Thoughts About Munns' Book - " When Roger Met Patty "

kitakaze

^

This is the thing I have noticed with the dismissers. They latch on to the most exaggerated and run with it as if it's the norm. I.e, bigfoot is impervious to bullets, people get stone cold knocked out when they smell it, they are 12ft tall giant apes. Etc etc.

Or you miss the point and invent you're own argument.

Didn't 'invent' anything. It's there in black and white. You yourself referred to 'giant apes'. Kitakaze has cited bigfoot knocking somebody out with it's stench.

Please, don't try and go back on what you said mbh. Its there in black and white. You exaggerated height into 'giant' sized stature to try and make some dubious 'point'. It's what some people do here. 

I didn't exaggerate. The word giant is ambiguous in BF world. It wasn't part of my point, yet you decided to ride it into the ground. Black and white buddy.

Um yes the term 'giant ape' was very much part of your point. In fact your entire point was that bigfoot is a 'giant' ape. Like I said you totally exaggerated the normal alleged size of bigfoot in order to bolster your argument. You didn't say big or large. You said, and I quote, "giant".

It's there in black and white. Too late for you to go back and edit. You specifically used the term "giant ape".

I agree you never see bigfoot described as a giant ape or giant of the Pacific Northwest. Usually bigfoot is described as large primate or bigger than average proto human. Just recently in the gazette times of Corvallis oregon there was a news article titled " man spots bigfoot he claims was at least 2 standard deviations above the mean human height!"

• Upvote 1

So are YOU saying bigfoot is a 'giant ape' too then?

^^

Yup - "giant' still means what I thought it did.

https://www.google.com/search?q=giant+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Yes. Giant ape = King Kong, Mighty Joe Young etc. Bigfoot's most reported height is the 6 to 8ft range with a mean about 7 to 7.5ft foot. This very section is concerning Patty. We have had dismissers actually trying to refute  Patty being a 7ft plus 'giant'. Can it get any more ironic than that?  :lol:

So are YOU saying bigfoot is a 'giant ape' too then?

Um yes the term 'giant ape' was very much part of your point. In fact your entire point was that bigfoot is a 'giant' ape. Like I said you totally exaggerated the normal alleged size of bigfoot in order to bolster your argument. You didn't say big or large. You said, and I quote, "giant".

It's there in black and white. Too late for you to go back and edit. You specifically used the term "giant ape".

Please, don't try and go back on what you said mbh. Its there in black and white. You exaggerated height into 'giant' sized stature to try and make some dubious 'point'. It's what some people do here. 

I didn't exaggerate. The word giant is ambiguous in BF world. 

arrow-down.gif

Forestry employes have investigated many reports of the strange creatures. According to Indian legend, the "apes" were the ferocious Selahtik Indians, a band of renegades much like giant apes in appearance who lived like wild animals in the secluded caves of the Cascades.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/beck.htm

Theories about bigfoot existence - The Giant Ape Theory

http://cryptozoo.monstrous.com/theories_about_bigfoot_existence/the_giant_ape_theory.htm

Is Bigfoot a Giant Ape?

http://cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/is-bigfoot-a-giant-ape/

Also in 1924, a prospector named Albert Ostman claimed that while camping near Vancouver he was picked up in his sleeping bag and carried 25 miles by a giant hairy ape.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/giant-hairy-apes-in-the-north-woods-19730510?page=2

But dedicated amateurs and a smattering of professionals are trying to change that attitude. Using accepted scientific methods, they believe they can show at least some of the claimed evidence for Bigfoot — footprints, hair, voice recordings and a 400-pound block of plaster known as the Skookum Cast — are authentic traces of a rare giant primate.

http://woodape.org/index.php/about-bigfoot/articles/83-bigfoot-believers

• Upvote 1

Guest Stan Norton

This is all semantics. The actual point being made is that, outliers put to one side for the moment, most sasquatch sightings appear to involve something in the region of six to eight feet (plus of course all sizes up to and between). A seven plus foot tall person could, and most likely would, be described as giant by most folks. Anything of that size is giant by extant primate standards and inherently worthy of superlatives.

I'd put money on most outsized descriptions being the result of poor estimation. Not everyone is able to judge size to a good degree. There must be an increasing tendency to make errors the further a subject is away from what most people would regard as typically human sized.

^

As I said, it seems some people want to take the most exaggerated things and/or descriptions and run with them as if they are the norm. 'Giant' apes, stench knocking people out, being all over North America, peeping in houses, chasing cars, being impervious to bullets etc etc.

As we agree the vast majority of reported sightings are in the 6 to 8ft range with 7 ft something being the mean.

The North American Wood Ape Conservancy, Bigfoot Encounters, Cryptomundo are exaggerating by using the adjective "giant."

Welcome to Bigfootery.

Guest Stan Norton

The term giant is perfectly valid for anything outside the accepted norm. Just as one might describe a person in the four to five foot range as short or tiny. Giant just means outsized and doesn't have to infer something so way out there as to be ridiculous. Biology uses the term giant to describe invertebrates, plants, birds, reptiles and amphibians, none of which could be described as outrageously enormous. Welcome to the English language, as plastic a tongue as ever spoken by man but we all know what the gist is really.

Edited by Stan Norton

Welcome indeed...

Didn't 'invent' anything. It's there in black and white. You yourself referred to 'giant apes'. Kitakaze has cited bigfoot knocking somebody out with it's stench.

So are YOU saying bigfoot is a 'giant ape' too then?

Yes. Giant ape = King Kong, Mighty Joe Young etc. Bigfoot's most reported height is the 6 to 8ft range with a mean about 7 to 7.5ft foot. This very section is concerning Patty. We have had dismissers actually trying to refute  Patty being a 7ft plus 'giant'. Can it get any more ironic than that?   :lol:

• gigantor unlocked this topic