100 Bigfoot Nights

I thought the Tantrum might be a large breed dog put the more I listened to it, the less I was swayed that way.  It doesn't quite sound like any noise I've heard out of one.  It kind of sounds like a **** dog chopping, but the cadence is not quite right.  It doesn't sound quite like a "treed" bawl, and it also sounds like the animal (I think for myself, I can rule out a human) is moving away from the mike towards the end.   It sounds kind of like a large breed in great pain, but not quite.  It also sounds like the screams we recorded that night long ago, but whatever made those roar/screams let go with a couple gut busters then stopped. 

I can safely say that if the author is truthful, she lives in one strange & creepy piece of suburbia.  Wonder if their house is on Mockingbird Lane?...  

I haven't listened to the audio yet.  I finished the book a couple days ago.

While I'm a witness proponent, I'm skeptical of this story.   There are 4 yellow/orange, if not outright red, flags for me. 

1) There are too many different kinds of details included.  

2) The story's delivery is too "professional", too "slick."  

3) "regular bigfoot" and the "dog-faced" kind generally do not peacefully share a location.   

4) Most of all, the author talks about how much worry / concern / fear she feels, but not once does she talk about wanting to move.  

My instinct says this is a well researched work of fiction.  

MIB

I agree. It continues to bother me that I read the first part of this story somewhere online and can't remember where. Then a day or so after I listened to the audio my daughter called me on my cell phone. The entire conversation her beagle was sitting at her front door barking at the neighbors across her street. He is bratty that way....but with the cell phone distortion it sounded identical to the audio. I definitely believe the audio is canine. :(

And I am a witness proponent too.....

"Tantrum"

To me? It sounds real close to my redbone hounds "chop" and "bawls". I got rid of my dogs, but here is a blue tick:

you got rid of your dogs : 0 what?!?!?!?! how could you, you mad man. how could you?!?!?!?!

• 3 months later...

I was waiting for the experts to show up debunking everything out of hand and wasn't let down. All I know is I was listening to one of the last examples called "chilling sounds" and my wife walked in to ask me if I wanted coffee and she scared me, those "dogs"yelps sure have a strange way of affecting us humans

I bought the book from amazon for my kindle. I really only paid a few dollars because i had credit with amazon. It was a total waste of money, even the few dollars. It was so badly written and she constantly repeated how frightened she was, yet she would go out into the forest to gift. I had a hard time finishing the book because it was so bad. I didn't buy what she was saying either.

Yeah I didn't get the part where she said the Bigfoot were climbing on the neighbors roof and they totally had no clue, but it was an ok work of fiction. Colorado is where I thought it take place..

The "peeled tree" is from a bark beetle infestation.

Guaranteed 

Ah, but the beetles are pets of bigfoot, and under their thought control.

Wasn't it "mind control" bigfoot used on the beetles?

Between the coyotes howling at the train, beetles, spooky neighborhood trail, and especially the krazy way the vines grow around the trees I suspect this family is transplanted from New York City.

• 1 month later...

There was a discussion awhile ago, maybe you couldn't find it because it wasn't in the Media forum. Maybe ask for a merge?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/48212-100-bigfoot-nights/?hl=nights

I did read it. Thought it was interesting in the descriptions of behaviors of the critters, and their neighbors. It seemed a little over the top with the terrifying stuff. In contrast, there's a similar book in which the property owner, although initially shocked, seemed to be a little more pragmatic about the situation. It's called "Texas Bigfoot in my Backyard". It appears there is a 100 Nights sequel available now, will check it out.