Redbone

Recent Youtube Videos Worthy Of Discussion And Analysis!

Redbone
SSR Team

I saw this for the first time last night (10/03/14) and when I saw the eyes ducking (see my animation) all the hair on my arms stood up. I have already downloaded the entire video in 720P format so I can dig in further.

The attached animation occurs at about 9:29 in the video "Bigfoot is pi$$ed" by Robert Dodson, published September 14th, 2014. Because of 'maybe too colorful language' I'm not going to be the one to link the video but I have just given you enough information to find it yourself. Converting to an animated GIF file ruined some resolution but I can provide clearer still shots of any frame on the video as needed. Note that the camera was panning at the beginning of the animation as so there are blurry frames.

This is blobsquatch for sure, but we have access to the entire video before and after to be able to sift through it the way we like to do! There are other instances of eyeshine and rock throwing in the video and he has several other videos that I have not reviewed. My son has watched some of them and says he goes back to this place (I will check that out later today)

I'll be hoping to answer one big question and maybe the answer is in these videos... How big is the tree to our right (subject's left) of the eyeshine? That should be enough to help us estimate how far apart the eyes actually are.

One big question he already answers...

Why not go after it if you think it's bigfoot to get the proof? He DOES go after it (12:35) as he says "Don't ever do this!" and then gets rocks thrown his way (14:23) and then closer eyeshine (and colorful language) a few seconds later..

I'm REALLY looking forward to this discussion! Enjoy!

post-21915-0-24272900-1412449140.gif

Edited by Redbone

WV FOOTER

Love the eyeshine. The video is over 24 minutes long, but the eyeshine teaser has intrigued me. Gonna have to watch it in it's entirety.

lightheart

That is a really good catch of eye shine. It looked like the figure was fairly close to him too.

Redbone
SSR Team

I watched it all again...this time taking notes.

You can see it duck at least 6 time (7:12, 7:33, 8:54, 9:29, 9:57, 10:35, 12:29)

It rises a few times (7:48, 12:29)

and it throws rocks (14:23, 15:11, and 17:51)

There are MANY other instances of the eyeshine include a moment where he zoomed in and caught it (21:44)

It seems like it stopped ducking after he rushed it and then retreated (in a hurry at 14:29) - maybe going into full intimidation mode.

roguefooter

Have you tried to lighten any hi-res frames to see if there's more detail?

Airdale

The gentleman sounds pretty genuine and he never does say what "it" is. He seemed quite surprised when it circled around behind him and it appeared to me much closer. Interesting.

Teegunn

Would like to see some enhanced versions of this film as another poster mentioned. 

Redbone
SSR Team

I pulled a daytime shot from his recreation video and lined it up with the image I used as the base of my animation in post #1.

This blue bag (in the video) is about 6 foot 8 inches above the ground at the bottom of the bag.

The tree is  about eleven inches wide. The subject is very BIG. I'm not sure if I have enough info to do the math yet on how high the eyeshine is but I will see what I can do.

post-21915-0-86215900-1412518173.gif

• Upvote 2

Redbone
SSR Team

Have you tried to lighten any hi-res frames to see if there's more detail?

I have tried on a few frames but so far nothing really shows up.

I want to try at some of the other many eyeshine instances to see if I can find something...anything.

JiggyPotamus

There is even that thinner and smaller branch that comes off the tree that can be seen in both the still images and the re-creation video. I'm having a difficult time in creating a picture in my mind of the landscape itself, and my main question is whether something could have stood on ground that was higher? So instead of standing directly under where the blue bag was hung, could it have been further to the front or to the back, and would this have made it appear taller due to shifts in elevation? If I would have seen what the ground looked like to a better extent then I probably could have answered this question myself. I'm sure that being there would have made it obvious during the reconstruction however.

I thought it looked like an owl when I first saw it, but obviously if that were the case there is not any convenient way for such a bird to appear to move up and down in that manner. Unless it was the camera that was moving, since the background was dark, but from what could still be seen in the blackness it did not appear that the tree was moving or anything like that, suggesting that it was the eyes that were moving. I do not know where to find the original video, so I cannot analyze it. I vaguely remember having seen this particular video before, but having viewed so many bigfoot videos I may be getting them mixed up.

So while it cannot be proven that it is a sasquatch, obviously if it was a legitimate capture then it would have to be something much taller than the majority of other animals. Perhaps this could be considered one of those videos where it is either a hoax or a bigfoot. Those arise sometimes when no known animal accounts for what is seen in the video. I am torn on this simply because we can only see two spheres of light, which we presume to be eyes, which is not enough to say with certainty that it is a bigfoot. I do concede however that the sasquatch explanation fits quite nicely, given the height of what appear to be eyes...That is assuming the reconstruction was performed at the correct location, and that it was performed in a satisfactory manner. I have a feeling that the reconstruction was truthful to the actual event, and that piques my interest in the original video.

Airdale

Nice work Redbone, that would definitely have been a big fella'. This gentleman just doesn't strike me as your typical glib, slick hoaxer; he doesn't try to lead the viewer to a conclusion. Just the fact that he returns for a daylight redo is telling IMHO. If it is a real animal, I don't know of any that duck down when the light points towards them. The phrase "deer in the headlights" is an apt description of typical animal behavior in the wild. They may stand and stare, or if startled they may beat a hasty retreat, but they don't watch you, only to duck away, then pop up again when your light and attention are elsewhere.

TD-40

Interesting video. The guys seems genuine and I would like someone to follow up and show us an estimate of how many inches were between the eyes if that is even possible.

Edited by TD-40

slabdog

Why would the eyes drop straight down?

Go from a standing to a crouching position and see if your eyes literally go straight down.

It looks like a ball on a string with two glowing objects attached being dropped.

• Upvote 1

This has got to be some of the most intriguing video footage I've seen so far!  I wonder how secluded this area is- you can clearly hear heavy traffic in the background, so there must be roads nearby.  It sounds like a freeway.  Maybe he said something about it in the video, but I was too focused on those eyes to pay attention to unimportant narration. 

Gotta Know

As opposed to what, exactly? Besides, from what I can see, there is some minor sway in the vertical drop--feels very natural looking to me.

Why would the eyes drop straight down?

Go from a standing to a crouching position and see if your eyes literally go straight down.

It looks like a ball on a string with two glowing objects attached being dropped.

Edited by Gotta Know
  • Upvote 1