Bigfoot Beheads People?

Thank you Bobby, you have *always* been the kindest person I have dealt with, and I sincerely appreciate you. 

This man's story tells about a side of the BF species that I have never heard about. I believe that the BF are *not* dangerous to us humans, but if this guy is telling the truth, than I have been wrong about them being gentle giants.

I strongly recommend reading the "Missing 411" books if you want to see the darker side of this creature.  In the case of Coonbos's story, the hunter shot a BF and was promptly killed by a second BF.  There are numerous stories of BFs seeking revenge when attacked.

Look a the slow motion of the video, it looks like the darker object is moving while the foliage in front of it does not move...    ...

Why would he suddenly stop filming, moving the camera away, if he had one in view?

I can't make out anything convincing in the video myself, however, as Scott Carpenter states several times, it was recorded by a rearward facing camera mounted, I believe on his pack, just above his left shoulder. The idea being to record anything that may stay hidden until he has passed. The video feed is not monitored in real time.

The Valley Of The Headless Men

The Nahanni Valley of Canada's Northwest Territories has been called one of the last truly unexplored places in the world. Lying above the 60th Parallel, it is accessible only by air, water or a long overland journey from the village of Tungsten. As a result, much of the area remains unexplored, despite being declared a national park in 1976, and a World Heritage Site in 1978.

Native tales tell of an unknown evil lurking within 200 Mile Gorge, and most avoid the area. Local oral history also tells of a mountain-dwelling tribe known as the Naha. The Naha were feared by the region's Dene people, as they often descended to raid nearby villages. These tales end with the rapid, mysterious disappearance of the Naha. No trace of this tribe has ever been found...

...The image provided is for reference only, and as far as I am aware, there are no images of the 200 Mile Gorge available online.

http://raven-talesoftheweird.blogspot.com/2011/02/valley-of-headless-men.html

Here is photo of the 200 Mile Gorge from travelcreepster.com.

post-22377-0-54750800-1414034302_thumb.j

Here is another from Google content.

post-22377-0-71495200-1414034615_thumb.j

Here is a wider view from Google Earth. The approximate area captured in the photo above is outlined in red.

post-22377-0-18821800-1414036958_thumb.j

Definitely a challenging destination!

The Valley Of The Headless Men

The Nahanni Valley of Canada's Northwest Territories has been called one of the last truly unexplored places in the world. Lying above the 60th Parallel, it is accessible only by air, water or a long overland journey from the village of Tungsten. As a result, much of the area remains unexplored, despite being declared a national park in 1976, and a World Heritage Site in 1978.

Native tales tell of an unknown evil lurking within 200 Mile Gorge, and most avoid the area. Local oral history also tells of a mountain-dwelling tribe known as the Naha. The Naha were feared by the region's Dene people, as they often descended to raid nearby villages. These tales end with the rapid, mysterious disappearance of the Naha. No trace of this tribe has ever been found.

The eerie nickname attached to 200 Mile Gorge is the Valley Of The Headless Men. This name comes from a series of unexplained incidents in the Gorge during the Gold Rush of the early 20th century. Two brothers, Willie and Frank McLeod left in 1906 in an attempt to reach the Klondike through Nahanni. Nothing was heard from them for the next two years. Rumours spoke of the two finding the "mother lode" of gold. Despite this, no efforts were made to find them. In 1908, another prospecting expedition discovered two bodies, later identified as the McLeod brothers. Both had been decapitated. This incident would likely have been marked up as just another macabre tale of North had they been the only headless bodies.  In 1917, the body of a Swiss prospector by the name of Martin Jorgenson was found next to his burned cabin. Decapitated. In 1945, the body of a miner from Ontario, whose name seems to be lost to history, was found in his sleeping bag, without a head. A trapper named >John O'Brien was found frozen next to his campfire, matches still clutched in his hand. I cannot find any reference to the state of his head.

Theories abound as to what happened to these men, and others (up to 44 people are said to have disappeared there). Some put these attacks down to grizzly bears, some feuding  prospectors, others natives. Some say the area is naturally heated by hot springs, and is practically a tropical paradise, a Shangri-La if you will, with the valley floor covered in gold nuggets. These theories often speak of the valley being a haven for the Sasquatch. Some even claim the valley is an entrance to the "Hollow Earth". My view lies somewhere in-between all these. I believe that the native Naha people discovered this sheltered valley, and settled there. Theoretically, food would be plentiful if the valley is the veritable paradise described in some reports. These people then likely became highly territorial over their lands, and killed any trespassers. The decapitation is reminiscent of certain other tribal practices designed to instill fear in their enemies. The image provided is for reference only, and as far as I am aware, there are no images of the 200 Mile Gorge available online.

http://raven-talesoftheweird.blogspot.com/2011/02/valley-of-headless-men.html

That's pretty creepy stuff. Not saying it's Bigfoot. But obviously something up there at one time was beheading white men. I would have liked to have had a medical examiner take a look at the corpses..........how was the head removed and when? Before death? After?

