Discovery Channel Bigfoot Gait Analysis

roguefooter

^^ Bob H is not the one with the extraordinary claim that requires the extraordinary evidence.

Say what? In the scope of the PGF players, Bob H is the only one who hasn't provided evidence to back his claim.

Gimlin and Patterson provided a film. It doesn't matter if you believe it real or fake- it is what it is and backs their claims of an encounter.

^^Believe it or not it wasn't that long ago that I was a believer with an open mind. I was fooled, but meanwhile I started to investigate the subject and found it fascinating how all the hoax's sort of tie together. It will take a body in front of me with scalpel in hand before I fall for it again.  I still like Bigfoot, but like Kit to be a fan you don't need to believe.

Since my post went ignored in the other thread, I'll bring it up again here.

Do you still believe it's all a fool's game now that we know the Yeti is a real flesh and blood creature? It may not be what was expected but still a real creature that wasn't known to exist. The claims of a hoax were wrong, but funny enough it seems to go ignored. Why do you think that is? Why do we still have people preaching about the "easiest answer" after it obviously isn't always right?

May I ask you a simple question? If you have concluded that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that this creature exists, where is the enjoyment in participating in forums such as this one?  Yes, I understand that 'skeptics' are welcome, but this to me is not skepticism.  Skepticism is doubt concerning claims; you are well beyond doubt, you are in full certainty mode. 

Again, you are completely welcome to your viewpoint.  Hell, you may even be right in the end, though I don't feel that you are.  I just am curious as to what the underlying motivation is here.  I mean you no disrespect but when I see a mind that has reached a  firm and unyielding conclusion, particularly about something that is much in debate, I tend to turn away from that mind because I know in advance what it is going to say, every single time, about every single topic. 

There are skeptics and there are skofftics. One comes here to discuss, the other to preach.

Don't confuse the two.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

kitakaze

It sounds to me like he said it to create some sort of doubt in their minds. That maybe a human would not be able to do this so it really was a Bigfoot. It sounded to my like the Stanford man cut in like he was correcting him about that's not what this was about.

I think that's a matter of personal perception. I think definitely Meldrum had his doubts before Bronston started walking back and forth, and then still more when the suit came out. What I know for sure is that he was honest and forthright with his candidness about how surprised he was that a human in a suit easily replicated Patty's gait. I applaud his intellectual honesty in that. Everyone present was satisfied with this not on a gut level but from pure gait analytics - their specialty.

I agree with you on a number of points, but where we part ways is to accuse Meldrum of some conniving behaviour. I think the most profiteering Meldrum has engaged in is hooking up with Todd Standing, but that is now. I don't have a problem with Meldrum selling casts. Having communicated with him numerous times on a number of issues, I have zero doubt that he is a man of principle and intelligence, no matter what he thinks of my layman's arguments. Meldrum has promoted at lot of bogus evidence, but it is not because he knew it to be fake.

I do wonder what Meldrum would have to say today about the Skookum cast. He may be too married to the idea it really was from Bigfoot. I should ask him. 

Patterson-Gimlin

I agree that Bigfoot most likely does not exist . I do not agree with your view on Meldrum. Kit explained it quite well.

As for as passing a lie dector . Just one example,Travis Walton passed also and  he certainly was never abducted by aliens.

Therefore inconclusive. We do agree on the fantasy aspect of the mythical  creature. They are everywhere ,but nowhere.

^^It still sounds to me like Meldrum was trying to insinuate that since the man in the test was not wearing a costume that they didn't prove it can be done by a man.

Just one example,Travis Walton passed also and  he certainly was never abducted by aliens.

Was he video taped in front of an audience where we could watch? Watching Bob H he even sounds and acts like he is sincerely being honest. 

Meldrum has already accused Bob H as being a liar without any proof that he was. Guilty until proven innocent. 

Guest thermalman

What proof do you have that Bob H is NOT a liar? Maybe you should be contacting Meldrum and getting more answers from him before posting accusations? Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do?

Edited by thermalman

SweatyYeti

Kerry wrote:

Watching Bob H he even sounds and acts like he is sincerely being honest.

:lol:

Have you seen the many ways he described Roger gettin' bucked-off his horse...and not gettin' bucked-off his horse....and, supposedly gettin' bucked-off his horse.....(when the fact of the matter is, Roger filmed the entire Film while on foot.)  :)

Cotter

^^You need to educate yourself on these matters to avoid the non sequitur logic.

*tips over*

found it fascinating how all the hoax's sort of tie together.

Kerry - would you be so kind as to explain 'how all the hoax's sort of tie together' so I can be fascinated?

Or perhaps explain to me how the Temagami hoax and the Tenley hoax tie together?

What proof do you have that Bob H is NOT a liar? Maybe you should be contacting Meldrum and getting more answers from him before posting accusations? Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do?

I've tried to talk to Meldrum, why do you think I'm so fed up? While fully knowing Bob Heironimus claimed to have been in the costume and had claimed that Roger made the tracks Meldrum made a scientific evaluation that stated as fact another scenario that’s not even a rational thought. Meldrum used his science credentials to scorn Bob Heironimus for profit. How would you like to be a family member of Bob Heironimus? He was the only one man enough to fess up to the entire fiasco and he didn’t get anything but to be hated by bigfooters as a liar for his entire life. If I were his son I would hunt down Meldrum and teach him a lesson in respect for my father’s honor.

Kerry - would you be so kind as to explain 'how all the hoax's sort of tie together' so I can be fascinated?

"All" was a poor choice in wording but I would classify Bigfoot as a perpetually recycled hoax.

Edited by Kerry

Cotter

So hoaxes are tied together b/c they are hoaxes?

Guest Crowlogic

It was a fair to midling result.

Edited by Crowlogic

clubbedfoot

^^^ you mean the Patty gait replication that was undertaken by some folks at Stanford?

Personally I'd like to see the entire report and accompanying video rather than take conclusions on their face...

Edited by clubbedfoot

Backdoc

They did show a man in a suit in a lab on level ground after several practice attempts while indoors could come very close for a few steps only, to walk like patty.

Guest thermalman

Kerry: " How would you like to be a family member of Bob Heironimus? He was the only one man enough to fess up to the entire fiasco and he didn’t get anything but to be hated by bigfooters as a liar for his entire life."

Can't go on blaming everyone else, when Bob has had 40 years to produce a suit and thus far has produced nothing!

Edited by thermalman

David NC

I did not see the slits in the eyes on the pgf  film. Bob's walk does not match up with the leg angles on the pgf. Kerry aside from that Bob just admitted he is Bigfoot so the next time you see him tell him thanks for finally giving me a name to put down on the trespassing warrant for being on my property. cheers.

MagniAesir

Considering that Bob was unable to describe how to get to the film site, I find it hard to believe that he told the truth

I have met Dr. Meldrum in person and I did not at all find him as you describe