want to turn this into a *Which gun is best for BF* thread or start a debate which will most likely lead into an arguement about Pro/Anti-kill philosophies. Just saying what my reaction would be.

Other that that I would get photographs if possible, scout for for hairs & other fibers related to/with the creature, and try to locate castable footprints.