Bigfoot Beheads People?

Guest Darrell

I was stationed in Ft. Lewis, Washington during my military days and I can tell you, I never seen anyplace that has roads signs warning not of deer crossing but BF crossing. Back then, I didn't pay it much attention but some of those stretches get mighty dark outside of the cities at night. I would not like to break down out there at night ...

I was stationed at Ft Lewis a number of times during my 24 yrs of Army service. Never saw a BF x-ing sign. Im calling bull snot on that.

Gumshoeye

In D Paulides latest book, he doesn't think any one explanation applies but many. 

If your thinking BF - read about UFOs.

If your thinking UFOs - read about fairies.... and so on.

Is this at all along the lines what you think might be happening?

If my question is out of line, my apologies and of course you don't have to answer.

Do keep posting though!

Frap10 - Yeah I read some things where people had made some interesting connections between but quite frankly, I'd rather not think about the other. A lot of them that I read were strangely timely .... Thank you for your input.

The Bauman story as told by Teddy Roosevelt:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/bauman.htm

.Near it lay the packs wrapped and arranged. At first Bauman could see nobody; nor did he receive an answer to his call. Stepping forward he again shouted, and as he did so his eye fell on the body of his friend, stretched beside the trunk of a great fallen spruce. Rushing towards it the horrified trapper found that the body was still warm, but that the neck was broken, while there were four great fang marks in the throat. The footprints of the unknown beast-creature, printed deep in the soft soil, told the whole story. The unfortunate man, having finished his packing, had sat down on the spruce log with his face to the fire, and his back to the dense woods, to wait for his companion. While thus waiting, his monstrous assailant, which must have been lurking in the woods, waiting for a chance to catch one of the adventurers unprepared, came silently up from behind, walking with long noiseless steps and seemingly still on two legs. Evidently unheard, it reached the man, and broke his neck by wrenching his head back with its fore paws, while it buried its teeth in his throat. It had not eaten the body, but apparently had romped and gamboled around it in uncouth, ferocious glee, occasionally rolling over and over it; and had then fled back into the soundless depths of the woods.

Bauman, utterly unnerved and believing that the creature with which he had to deal was something either half human or half devil, some great goblin-beast, abandoned everything but his rifle and struck off at speed down the pass, not halting until he reached the beaver meadows where the hobbled ponies were still grazing. Mounting, he rode onwards through the night, until beyond reach of pursuit."

87720807.jpg?w=600&h=600&keep_ratio=1&we

Hello Darrell - Thank you for your service. I was detached there immediately upon my return from Germany in 1976 and that was last duty station. It was first of my tours. I did in fact see the signs outside the post in the countryside. The last time I was there was in 2006, and I could not locate then. I do not know when the state removed them because I did not find them again. I spoke with someone older the last time I there and they recalled them but didn't when they replace. He seemed humored when I mentioned it.

Always seemingly progressively liberal about things, Washington is I think, the first state to recognize them (BF) by passing an ordinance prohibiting the killing or harming of something many still do not believe exist .... Go figure!

Edited by Gumshoeye

Hello KB - I for one would enjoy talking with him ... The man is genuinely articulate and intelligent and a complete joy to listen to. I've only heard him a few times and felt I've known him for a long time although we never met. Beyond that, the man is a treasure trove of knowledge we can all learn from ...

Thank you JKH

We don't know what percentage of dogmen are lethal, since many may be like bigfoot, and avoid confrontations. 

How is dogman's body different from bigfoot?

Regarding your first statement, Linda Godfrey, who has studied dogman for more than 21 years, claims there has never been one case of a dogman committing a serious injury to a human, but they do kill livestock and pets.  

On the question of how they differ from bigfoot, from what I've been able to discern, and I'm new to this subject, the head is a lot different.  BF has a rounded face like a human's, but dogman has a triangular shaped head which seems to be due to its having a muzzle.  The shape of the muzzle may be more like that of a baboon than a dog.  It also has triangular shaped ears that at times stick straight up.  BF ears are cropped close to the head and resemble human ears, but are almost never visible except on a very short haired BF.  The lower legs and feet are different.  Where BF leaves a long human like footprint the dogman possibly has a long foot like BF, but walks on the front of the foot and leaves footprints that resemble pads instead of human like prints.  They move on both all fours or upright just like a BF.  

