Bigfoot Beheads People?

crabshack

This example you posted is the reason I ask my kids not to hike and camp in isolated areas, to stick together, and leave us a map of where they will be hiking in case they are late returning. 

Plus 1 to you from me, and thank you so very much for posting this event.

not always....

Woman tourist, 23, found decapitated after going missing while hiking through the Himalayas in Nepal

By Daily Mail Reporter

Published: 01:13 EST, 27 June 2012

The desperate search for 23-year-old Belgian hiker missing in Nepal for ten days came to a gruesome end when her decapitated body was found in the Himalayan Mountains. Debbie Maveau was badly decomposed, but investigators couldn't miss the sight of her head 13 inches away from her body, discovered the near a hiking trail in Langtang National Park, Agence France-Presse reports. She is only the latest in a string of assaults and disappearances of young women hiking alone in the rugged mountains along the Chinese border. Mystery: Debbie Maveau, 23, was neither robbed nor raped before she was brutally murdered,...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165297/Debbie-Maveau-23-decapitated-hiking-Himalayan-mountains-Nepal.html

BF and archaic bears are both out there decapitating...

SweetSusiQ, I respect the creatures of the forest and hills and desert, but I think we shouldn't let a fear of something keep us from enjoying the great outdoors. I know there are creatures that are able to harm us and we should make good decisions in where we go and what we do there. But I look at it this way: the thing I heard, whatever it was, and whatever the actual size it was, sounded at least like it would be more than able to get and do me harm anytime it chose. But it didn't, and it hasn't. Not me or anyone else as far as we know, in however many years people have been around here. So I say enjoy the outdoors as much as you can and as much as you are comfortable doing, and in ways that you are comfortable doing. When you think about it, you realize there are animals, known animals that live in our forests that are able to kill us, whether by beheading or clawing or biting or whatever. The beheading of people seems to evoke a more visceral response to most of us when describing ways to kill, but in the end the biting, clawing and goring makes us just as dead. So we already know we live among deadly animals, and mostly we are fine with that, minus the unfortunate people who are mauled, attacked or killed by cougars, bears or even Bison, domestic cattle, dogs, etc. I say just use your head and go where you are comfortable going, and not worry about it any more than before you heard the stories of Coonbo, as nothing has changed really, except your new knowledge. The threat, if it is real, has always been there, and your experience reinforces that, but remember too that you WERE NOT attacked either, nor almost everyone else. So, I realize you can't unsee something, or unread or unhear something, but I would say just be careful as you would do anyway, and don't put yourself in situations you don't feel comfortable in, and enjoy life in the great outdoors as much as you can.

People Booger, I love you and your comments, but have you ever seen a dogman? HTG, That creature approached our huge white suburban. I last saw him, all 8 (+?) feet and at least 800(+?) pounds of him, standing in the middle of the road watching us drive away.

What does that? What in the world would approach a vehicle of that size, moving under engine  power, and noises,and then watch us drive away? 

Plus one to you from me with love and appreciation of you and your thoughtful comments..

Edited by SweetSusiq

david75090

Plus 1 to you from me. These creatures, who exist all around the world, can be extremely dangerous at times to humans, plus most of us while hiking or camping, are not armed, so we are easy to kill, consume, and dispose of.

Crabshack - There is an incident in Washington where some female hikers went missing. Their remains were found in part (no pun intended) along with some large unexplained human-like footprints .... Believe as you may, What Coonbo says is also what early settlers and the cowboys knew or experienced in their time too. 

The moral of the story is "Dead men don't tell tales."  If we are lucky enough to read memoirs or rely on somebody to report the story without sanitizing for political correctness or good public consumption, I think we can all learn something.

I read this thread from beginning to end and agree with most of the postings.

Southwest

There is still a lot of information detailing how early settlers and cowboys encountered "Wildmen" and some of the things they endured were not pretty. On an earlier posting somebody mentioned the Paiute native Americans and their belief of cannibalistic "red haired" giants living in caves. Why, when people heard that myth (as they called it) they roared with laughter. Now in recent times giant skeleton remains are found within the same caves the early Paiute claimed all along and perhaps it wasn't all a myth after all ....  

Pacific Northwest

A very well respected Pacific Northwestern native American had similar things to say about "Seeahtiks," or what we recognize as Bigfoot. They played practical jokes and had a evil sense of humor and took their women. They would take their young men like toys and turn them upside down and rip them like piece of calico he would say. The native American inhabitants learned to live with them rather than fight them and even traded with them.

In Michigan, a cave was discovered decades ago on the craggy shores of one county overlooks one the giant great lakes. Long story short, there were petroglyphs inscribed on the depicting a "red hairy man" that resembles hand drawn pictures of the early MoMo monster of Missouri and the 1965 Monroe Monster of Michigan. One wonders how could that happened since University Archeologist and other experts date the drawings as hundreds of years. There were very old arrow and spearheads found inside the cave as well. The cave was sealed, the state and federal government made the place off limits to public. 

