So... Renae Of ' Finding Bigfoot ' Now Admits She Believes Bigfoot Exist

Bonehead74

sooo,  just when we thought we'd seen it all.......

a bigfoot research group gets busted for  hoaxing  evidence of a skeptic.

nice.

• Upvote 1

Hello Doc Holliday,

Leave it to you to cut to the quick and put the real-world spin on things. When you put it that way it certainly does sound like folks have been hosed. It would appear that Renae is indeed skeptical of the flesh and blood part- but not in the sense of total non-existence. This could open the door for her getting bounced off the island? The timing of the this is good? Not good? scripted? Does Renae want out? Is she going to start a new religion? Is she trying to top MM's wild suppositions about what is Squatchy? Is she jealous of Bobo's fame?

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of "Renae Loses It" ;)

Hello Doc Holliday,

Leave it to you to cut to the quick and put the real-world spin on things. When you put it that way it certainly does sound like folks have been hosed. It would appear that Renae is indeed skeptical of the flesh and blood part- but not in the sense of total non-existence. This could open the door for her getting bounced off the island? The timing of the this is good? Not good? scripted? Does Renae want out? Is she going to start a new religion? Is she trying to top MM's wild suppositions about what is Squatchy? Is she jealous of Bobo's fame?

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of "Renae Loses It" ;)

I guess it would be naive of me to wonder if perhaps she is saying this because, wait for it...

She believes it?

If that is truly the case, then it makes me curious what she's seen and heard to lead her to this conclusion.

Hello Sasfooty,

And that's fine with me. My wink at the end says I'm teasing of course. In humor I thought my questions were suggestive of trying to get viewers tuned into the next soap opera episode. It really didn't have much to do with renae at all. I certainly respect her for being bravely candid and hope it doesn't bother her standing on the show.

In spite of the criticisms and the jokes that abound folks in the media spotlight work hard. I don't know if I could deal with all the traveling, the people the cameras, the night scenes, the dialogue and all the rest year after year. There's something to be said for that.

@ Bonehead74,

Yep, you said it there.

Edited by hiflier

Oh, not questioning what Ranae is saying.  Just whether "religious" is what I'd call it.  As vague as 'spirituality' can be, and I think we're showing that, she is definitely asserting a belief that this isn't a flesh and blood animal we have here.  I guess that "higher power" could be seen to imply an it/us hierarchy which could be classified pretty easily as a religious belief.  I'm just not thinking that Ranae saying she goes with Native Americans on the spiritual nature of Bigfoot is so much a "religious discussion" in the way I think the term is contemplated here.

BFFs Guideline #7:  "Do not discuss religion or politics. No exceptions."

The guideline is quite clear -- anything that is remotely religious or political ist verboten.  I, however, am glad to see this guideline liberalized, as I view every faith-based thread here to be religious in nature.

On which my only comment is that that's gonna kinda hurt her credibility as a skeptic, as one would at the very least expect a skeptic to demand more evidence for a claim like this one, never mind an ape that leaves footprints.  If one is accepting things on faith, I automatically have a problem with their grasp of evidence, particularly when their statements ("why would a bigfoot do [something that reports indicate they in fact do...and my experience tells me other animals do too]...") show me they aren't considering it.

There's no reason why a scientist or a skeptic can't be religious, although fundamentalists (on either side) tend to view the two positions as inherently incompatible.  She does need to set her belief aside to continue as a credible skeptic.  Belief denotes faith, and skepticism deals in facts, not faith.

I'm thinking we have a situation here in which the prohibition on religious discussions can be skirted, as long as we aren't slinging brickbats.

It's clear that Guideline #7, the religion part anyway, is dead.  Viva la revolucion!

Edited by Pteronarcyd

A bunch of scientists in lab coats will rush into their midst, in the middle of a show, and grab her and run off. She'll be missing for an episode, and when she comes back she will denounce what she said and be a skeptic again. Scientific intervention, de-programming. ;)

• Upvote 1

When you spend all day and night with three guys claiming everything is a squatch, there has to be some loss of sanity.

• Upvote 2

well BH74, she may very well believe it.  if so that's her choice , simple as that.  but as hiflier and I mention, if so ,  its very possible the viewers have been hosed.

iirc, her presence  was to inject the skeptically inclined scientific viewpoint into the equation,  providing a more grounded opinion /  add credibility to the show.

if she's been a closet "bleever" all along it blows away that premise.

but I agree BH, that if she was skeptical and has  seen something since the start that changed her views then i'd like to know as well......but I figure if that's the case it would've made the show ? ..idk.

^^  but she is known as the resident skeptic for the show PT.

their website even refers to her as such  in the intro to the video mentioned here >>  http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/finding-bigfoot/videos/not-even-ranae-can-explain-this-one.htm

as for the foremost reason, perhaps readers may  be interested in hearing why you think she's there.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I have to admit, i really scratched my head over this admission. I sure don't get how one makes the leap she has, from an extreme skepticism to here, with no intermediate stage. Dang weird.

• Upvote 1

If you think about it, Finding Bigfoot will run its course if it has not already.   Perhaps she's positioning herself for the next series whatever it is. 

There is one other thing about it, she apparently has the scientific "chops" so .. who better to actually study the "woo" rather than just scoff and dismiss?  Seems like an ideal combination.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Hello MIB,

Was the upcoming season already in the can before she said what she did? If so then her possible disappearance later on doesn't have the appearance of being that unreasonable.........(disappearance...appearance, see what I did there?)

Edited by hiflier

Nothing has changed. She does not believe and was just trying to give those that do a bone. Just trying to let on that she takes the subject seriously but not the creature.