Bigfoot Beheads People?

I'll submit the semantic point to you. What I should have said is that Coonbo in no way stated that he believed the story was true. My main point was that the story was presented as just that: a story, and one that even the teller did not endorse. As Rod Serling used to say, "Submitted for your approval..."

I don't approve.

I find it odd the other hunter, the witness to the event, didn't take a shot at it.  His friend, as he says, in a panic short stroked the bolt and jammed his rifle affording the sasquatch the opportunity to exploit, and maybe the second hunter was not in a position or ready to shoot when it pulled his friend's head off and commenced to mutilate him, but in the account he runs away.  If it was my friend who just got killed and I had a rifle I would be pumping bullets into it.  In the account I think he said he threw his rifle down and ran.  I would be embarrassed to tell anyone I did that, that I panicked so bad that I threw my rifle down and ran.  To some degree it doesn't sound believable, but to another degree if you were going to make-up a story like this it seems you wouldn't intentionally tell one where you were such a wimp.

I don't know if it is true or not.  I know some will reject it because it doesn't fit their ideal view of a sasquatch.  The lack of corroborating evidence is a negative factor and the only reason Coonbo gave for his refusal to confirm it's authenticity, but Coonbo did insert some positive factors into it, that his friend, who had been in law enforcement, tried to grill the guy and was convinced the witness was telling the truth.  Coonbo also talked about the police not being friendly when he tried to confirm the episode with them.  If I was in the same position as Coonbo I wouldn't be able to endorse it either.  But in my opinion it's premature to debunk it.  

Edited by jayjeti

I guess we don't know what we would do if we just saw a Sasquatch rip our friend's head off. But dropping the gun?

Is this the story where the cops claimed it was a bear attack?

I have only heard of people actually coming into physical contact with a bigfoot in anyway only a couple of times in the past 50-60 years, that out of about 10k stories I have been through, both related to me directly and indirectly. 

I was injured by one, but it was my fault.  I threw a rock and hit it.  

Tim has said that these things have had more than ample opportunity to kill the crap out of him and those with him and haven't done it yet(obviously), 

It could have killed me too, and your point is well taken that in general they don't resort to that.  You'll agree that in most instances where someone is injured or killed it was provoked.  Where we might disagree, I'm not sure, is there are a small percentage of unprovoked incidents.  I agree that being overly worried about attacks from this creature is something to get over, that it is unlikely to ever happen.  But you also have to use some common sense as I believe they can be unpredictable just as we have rogue humans who are exceptions.  

• Upvote 1

I guess we don't know what we would do if we just saw a Sasquatch rip our friend's head off. But dropping the gun?

According to the witness the police wrote it up as a bear attack, but that is uncorroborated.  I can see where seeing your friend's head ripped off perhaps did cause a sudden shock and disconnect from reality since throwing the rifle doesn't make sense.  I remember the account of the police officer who opened the refrigerator door in Jeffery Dahlmer's apartment and saw a head facing his way on a shelf.  He says when he opened the door he heard someone scream, and then he realized he was one who screamed.  His brain disconnected for a moment.  Two friends of mine were hiking and one thought he saw a cougar and turned and knocked the person walking behind him over and ran down the path, leaving the guy laying on his back.  Panic can cause you to not think straight.  It could be the sudden shock of seeing his friend's head ripped off cause a disconnect from reality and reason and maybe his brain concluded he could run faster without the rifle.  Maybe being in shock his instinct to flight took control of this thinking and usurped rational thinking.

Throwing the gun is not rational.  You would need that to defend yourself.  In the movie, "Predator" Arnold Schwatzenneger figures out that the alien only attacks the people with weapons.  Of course that would be an absurd rationalization in this situation.  Who knows why and what people think about sometimes?

Edited by jayjeti

Guest Divergent1

Did the bigfoot keep the head, drop it on the ground, or hurl it at the victim's friends? They always leave out the best details in these stories.

Well let's start with what we do know:

IF BF's can:

Twist 5" trees around like,

an leap 20+ feet

Lift very heavy objects

Throw trees and rocks great distances

Place huge trees across roads and trails

And we know:

A great deal of people disappear in areas that are suspected of being BF habitat, within ear-shot of other people

That snapping a persons neck would be a good way to silence them

That Chimps are 5 times stronger than a human

That BF researcher William Jevning often cites an official report of dead Elk that were found to have been "torn apart without the use of tools"

It has been estimated that a BF could be 15 times stronger than a human

So yeah, I think if BF wanted to pull off a head they could do it much easier than twisting a live 8" tree!