My guess? Renegade Indians or claim jumpers.

Norse, I don't always agree, but you, sir, are spot on point on this issue.

Well......I'm usually a complete screw up, but I have my moments.

;)

I strongly recommend reading the "Missing 411" books if you want to see the darker side of this creature.  In the case of Coonbos's story, the hunter shot a BF and was promptly killed by a second BF.  There are numerous stories of BFs seeking revenge when attacked.

I've read them but it was back when they first came out. Last night I was listening to David's YouTube videos, and I had truly forgotten about how horrible those events must have been for everyone involved, especially the person who probably was eaten alive in some of the cases.

NCBRR, We need a body, we need to somehow prove these things exist so that people will at least be fore-warned when hiking and camping. Thank you for your comment.

If we get into the whole gambit of bigfoot karate, from tales of what they've done, besides pulling off heads or ripping you open, they bite necks, throw you against trees, tear off limbs, and stomp on you.  

As far as strength, a 160 lb chimpanzee is 5 times stronger than a man.  The reason for that is the type of muscle.  Humans are built more for finesse and fine motor skills.  Our type of muscle caters to the brains we have and for that type of fine motor skills our muscles are not as strong.  Apes muscles are more for brute strength.  I wonder if sasquatches have the more brute strength type muscle fiber?  If so, coupled with their bulk could make them immensely strong.  One of their stick structures is inverting 1000 lb trees root side up, and sticking them several feet into the ground.

I previously alluded to five hunters who had their heads torn off.  They were part of a party of nine, and the others were finally able to kill it.  The article said they measured him and he was 13 feet tall, and commented, "and its breadth and volume of just proportions."  http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/419-13-foot-sasquatch-beheads-5-hunters/

Can you imagine the size of that thing?  Michael Jordan is 6'6" which is exactly half of 13 feet.  And it appears the sasquatch was bulked out as well.  And if he has the type of muscle that makes him many more times stronger than men anyway, these guys are like Hercules -- no wonder they can tear heads or limbs off with ease.

JayJetti, Has any of your research or camping and hiking habits changed since learning all of this has occurred? Have the potential dangers kept you away from certain areas, or are you proceeding as you always have in the past?

Has this discussion effected your future plans?

Norseman said:

That's pretty creepy stuff. Not saying it's Bigfoot. But obviously something up there at one time was beheading white men. I would have liked to have had a medical examiner take a look at the corpses..........how was the head removed and when? Before death? After?

My guess? Renegade Indians or claim jumpers.

Susie asks: Have you read many accounts of humans beheading other humans? There are very few of those occurrences, and usually a knife/machete/axe is used,  and then twisting or/and cutting to break the neck bone and the nerves is involved. These beheadings seem to be torn or pulled off. Most human males could not easily accomplish that feat. Forget a woman even being able to accomplish that feat, we are just not made to have strength like that unless a rare female bodybuilder got really angry, even then I just can't see a female having the strength to do something like that:(

Edited by SweetSusiq

When you consider the vast numbers of people listed in those books, it is also important to remember they only represent a small percentage of those missing, and the possibility of the figures perhaps five times is probably closer to the truth. Using the same parameters he spoke in his many interviews I tested the idea, and sure enough I find several others he missed in my own state of Michigan.

When I suggest the "five times greater" number, I of course have no way to validate that claim but use only for the purpose of benchmark.

It would be quite interesting for the astute quizzical minded people on this board, if they are those interested, to do some checking of your own state and see what you come up with. Long before I ever considered BF as being something other than a fairy tale, I use to research for work. I found several articles on these bizarre abductions that occurred way back, that when only after reading and listening to his (Paulides) expose, did I recognize them as exactly what he was talking about.

Paulides parted the weeds, broke the path and bared the cross on a topic many viewed as taboo for a very longtime.

But, if you have the time and curiosity check for yourself. As a springboard for such an effort I would suggest, the Newspaper Archives as a natural starting a point ...  The boast of a billion newspaper articles and I can say that I enjoyed reading everything from Wildman to simple local politics in places near and far. It is a paid  to subscribe site, and it does have glitches, but I used it for investigations and it worked well for me.   

Norseman - Good point and well said!

Edited by Gumshoeye

Jayjett i posted:

Regarding your first statement, Linda Godfrey, who has studied dogman for more than 21 years, claims there has never been one case of a dogman committing a serious injury to a human, but they do kill livestock and pets.  