A few questions that need to be asked is what caused early native American inhabitants to shoot arrows or throw spears inside a cave? If the cave was discovered after 1965 and before 1990 how could the drawing be so similar to what people claim they seen?      

Midwest

There were three major native American groups long before the first European settlers and long before Michigan gained statehood. The Ottawa, the Ojibwas and the Pottawatami formed an alliance to rid the Midwest of the evil giants who as one leader would say were so vast in numbers they were as thick as leaves on the trees.

I do not go out to harm anything living being. That is my guiding light but I do believe in the wisdom of all these people who in their own way told these stories in order that they be passed along for generations to come. The fact they would even tell their story written in stone in some damp cave long before computers tells a lot of the message they needed to communicate. We can either pay heed, or not .... everyone determines their fate.

People Booger, I love you and your comments, but have you ever seen a dogman? HTG, That creature approached our huge white suburban. I last saw him, all 8 (+?) feet and at least 800(+?) pounds of him, standing in the middle of the road watching us drive away.

What does that? What in the world would approach a vehicle of that size, moving under engine power, and noises,and then watch us drive away?

Really? Just about every animal out there. Around here I've seen everything from squirrels and groundhogs to deer do it. It's quite a stretch from that to concluding that animal is some bloodthirsty beast bent on destruction.

Bonehead74

In my entire life I have never had any animal approach our car while it was running except deer who would run across the road in front of us. We were followed by something that should not even exist, and this is my opinion, you are welcome to yours as I am welcome to my opinion.

Crabshack - There is an incident in Washington where some female hikers went missing. Their remains were found in part (no pun intended) along with some large unexplained human-like footprints .... Believe as you may, What Coonbo says is also what early settlers and the cowboys knew or experienced in their time too. 

The moral of the story is "Dead men don't tell tales."  If we are lucky enough to read memoirs or rely on somebody to report the story without sanitizing for political correctness or good public consumption, I think we can all learn something.

Welcome to the forum Gum. Can you find this report?

Susi, you experienced a once in a life time event. There is a greater chance of a car jacker taking you and your car in the future.

Many wish it could happen to them, I suppose. Some dogmen might be docile and the one you saw could have been as scared as you were so let's not shoot them unless they are menacing. 

Do you think the experience has caused some PTSD symptoms?

For your own safety, take a concealed pistol course and pack some heat such as a 38 short barrel revolver. This will stop car jackers and be loud enough to make dogman think twice about attacking. When driving through dogman country, pack an automatic 308 rifle and know how to use it. Women can learn to shoot well.  

Three Spanaway searchers combing a densely wooded hillside near Issaquah last weekend claim they found a half dozen enormous footprints. The searchers discovered what they think are Sasquatch tracks during a search for more bodies in an area where the remains of two Seattle women were found last summer. Ther searchers were Mrs. Marie Watson, a member of Northwest Bloodhounds Search and Rescue Team, her son Robert, 18, and a friend, Jay Stockwell. The trio was planning for a major search scheduled for the area next Sunday. The area was where partial remains of Janice Ott, Denise Naslund and an unidentified woman were found last summer. Mrs. Watson said the huge prints appeared to have been made with a bare foot and were imbedded an inch into the mud. She estimated they had been there a week, Robert, who wears a size 10 1/2 shoe, said the prints were six inches longer and three inches wider his boots. The stride between tracks was much longer than a man's, he said. Mrs. Watson, a well-known and experienced Northwest tracker, said the prints definitely were not human. "They were not from human feet," she said. "The one I examined had a kind of thumb and an arch." Mrs. Watson said she was frightened by the size of the tracks and somewhat fearful since her bloodhounds had been left at home. "I wasn't even thinking about Sasquatch, and when I saw them, I thought My God in Heaven," she said. Mrs. Watson isn't sure what made the deep tracks in the lonely woods above Issaquah, but something big obviously did, she said. The question is What was it?

Searchers report huge footprints, Tacoma News Tribune, Wednesday, February 19, 1975 (WA)

I was stationed in Ft. Lewis, Washington during my military days and I can tell you, I never seen anyplace that has roads signs warning not of deer crossing but BF crossing. Back then, I didn't pay it much attention but some of those stretches get mighty dark outside of the cities at night. I would not like to break down out there at night ...

A ferocious wild man is reported to be roaming in the woods of Pulaski county. Va., and making attacks upon people he encounters. He is said to be fully six feet tall, very muscular, and entirely naked, with long matter hair and beard. He has been pursued by parties, but he was too fleet of foot for them. A man was found beaten to death in the woods is believed to have been killed by him. The Bucks County Gazette, Bristol, Bucks County, PA., Thursday, May 24, 1883 

Sheri - The 70's ...

Another dated October 8, 1886 tells of a camper killed in Maine. The victim's two friends returned and hunted down a 10 foot tall wild man covered in long brown hair, and after "the party fired several shots into him" they "finally succeeded in reaching a vital spot."

• masterbarber unpinned this topic