I've known Coonbo personally for a very long time, we literally are brothers from different mothers.  I have learned that if Coonbo shares something about boogers, take it to the bank.  If Coonbo states boogers sometimes kill people and tear off their heads I believe him.   I only have two other folks in the field as close & trustworthy as that.  He told me within the first couple hours after I met him that boogers can be dangerous and thus to be very careful around them...  

Guest Divergent1

It seems to me that if you are dealing with an unknown that is twice as big as you are that it would be prudent to assume it was dangerous. Why would you need a bigfoot researcher to tell you that? I guess if they are the same people that feed the bears and buffalo in the state parks it would be necessary.

^Divergent - exactly.

Bears can behead, humans can behead, lions and tigers can behead.  Pert near any large animal can do it if it determined it necessary.

Yes, I believe that is what Tim said when he discussed it, Tim did say he could not verify the story. What I thought about when I heard Tim talking about the BF beheading someone story I realized how very easily the creature I saw in the Davy Crockett National Forest, if he had wished, could have attacked our car, and easily killed us.

I am not a hunter, I did not understand guns,  nor the different types of power they carry when discharged, along with needing to have the correct bullets.

The size of the creature I saw would need lots of big bullets from really large guns to deter him from his goal.I do know that much.

Thankfully he just walked into the road and watched us drive away. I do not doubt that "they" could tear someone totally up into pieces without any trouble:( 

I so hope that one body is discovered so that kids and parents will be aware of the dangers lurking in our woodlands. I keep hoping that David Paulides will admit **they** are behind many of the lost people and kids in his Missing 411 books:(

If we get into the whole gambit of bigfoot karate, from tales of what they've done, besides pulling off heads or ripping you open, they bite necks, throw you against trees, tear off limbs, and stomp on you.  

As far as strength, a 160 lb chimpanzee is 5 times stronger than a man.  The reason for that is the type of muscle.  Humans are built more for finesse and fine motor skills.  Our type of muscle caters to the brains we have and for that type of fine motor skills our muscles are not as strong.  Apes muscles are more for brute strength.  I wonder if sasquatches have the more brute strength type muscle fiber?  If so, coupled with their bulk could make them immensely strong.  One of their stick structures is inverting 1000 lb trees root side up, and sticking them several feet into the ground.

I previously alluded to five hunters who had their heads torn off.  They were part of a party of nine, and the others were finally able to kill it.  The article said they measured him and he was 13 feet tall, and commented, "and its breadth and volume of just proportions."  http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/419-13-foot-sasquatch-beheads-5-hunters/

Can you imagine the size of that thing?  Michael Jordan is 6'6" which is exactly half of 13 feet.  And it appears the sasquatch was bulked out as well.  And if he has the type of muscle that makes him many more times stronger than men anyway, these guys are like Hercules -- no wonder they can tear heads or limbs off with ease.

Jay, Thank you. This post make sense to me. I understand the rational now about the BF body having agile abilities plus massive strength thanks to your post.

I can visualize them against the people you talked about, your comments really helped me to "see" and I sincerely appreciate you and your comments. Plus 1 along with hugs and love to you from me. 

When hubby and I were newly dating he and a fellow medical student took me along with them camping in The Okefenokee Swamp. 

I am just without words. It was early winter, cold, dark, sleet, snow, rain and just miserable. The guys loved it. If I had read that story you guys/gals posted, I would have escaped going by faking I had a deadly virus....Frankly, I would have prefered the deadly virus.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest crabshack

Did the bigfoot keep the head, drop it on the ground, or hurl it at the victim's friends? They always leave out the best details in these stories.

not always....

Woman tourist, 23, found decapitated after going missing while hiking through the Himalayas in Nepal

By Daily Mail Reporter

Published: 01:13 EST, 27 June 2012

The desperate search for 23-year-old Belgian hiker missing in Nepal for ten days came to a gruesome end when her decapitated body was found in the Himalayan Mountains. Debbie Maveau was badly decomposed, but investigators couldn't miss the sight of her head 13 inches away from her body, discovered the near a hiking trail in Langtang National Park, Agence France-Presse reports. She is only the latest in a string of assaults and disappearances of young women hiking alone in the rugged mountains along the Chinese border. Mystery: Debbie Maveau, 23, was neither robbed nor raped before she was brutally murdered,...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165297/Debbie-Maveau-23-decapitated-hiking-Himalayan-mountains-Nepal.html

Edited by crabshack

• masterbarber unpinned this topic