So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

But I doubt her admission is going to make many folks happy. The (not)Finding Bigfoot team was right down the road from me last week, and a write-up in the local paper dropped the bombshell.

An excerpt from the article:

Holland, on the other hand, comes to the Bigfoot field outings armed with a science degree and a belief in spirituality.

“I do believe in Bigfoot, but what I believe is what a majority of the indigenous people of North America believe. They believe it is a spiritual being that has the ability to go between a physical realm and a spiritual realm at will,†said Holland. “I do not believe Bigfoot is a flesh and blood animal, but I do believe in a higher power. Bigfoot is real, but I think he’s a spirit.â€

Linky: http://www.heraldstandard.com/news/local_news/finding-bigfoot-tv-researchers-come-to-uniontown/article_869676e9-602d-5919-ab5d-98d087d62708.html

The quote in question is about two-thirds of the way down.

Hello All,

Next month(Sept) will mark three years since I shut off the TV. I thought at one point if I ever decided to turn it on again I'd maybe catch a couple of episodes of "finding bigfoot" which I've never seen. After reading this? That ain't never gonna happen now. In fact, it just reinforces the point of why I turned the **** thing off in the first place.......good riddance.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Point taken, though it's what she says she believes that I find interesting.

Kinda makes me respect her for admitting it.

Agreed. She knows she's going to be eviscerated by the majority of other bigfooters for even considering such a thing. After all, what is the only thing most bigfoot believers despise more than a hard-nosed skeptic? Yep, a "paranormal bigfoot" believer.

Hello All,

Sasquatch as a spiritual being....that leaves foot prints, slaps hogs against a tree trunk, gets filmed at Bluff Creek, gets shot, does woodknocking, twists up saplings, creates wood structures, leaps over fences while chasing horses out of a corral, runs across roads, and digs into rockpiles for rats.....well folks, that doesn't fill the niche of being a spiritual entity at all if you ask me.

Edited by hiflier

Finding Bigfoot, re-energized my interest in Bigfoot, but I constantly saw flaws and gaps, you have to understand it's primary function is to make the TV channel money by entertaining the audience, now it is not as big of sham as Mountain Monsters (X-Files meets Hee Haw). The best part of Finding Bigfoot for me are the witness acounts from the Townhall Meetings and the recreations. I wish they new how incredibly boring their (useless) Nightime Investigations are...

Next up was my discovery of the Bigfoot Chronicles (on Blogtalkradio), I find these shows incredibly enlightening and would like that most people here are also listening. On an episode that aired earlier this year, Coonbo (a 35+ years Bigfoot researcher) said that he spoke with Rene and that her father was a huge Bigfoot believer and he suspected that she was too, but the show wanted a scientic-skeptic for the show to balance out the three stooges (oops did I say that?)..

So yeah, I had know that about Rene for a while...

Hello Mythos,

I have no doubt that what you say is true. Renee may indeed believe in Sasquatch. If that's the case the show may actually be a good fit for her. But I also agree that it's not the belief itself but type of belief that's strange. Native Americans were very spiritual and the spiritual being inhabiting their world were numerous.

Having a Water Spirit however did not mean that the water itself was the Spirit. Many things were believed to possess spirits but the Spirit wasn't the thing itself. For some tribes BF was a physical thing to be feared even though they may have also believed it had a spirit- benevolent or otherwise- that controlled the NATURE of that physical being. Or again, the NATURE of water. There's a difference.

Edited by hiflier

Hello All,

Next month(Sept) will mark three years since I shut off the TV. I thought at one point if I ever decided to turn it on again I'd maybe catch a couple of episodes of "finding bigfoot" which I've never seen. After reading this? That ain't never gonna happen now. In fact, it just reinforces the point of why I turned the **** thing off in the first place.......good riddance.

Impressive.  Though I have not sworn off the 'idiot box', I have never had, nor anticipate, a desire to watch FB. 

Yep.  Well I am really really impressed with Ranae's skepticism now.  Um hum.

And I'm with you, Cotter.  I will never watch that show...even though I feel I know everything about it (not the best rec right there, eh?)

Hello DWA,

I agree with your skepticism comment. It seems rather dichotomous to believe in something as being a spiritual entity while looking for physical sign. But maybe that's the thing? Her skepticism may incorporate the motive of reinforcing for herself the thought of it actually being a spiritual thing. IDK, the vast majority of anecdotal evidence says that that's not the case.

It not only would rule out a major part of the list of physical activity I mentioned previously it would, in addition, negate the necessity for tree peeping, road crossings, and.......hair? It also wouldn't have to be 9 feet tall and weigh 600-800 pounds and leave footprints 16-18 inches long, 1-2 inches deep, in hard pack. I think for a PhD Renee surprisingly is simply not looking at the whole picture. I'm curious now if her belief will make it into the script at some point.

Edited by hiflier

To me it is the epitome of open-mindedness to allow that the more, shall we say, paranormal aspects of this phenomenon might have merit.

But now you're giving me problems when you say the flesh/blood animal just isn't possible or likely.  We tend to work these things the opposite way, Ranae.

She hasn't been a very convincing skeptic for quite a while.

I've noticed that too. That's one of the things I asked Cliff Barakmann about in KBHunter's latest blog interview. I'm interested to hear his answer. She seems less skeptical to me.

I agree with Bonehead that I find her reasoning very unusual. Especially since being native american myself I find that explanation highly specious. I think it is just a way for native americans to explain something that has always been just as mysterious and hard to find as BF is today.

Scoff all you want.   But ... there still appear to be upwards of 120,000 BF reports on file with different research groups yet no "proof".   Something in that math should make you stop long enough to ponder the possibility there is something weirder going on than we're allowing ourselves to consider.

I don't know what the answer is.  I "know" that the constraints we're insisting on aren't allowing for a non-null solution set yet the reports exist.   If the reports aren't all false in some way, then the constraints have to be wrong.    For me as a "knower", the reports all being false is not a valid option.   Uncomfortable, but beyond a doubt, something is going on I don't understand.   That's what makes it interesting.  

MIB

• Upvote 1