Here is a link to BF researcher Scott Carpenter's alleged dogman sighting including video he captured and possible footprints (found a year later).

http://dogman-monsters-are-real.blogspot.com/

I don't know what to think about dogman, if it is real or not.  There are bona fide researchers like Ray Crowe and Scott Carpenter who believe they are real.  I was thinking maybe it was a different species of BF, but I don't know.

• DogmanStillAX.jpg

• DogmenComp1.jpg
      Description.jpg
Edited by jayjeti

What I'm seeing there is breaks in the foliage, nothing biological. IMHO. 

Look a the slow motion of the video, it looks like the darker object is moving while the foliage in front of it does not move.  Do you think that is caused by the camera man moving or is there something moving in the foliage?  Scott Carpenter has done 'blob squatch" photos before that are a bit "iffy."  I can't tell if it is a distant dark object or if it is in the foreground.  If it is in the foreground then something seems to be moving  But if it is in the more distant background then its nothing but the camera man moving the camera.  Good eye.  After looking at it again I'm a bit unsure if there is an animal there at all.  Why would he suddenly stop filming, moving the camera away, if he had one in view?

Edited by jayjeti

Guest crabshack

The Valley Of The Headless Men

The Nahanni Valley of Canada's Northwest Territories has been called one of the last truly unexplored places in the world. Lying above the 60th Parallel, it is accessible only by air, water or a long overland journey from the village of Tungsten. As a result, much of the area remains unexplored, despite being declared a national park in 1976, and a World Heritage Site in 1978.

Native tales tell of an unknown evil lurking within 200 Mile Gorge, and most avoid the area. Local oral history also tells of a mountain-dwelling tribe known as the Naha. The Naha were feared by the region's Dene people, as they often descended to raid nearby villages. These tales end with the rapid, mysterious disappearance of the Naha. No trace of this tribe has ever been found.

The eerie nickname attached to 200 Mile Gorge is the Valley Of The Headless Men. This name comes from a series of unexplained incidents in the Gorge during the Gold Rush of the early 20th century. Two brothers, Willie and Frank McLeod left in 1906 in an attempt to reach the Klondike through Nahanni. Nothing was heard from them for the next two years. Rumours spoke of the two finding the "mother lode" of gold. Despite this, no efforts were made to find them. In 1908, another prospecting expedition discovered two bodies, later identified as the McLeod brothers. Both had been decapitated. This incident would likely have been marked up as just another macabre tale of North had they been the only headless bodies.  In 1917, the body of a Swiss prospector by the name of Martin Jorgenson was found next to his burned cabin. Decapitated. In 1945, the body of a miner from Ontario, whose name seems to be lost to history, was found in his sleeping bag, without a head. A trapper named >John O'Brien was found frozen next to his campfire, matches still clutched in his hand. I cannot find any reference to the state of his head.

Theories abound as to what happened to these men, and others (up to 44 people are said to have disappeared there). Some put these attacks down to grizzly bears, some feuding  prospectors, others natives. Some say the area is naturally heated by hot springs, and is practically a tropical paradise, a Shangri-La if you will, with the valley floor covered in gold nuggets. These theories often speak of the valley being a haven for the Sasquatch. Some even claim the valley is an entrance to the "Hollow Earth". My view lies somewhere in-between all these. I believe that the native Naha people discovered this sheltered valley, and settled there. Theoretically, food would be plentiful if the valley is the veritable paradise described in some reports. These people then likely became highly territorial over their lands, and killed any trespassers. The decapitation is reminiscent of certain other tribal practices designed to instill fear in their enemies. The image provided is for reference only, and as far as I am aware, there are no images of the 200 Mile Gorge available online.

http://raven-talesoftheweird.blogspot.com/2011/02/valley-of-headless-men.html

Edited by crabshack

Look a the slow motion of the video, it looks like the darker object is moving while the foliage in front of it does not move.  Do you think that is caused by the camera man moving or is there something moving in the foliage?  Scott Carpenter has done 'blob squatch" photos before that are a bit "iffy."  I can't tell if it is a distant dark object or if it is in the foreground.  If it is in the foreground then something seems to be moving  But if it is in the more distant background then its nothing but the camera man moving the camera.  Good eye.  After looking at it again I'm a bit unsure if there is an animal there at all.  Why would he suddenly stop filming, moving the camera away, if he had one in view?

I have a rule with this stuff............if I have to start imagining a nose or ear, or in the case of prints a toe/s? Then it's not very good evidence.

Don't waste your time on it, go find the good stuff. The fresher the sign the closer the quarry, right?

• masterbarber unpinned this topic