kitakaze

Thoughts About Munns' Book - " When Roger Met Patty "

By your logic, JohnC,  most people on this board without relevant credentials should just shut up since they don't know what they are talking about?

Would be a pretty quiet place.  Or is it alright to make comments and claims without relevant expertise as long as they are from bigfoot proponents?

dmaker I am going to resist the urge to engage you on this one, I think your smart enough to know this is not the case.

Is it bad form to start a thread about thoughts on a book before one has read the whole book?

Didn't Bill Munns start the thread about "The Making of Bigfoot" before he had finished the book?

Didn't Bill Munns start the thread about "The Making of Bigfoot" before he had finished the book?

Bill Munn's started and participated in many threads long before he probably even considered the book. Its actually all pretty darn interesting, because he really does show a progression, where he is not afraid to wade into the skeptical side, and do his very best to maintain objectivity. He has way more patience than I could ever have if I embarked on such a long drawn out journey, especially his willingness to entertain the criticisms of often irrelevant skepticism, then devote time pursuing it, because of his objective agenda. Then of course he has had to endure a never ending mudslide of character and competency attacks,because the vast majority of "skeptics" out there lack the credibility, and cannot find enough errors in his work to render it mute, so resort to attacking the man instead. Bill has done a great job of remaining focused and progressive.

kitakaze

Started the thread when he started the book. It's the 6th pinned thread on the first page of the PGF section...

If I thought the skeptic was really seeking the truth they might read Bill Munns whole book and THEN give an opinion of it. 

Maybe at least read what you are trying to talk about before you try to talk about it? 

I finally got Greg Long's book, "The Making of Bigfoot"

I had a chance to start reading through it today. It'll take awhile to get through it all, but I thought I'd kick this discussion off with two initial observations:

(snip)

Bill

I never got past the preview of that book at Amazon.com. 

Hey, you have to read the book first before you post about it. Yes, Bill, tell us more about your thoughts on this book you've just started reading.

Welcome to Bigfootery.

• Upvote 1

I am sure I would have read Long's paper on his research, and any supporting work. Could you post a link please Kit? 

I don't mean his novel, I mean his paper that was submitted for review.

Edited by JohnC

PBeaton

kitakaze,

Did Bill write about what he had already read ? Did you ? If so...why were you askin' Bill if he wrote about it ?

Pat...

post-279-0-90178000-1406934055.jpg

kitakaze

Did I write about a part of Bill's book I had already read? Yes, the part of his book that I read which stated that no FX person looked at the film in depth and the part where Walas was not included in the index, whereas David Daegling and Donald Prothero were.

Thoughts About Long's Book, "Making of Bigfoot."...

I finally got Greg Long's book, "The Making of Bigfoot"

I had a chance to start reading through it today. It'll take awhile to get through it all, but I thought I'd kick this discussion off with two initial observations:

(snip)

Bill

Thoughts About Munns' Book - "When Roger Met Patty."...

kitakaze, on 01 Aug 2014 - 7:05 PM, said:snapback.png

I have purchased Bill's book from Amazon and downloaded it with Kindle for PC. I will be using this thread for discussion of arguments made in the book and thoughts and observations made while reading it.

I'll kick off the discussion with a look at Bill's arguments regarding FX artist Chris Walas' examination of the PGF...

Welcome to Bigfootery...

If I thought the skeptic was really seeking the truth they might read Bill Munns whole book and THEN give an opinion of it. 

Maybe at least read what you are trying to talk about before you try to talk about it? 

Bill

Kit:

Have ben buried with distractions, so haven't had time yet to read and comment, but will do so soon.

Bill

PBeaton

kitakaze,

I could...or should simply repost what I just posted in #21.

He at least read the first chapter he was talkin' bout.  You kitakaze ? Did you read one chapter ? Or was it just the index that stumped ya ?

Pat...

post-279-0-07657000-1406935803.jpg

Edited by PBeaton
  • Upvote 2

adam2323

I have read the entire book at posted my thoughts to Bill. It's a a fantastic scientic reasoned in biased analysis of the film. I echo the thoughts of JohnC and others here. This thread is pointless. All we will here is half truths, conjecture, what's ifs and all the same as we heard before; without one shred of fact or scientic proof to the contrary. It grows tiresome.

Doc Holliday

I think it's bad form to even acknowledge the OP.

good  point, :good:

Backdoc

Is it bad form to start a thread about thoughts on a book before one has read the whole book?

As I have said (in another location) it makes little sense to comment if not attack Bill's book without reading it.  We are not talking about some posting on the BFF from some laymen.  We are talking about a work product done by a very highly skilled and credentialed expert. The book is barely off the presses and you actually say  "Bill I will put out my counter argument on another thread" when you haven't even read the whole book.  You more or less admitted you read the "index" and a few "pages on Amazon" so you have seen enough.  Everyone else can see how ridiculous that is.    Apparently you cannot.

Backdoc

As I have said (in another location) it makes little sense to comment if not attack Bill's book without reading it.  We are not talking about some posting on the BFF from some laymen.  We are talking about a work product done by a very highly skilled and credentialed expert. The book is barely off the presses and you actually say  "Bill I will put out my counter argument on another thread" when you haven't even read the whole book.  You more or less admitted you read the "index" and a few "pages on Amazon" so you have seen enough.  Everyone else can see how ridiculous that is.    Apparently you cannot.

Backdoc

Well, Bill started the "Thoughts about Making of Bigfoot" thread before he had finished reading it. I see no problem with anyone commenting on sections of either book that they have actually read as they go along.

Edited by barncat

PBeaton

barncat,

kitakaze hadn't even downloaded the book when he said he'd start this thread !

Pat...

Wheellug

So far its been a very good book, educational and enlightening.   Great book. 

Not to technical, not opinionated or demeaning.   

Edited by Wheellug