Susie replies: 

​I think Linda is wrong, very very wrong. There are different types of Dogman, the canine type, and the type 3 who has a phenomenal body like a huge linebacker only larger than anything human, and is very nimble, plus  is accounted to be probably the most dangerous type of Dogman. The canine type scared the "heck" out of a girlfriend of mine, and it chased her car. She is still having *nightmares* about trying to out run that creature in her car as it chased her.

Gumshoeye

Plus 1 to you Gumshoeye, and well said.

Edited by SweetSusiq

I have never to my knowledge interacted with Tim Coonbo(sp?) but I respect the heck out of him and his research. I believe that this man is a serious researcher, and well versed on some of the strange events regarding the entire BF species, including the Dogman type. I've learned a lot from him.

My thoughts are bigfoot or dogman resorts to lethal force when we walk too close to it's den and family or shoot at it...................then watch out. How do we know when we are too close to its den?  Someone answer.................I'm not sure.

A baseless guess: 95% of the bigfoots don't want to tangle with humans since they know we could hunt them down or they may be injured in the battle............they are smart in this way. Another 3% might even be culled by their own kind. This leave 2% that might be homicidal.

Someone might find an Oregon bfro report of a hiking guide who shoots a bigfoot, and he is pulled apart in front of the women he is guiding. The Forest Service wrote up a bear attack regardless of what the ladies told them.

Bigfoots have been spotted all over our area with in 5 miles. Just got a new report from mushroom pickers and might investigate. Now I'm intimidated............thanks much! I'll duct tape my head to my shoulders.

Go to the 23 minute mark and watch two world class women wrestlers. Some head twisting but nothing like bigfoot's head twisting moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1fRWzQykc0

Edited by georgerm

georgerm

Truly, After everything we have heard about happening, I sincerely do hope that you will be well prepared to face any dangers that you could encounter. Forewarned is forearmed in this case, and I hope that you carry a very strong gun with huge bullets. Have you seen a BF or a DM? 

It would take 3 or more *men* to equal one BF, and more than that to equal the 800+ pound, 8 foot plus dogman I saw.

Do you wear a sidearm along with your rifle, or shotgun? If so, what caliber is your sidearm?

Look a the slow motion of the video, it looks like the darker object is moving while the foliage in front of it does not move.  Do you think that is caused by the camera man moving or is there something moving in the foliage?  Scott Carpenter has done 'blob squatch" photos before that are a bit "iffy."  I can't tell if it is a distant dark object or if it is in the foreground.  If it is in the foreground then something seems to be moving  But if it is in the more distant background then its nothing but the camera man moving the camera.  Good eye.  After looking at it again I'm a bit unsure if there is an animal there at all.  Why would he suddenly stop filming, moving the camera away, if he had one in view?

Jay, The camera was attached to this man's shoulder, pointing backwards to record what is going on behind him. He did not know about the creature being there until he checked his film out when he (thankfully) returned home and watched his recordings.

On an aside, fight or flight is outdated.  It is fight, flight, or freeze.

In your description, you opted for freeze.  It has been the demise of many folks...not so many animals as they tend to be selected out of the gene pool.  It helps to go through different emergencies in your head, and how you'd react to them.  So when you experience the emergency you can be of assistance.

Carry on!

@ Gum - cool photo you mentioned....

Cotter, At that moment, with the alarm blaring, I did freeze. Usually, in an emergency, I react well, I am trained as an RN to react in medical emergencies, and have done so many many times, especially with my boys daily trying to kill themselves.

However, that night, with the alarm blaring, I froze, hubby reacted to protect his family and our children, who were sleeping upstairs.

I think that men react to danger to their family more aggressively than women possibly could because I suspect most home invasions are done by men, and another man stands a better chance to protect the family than a lone female could ever do unless the female was well trained in self defense plus fire arms, and had a weapon available to use in an emergency such as a home invasion robbery.

I truly cannot see myself shooting another human being unless it was the last resort to protect my boys. If alone, I would run next door to our neighbors, an older couple, who are always at home.

On an aside, fight or flight is outdated.  It is fight, flight, or freeze.

In your description, you opted for freeze.  It has been the demise of many folks...not so many animals as they tend to be selected out of the gene pool.  It helps to go through different emergencies in your head, and how you'd react to them.  So when you experience the emergency you can be of assistance.

Carry on!

@ Gum - cool photo you mentioned....

Plus 1 to you from me. Thank you, Cotter, for your advice.

"In your description, you opted for freeze.  It has been the demise of many folks...not so many animals as they tend to be selected out of the gene pool."

I don't know Cotter, freezing is a defence mechanism for many prey species.  If the predator doesn't see or scent them, they have a good chance of getting away.  I once watched my beagle go right past a snowshoe rabbit that had frozen under a small bush.  He never knew it was there.

t.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic