100 Bigfoot Nights

Has anyone else read 100 Bigfoot Nights by Christine D. Parker (and also listened to/watched the recordings she obtained)?    I just finished it and If this book is true, it is likely the most significant ongoing BF event (I hesitate to use the word habituation as it sounds more like a siege by a bunch of bullies) in our lifetimes... 

Her recording called The Tantrum sounds nearly identical to what we heard/recorded when Coonbo & Bear took me monkee chasing down in Miss & Ala, except the author's booger screamed and roared for nearly 9 minutes rather than the several seconds the booger screamed at us.   It is so close to what changed my paradigm that it raised the hairs on my neck...

Edited by NDT

OK, did a Google search on this book.  I may give it a look, but the thing that disturbs me is the reviews.  I went to Smashwords, Barnes and Nobles, and Amazon to read reviews of the book.  There are numerous reviews that are word for word the same, however they have been posted by different users.  Looks to me that all the five star reviews are plants to boost the books sales.  That being said, I will probably read it anyway as I'm a sucker for BF stories, and hey, it's only $7.

• Upvote 1

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

NDT, why do you call them "monkees"?

I'm glad you started this thread because an ad for this book popped up on my Kindle last night and I read the sample chapters and meant to look up the website but forgot about it until now. I didn't think the sample chapters were very compelling, but wow, those audio files really are and now I want to buy the book to find out the story behind them. Kudos to the author for providing so much audio and visual documentation to go with her written story. I just hope to god that the creature making the noise in the "tantrum" video isn't a horribly injured dog in its death throes. :(

I was planning to purchase the book based on the reviews but after Old Dog's observation I'm now wondering if something weird is going on.

Hello doc! I think some of the audio files are of coyotes and maybe a barred owl, but there are plenty more that just... are very unusual. Especially the children calling out "mommy" from the woods around 2:30 in the morning.

Guest lightheart

Hey Jen Jen! Good to see you on the forum. I agree some sound like coyotes. The one with speech is really strange. In what state does the author live?

Anyone have some links to save the rest of us the trouble of finding the audio clips? Thanks!

Guest Suesquach

NDT, thanks for bringing this book to our attention. Just listened to some of the audio clips. Some sounds like dogs and coyotes but other sounds are strange and different. Their website is very informative and I'd like to learn more.

Hello Lightheart! The author doesn't say which state she lives in. I bought the book last night and read a few more chapters. Her descriptions of the Bigfoot researcher who responded to her reports sounds an awful lot like our Mr. Coonbo, though. :) I believe he's said he lives in Missouri, so if the investigator is him, maybe that's where the author lives too.

No problem.  Yes, I too heard a good number of regular nocturnal critter sounds in the audio and the author doesn't jump to the conclusion that everything is a booger.  That Tantrum audio practically gives me flashbacks, though...

They (she & her family) make it clear the boogers they are seeing have an aggressive/intimidating vibe, and after dark pretty much own that area & do whatever they feel like doing.  These are animal like & acting boogers, not the Harry & the Henderson proto-human types that want to mind meld with humans and show how peaceful they are. 

Again if true, she has likely observed monkees doing what they the do naturally for far more time in an ongoing manner than anyone who has come forward to date.  She is no writer or biologist as she clearly struggles to fit all she is seeing & experiencing into her belief system and can't do it.  There are some paranormal jumps she makes but I suspect those are part of the same effort.  The theme that runs through the account is that people go about their lives never knowing what is shaking around their homes after the sun sets, and will likely live a much happier life being ignorant of them... 

I just did a quick Google search for Christine Dela Parker and it appears that she lives in Ventura County, CA. Maybe that will give a little more grounding to the events described in her book.

One inconsistency I'm having a tough time reconciling is the author's explanation that her husband is retired military, hence the night vision scope they had in the garage...

I did my time in the army and any other vet here can back this up, there are simply some items of issue that are not just written off as DX'ed when they disappear from a companies TO&E (essentially it's inventory) and must be accounted for on every level from a spot squad or platoon inspection to an AG's inspection during an ARTEP (the DOD may have changed these terms since I was in but I have no doubt the meanings & actions still exist).  Among these are weapons and big ticket sensitive items such as night vision devices.

Its possible her husband somehow liberated a night vision device when he ETD'ed, but in my time in the service I can report that is not the sort of item that just walked home with a soldier.  In fact in the time I was in every soldier that tried to lift something sensitive in our battalion (roughly 750 soldiers in the 716th MPs back then) was caught and prosecuted even if the investigation had to track them down after they got out.  When I left the service I was allowed my Class A uniform, my field jacket, one duffle bag, and one pair of issue boots.    You would be surprised how many guys with the right access figured they could liberate something  juicy by sending parts home piece by piece.

It's possible he obtained them by some other means and the author didn't know how so presumed it was due to his military career, I don't know, but the explanation given for the presence of this important item to the story needs a bit deeper explanation for me...

It would be highly unusual to get hold of a night vision device upon separation from the military.  They are sensitive items.  If one turns up missing, then there is an investigation.  If he has one, it is either one that was written off as lost during an investigation, which impugns his honesty; or he has obtained one as the result of a supply or maintenance (functional, but written off as junk) accounting "error".  Same honesty issue, just no one investigating its loss.

Does she specifically say that it is one he kept from the military, or did he go out an buy one on the civilian market because of his military inspired interest?