Grays Harbor Alleged Sasquatch Track - 1982

slabdog

Any chance of a bigger image?

I agree it's a great cast and I actually have a cast of it that I got from Dr. Meldrum. Pretty much every time you see Meldrum on TV showing a cast this is the one he shows.

Meldrum has other casts from the same trackway and the toes move because he has measured the distances between toes on different casts. There are small differences in the measurements between the toes so it can't be just a wooden mold that was used.

The story I remember is the trackway was found and they called the cops to see them. The cops looked into the tracks and made the casts. They found them on a muddy road.

I have an original cast from that trackway.  Purchased it from Cliff Crook in the mid 1980's where he had an exhibit at the Oregon State Fair.   As I recall there were several researchers that got on that trackway at different locations because they went for many miles.  Cliff Crook was one of them.   

The detail was so good in those casts because Mt. St. Helen's had just blew its top a few years before and ash was spread all over the PNW.  Ash is much finer than sand so it makes the perfect material to get the best impression.  

I had quite a bit of material on Cliff.  I believe he was very unfairly dealt a bad hand simply because of his last name and despite of his being a technical advisor for Harry & The Hendersons.   Where he did go wrong was his position on Patty, but that's another story.  

post-120-0-83271100-1412314871_thumb.jpg

post-120-0-60299300-1412314891_thumb.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen a cast with a visible arch like this one. I thought sasquatches were pretty flat footed, showing that mid tarsal break.

It is my *understanding* that they were from the same track way.

But my knowledge is very limited.

I wonder if that Deputy is still active  / alive today?

Dennis Heryford was head of investigations for Washington State Department of Natural Resources. May still be there.  HMB

I got together with Thomas Steenburg at his place this evening, and he got out his cast for me to photograph. This is not the resin cast that I was thinking of, which actually belongs to BigFootHunter, but a different cast of the same foot in the same trackway. Thomas is not sure which officer cast this particular print, but he acquired this first generation copy from the Grays Harbor Sherriff's Dept. Here are my pics:

post-23759-0-38606200-1412487791_thumb.j

post-23759-0-37819100-1412487803_thumb.j

post-23759-0-37765200-1412487820_thumb.j

post-23759-0-45118300-1412487835_thumb.j

post-23759-0-99665100-1412487850_thumb.j

post-23759-0-67430300-1412487866_thumb.j

post-23759-0-21389500-1412487883_thumb.j

post-23759-0-28286700-1412487900_thumb.j

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah ,, The Grays Harbor tracks, one of the tracks from this trackway is my all time favorite due to the detail and contours of the cast.  When I think of a clear track example for Sasquatch I think of these. 

It is one of these prints that grew my interest in the direction of scientific research after my 09 sighting.

slabdog, I'm not sure on the origin of the resin cast, but I'll definitely ask the next time I get together with BigFootHunter, who owns that example. It is apparently the same foot as Thomas' cast, but a different step in the trackway. I do recall that it shows very similar detail, and the material used for it is much harder and more damage resistant than plaster.

I have an original cast from that trackway.  Purchased it from Cliff Crook in the mid 1980's where he had an exhibit at the Oregon State Fair.   As I recall there were several researchers that got on that trackway at different locations because they went for many miles.  Cliff Crook was one of them.   

The detail was so good in those casts because Mt. St. Helen's had just blew its top a few years before and ash was spread all over the PNW.  Ash is much finer than sand so it makes the perfect material to get the best impression.  

I had quite a bit of material on Cliff.  I believe he was very unfairly dealt a bad hand simply because of his last name and despite of his being a technical advisor for Harry & The Hendersons.   Where he did go wrong was his position on Patty, but that's another story.  

attachicon.gif2927.jpg

attachicon.gif2926.jpg

Man, that's a nasty looking scar in the arch of that foot...  at least that's what it looks like to me...

Thoughts ? 

EDITED to add..    Slabdog, thanks for a great thread.  I'd heard little snips and mentions of Gray's Harbor in other threads over the years, but had not seen discussion this in depth, nor the photos etc....

Edited by Art1972

If you look at the soles of the feet of people who always walk barefoot you will commonly find huge cracks in the calluses that can run the width of the foot. I will try to find a photo.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • 2 years later...
On 9/29/2014 at 10:06 AM, slabdog said:

I have always thought the Gray's Harbor County, Washington track castings are one of the most compelling pieces of evidence about the possible existence of Sasquatch.

post-395-0-73539100-1411998974.png

Virtually every other cast I have even seen does not strike me as compelling (i.e could have been easily faked).

My reasoning:

1. It was cast by a law enforcement officer (unknown if on or off duty but information available would seem to indicate on duty)
  2. It appears extremely natural and organic - down to the skin creases - more so than any other track cast I have looked at.
  3. It appears to have been cast at a time in which no one would have the hoaxing wherewithall or technical ability to make such a fake foot. (a wooden foot would likely have sufficed in the early 80's)
  4. It appears to be larger than normal human proportions. 

Limited info about the cast can be found at 

http://www.isu.edu/~meldd/fxnlmorph.html

BELIEVERS  and SKEPTICS -

Tear into this track.

What more do we know about it and the back story?

I have always thought that the background story, and the casts themselves definitely make for some very compelling evidence. The fact the casts were made by an officer of the law certainly helps to validate them.

• Engaged Member
BFF Donor

Thanks for sharing. I agree possibly not faked, but can't rule it out or human. 

• gigantor featured this topic