100 Bigfoot Nights

Hey Branco,

I realize this took place for this woman starting in 2012, but when was your investigation of this incident?  Is it on going?  If not ongoing, do you have any plans to return to the area to do any further investigating?

Since you had so much luck with your last trip, and IF you do another, is there any chance you'll take along a camera that will give us a better image than the ones on her website, and maybe a recording device?

After you left to go home after the cell phone debacle, did you go back to look for any tracks in the area that you heard the footsteps?

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

The initial event occurred on Oct. 13, 2012. The raw data report to the BFRO was submitted Oct 15, 2012. I took the report for investigation Oct 20, 2012. I don't know for sure when I stopped work on the report, but I think it was about two months later. (At that time I advised the folks at the BFRO in writing what was going on, and why the investigation was halted.)

Sometime after I ended the investigation, we had one heck of an ice storm. The ice broke and flattened most of the vegetation in the area across the creek from the house. Even though I had given up on the BFRO report, I went back to the area after the storm to see if there was evidence the BF were still coming up the creek. The storm had made it very difficult to walk though the area, but I managed to check it out pretty well. Saw absolutely nothing to indicate the BF were still coming up the creek. Sometime later, the local government used heavy equipment to push a right-of-way down that side of the creek. (A large sewer line runs under the right-of way.)

No, I didn't go back for a good while because I was working other reports (mostly reports from area residents sent to me personally) in the southern part of the state.

Edited by Branco

Branco

I really enjoyed your investigation, you did a great job at getting to the truth. If this creature was following this creek bed trip after trip, that would make them a creature of habit. Was there any chance that when you were in the brush before you received the cell phone call that this creature might have known you were there? You mention a grunt as the creature was walking along. Is it possible that it whiffed you? the wind was it in your face or on your back that night if you remember? 

Every time I would smell them it felt like they wanted me too. It was not until I would turn my head towards the smell which was the wind direction that the smell would go away. Just like deer hunters that play the wind, so do these creatures , their smell would depend on what side of the trail they were on. Sorry if I am not on topic I apologize.

Thanks ShadowBorn. There was no detectable breeze that night, and I had put out some really stinky bait close by. Of course the BF still might have been able to detect my scent, but I really don't think that he did. He/it grunted went his feet hit the creek bed, (I do the same thing when I have to jump over a small creek or onto a ledge. I don't remember doing that in my younger days. Maybe the BF was an old f--- also.)   :huh:

The thing about it was that the patch of woods along the creek is not very wide, and a very old woods road - pretty grown up, but not as bad as the rest of the creek bottoms - is the path the BF used. Opposite that side of the creek there is fairly open timber and it's only a hundred yards or so to the street. 

NTD, My dog and I heard something in Alabama which raised the hair on my neck, and the dogs too. I could feel the vibrations in my chest. Wasn't a coyote. Coyotes were what caught our attention first. Two packs raising all holy hades on opposing hilltops. Something else started screaming or whooping between the two packs. When it let out unreally deep powerful roar that literally was physically felt, all the coyote racket stopped. like flipping a switch. As well as the neighborhood dogs for a mile around. This sound was either an incredibly gifted human being, a recording of an incredibly gifted human being played through a powerful, yet portable p.a. system, or some unknown entity..... I agree NTD, sounds can change one paradigm thinking. When I hear a known animal duplicate those sounds I will revert back to my previous paradigm. So far, nothing like it.

Very cool to hear your story, people booger!

Yup, in the second book. I've wondered who Mr Hill was, now we know.

It does appear from the book that the BFs never left. I feel kinda sorry for the family, but I think some of their reactions were quite negative and unhelpful.

I think that's a very astute observation, JKH, and I agree with you.

And thanks again to Branco for his kindness and generosity.

• 5 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one. I just finished the first book. The details and experiences she has had are very interesting. It's obviously written by someone who is experiencing all this for the first time and learning as she goes, so I expect there to be a learning curve and ideas and descriptions of things that may be inaccurate. I'm not bothered by the little nuances like some people--to me they are indicative of genuine first time experience. I like how she explains how it has totally consumed her life. She has several interviews on Youtube from Coast and other programs so I'll spend some time this weekend listening to them. Her family moved from California to Alabama which is where I think this neighborhood is. I knew it had to be somewhere in the deep South due to the icestorm that she described.

What was really interesting and eye-opening for me was her detailed descriptions of what she would see in the forest, and how many at a time would be bunched up looking at their homes during the night. Also she described the "dog-men" during the day which I think is a detail that someone can't just make up. It all fits together and I believe this family really had these experiences. I understand her home is for sale if it hasn't been sold already. I would think the BFRO or another group should buy it and charge people to stay there and do research. How cool would that be? But if Branco is right that they bulldozed part of the area then perhaps it's all over for that neighborhood anyway.

I'm going to order her second book. These make a great Friday night reading material. I also want to thank Branco for being the field investigator and doing the work that he did for her.

Edited by TD-40