Sign in to follow this  
Guest 12345dvf

Top Five Sighting States

Guest 12345dvf

the top five states are these i do have one question which states do you think will be on the rise?

1.washington

2.california

3.oregon

4.ohio

5.florida

Kentucky is where the Erickson Project is being researched and filmed I believe. However, I do not know if that means Kentucky has a large group of BF living here.

Guest herosmom

I think Washington state must have the biggest population but sightings would probably increase wherever people are building the most and encroaching on BF territory.

Oklahoma has the most rising activity in the country right now, more and more is being reported to the regional groups for that area. It's mainly due to encroachment of territory by humans that is causing the rise in contact.

Huh. I do not know.

The only "realish" thing I know is whereish to be in late summer/early fall. :rolleyes:

Can't extrapolate much from that, that's for sure.

Everything else is just for fun. I bring the tech everywhere I go, just in case...but it's not that great of tech... :lol:

Someday I'm gonna work up the courage to go to the "other" lake during that time frame.

Guest Tarfoot96

I think California should be up at the top;after all,that's not only where the Jerry Crew incident occurred,but it's also where the Patterson-Gimlin film was shot and there have been hundreds of other sightings in the state,too.I think I agree with 12345dvf about the rest of the list.The Pacific Northwest has so many sightings,does anybody have a guess as to a possible population number in that region?

HarryLime

I think the Ozark National Forest/Buffalo National River areas of Arkansas are often under-looked. During Matt Pruitt's recent BFRO Expedition (the citation debacle) in the region, he mentioned Arkansas as one of the Top 3 States for Sasquatch activity out of the 18 states he has conducted expeditions in. This according to an article in the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/entertainment/2012/03/sasquatch-hunter-fined-arkansas-expedition/415376

"Other than the fine, Pruitt said things went well during the Arkansas expedition. Pruitt said he has conducted Bigfoot expeditions in 18 states, and he'd rank Arkansas in the top three for Sasquatch activity."

"There were certainly things that happened that convinced me that there are Sasquatches in the Buffalo River area," said Pruitt. "We definitely heard sounds that were indicative of Sasquatch. Characteristic vocalizations. Very compelling observations."

"Pruitt was using a thermal imaging device, which is used for night vision, and for the first time, he said, he saw what may have been a Sasquatch."

Northern Lights

Here is something fun. Sightings per capita. Nothing scientific about this, and highly flawed, but interesting nonetheless.

Rank State 1 Washington 2 Oregon 3 Wyoming 4 West Virginia 5 Idaho 6 Montana 7 Alaska 8 Arkansas 9 Utah 10 Colorado 11 Oklahoma 12 South Dakota 13 Kentucky 14 Ohio 15 New Mexico 16 Iowa 17 Missouri 18 Michigan 19 Illinois 20 Alabama 21 Tennessee 22 Florida 23 California 24 Indiana 25 South Carolina 26 Georgia 27 Arizona 28 Minnesota 29 Kansas 30 Wisconsin 31 Maine 32 Vermont 33 North Dakota 34 Louisiana 35 North Carolina 36 Pennsylvania 37 Nebraska 38 Texas 39 New Hampshire 40 Mississippi 41 Virginia 42 Maryland 43 New Jersey 44 New York 45 Rhode Island 46 Nevada 47 Massachusetts 48 Connecticut 49 Delaware 50 Hawaii

gigantor

Good job NL, which sightings are included in your calculations? BFRO only or others also?

Northern Lights

Just the BFRO puplic list divided by the 2012 state population and then sorted. Like I said, highly flawed. The BFRO list spans decades and the population data is now, so it isn't representative of a point in time analysis. Took me about 8 minutes to do it, but it's fun to look at thing differently.

It's interesting to see Wyoming 3rd on the list with 28 sightings, but there are only 560,000 people living in the state, so by ratio it has a high number. California has over 400 sightings but has 37 million people living there, so it ranks 23rd.

Edited by Northern Lights

AaronD

In reference to Ohio sightings, is there a particular area in Ohio that seems to be the hottest spot(s)?

AaronD

Thanks BF, from that map it looks like most of the sightings are in the eastern/southern part of Ohio.

Sign in to follow this