Discovery Channel Bigfoot Gait Analysis

roguefooter

I've tried to talk to Meldrum, why do you think I'm so fed up? While fully knowing Bob Heironimus claimed to have been in the costume and had claimed that Roger made the tracks Meldrum made a scientific evaluation that stated as fact another scenario that’s not even a rational thought. Meldrum used his science credentials to scorn Bob Heironimus for profit. How would you like to be a family member of Bob Heironimus? He was the only one man enough to fess up to the entire fiasco and he didn’t get anything but to be hated by bigfooters as a liar for his entire life. If I were his son I would hunt down Meldrum and teach him a lesson in respect for my father’s honor.

Heironimus himself said that he came forward as the "man in the suit" to make money off of it.

Hunt him down? Sounds like you have some kind of strange personal obsession with the guy.

kitakaze

I've tried to talk to Meldrum, why do you think I'm so fed up? While fully knowing Bob Heironimus claimed to have been in the costume and had claimed that Roger made the tracks Meldrum made a scientific evaluation that stated as fact another scenario that’s not even a rational thought. Meldrum used his science credentials to scorn Bob Heironimus for profit. How would you like to be a family member of Bob Heironimus? He was the only one man enough to fess up to the entire fiasco and he didn’t get anything but to be hated by bigfooters as a liar for his entire life. If I were his son I would hunt down Meldrum and teach him a lesson in respect for my father’s honor.

"All" was a poor choice in wording but I would classify Bigfoot as a perpetually recycled hoax.

I'm sorry, Kerry, but I have to call extremism wherever I see it and that is over the top. Way, way, way too much black hat villainizing going on there. Yes, Heironimus has been villainized, Patterson as well. It's a divisive subject and it inevitably happens.

I know what Heironimus' family members think because I've spoken with them. His wife Glenda and his brother Howard. Howard was a very close friend of Roger Patterson and at one point lived with Bruce Mondor and his sister Patricia Mondor, who became Patricia Patterson. I've spoken at length with Glenda how she has felt about her husband coming forward, what family discussions they had when the decision was made to do it, and how they dealt with it.

What we are supposed to believe according to Gimlin and many those who believe him is that Heironimus got his family and many people in his community to nefariously collude with him to hoodwink Bigfootery. I know you think of that in the same way I do. What none of them have is any animosity towards people like Jeff Meldrum. They certainly are tired of the lunatic fringe of Bigfootery, but they discussed what they would have to deal with when Heironimus came forward and took steps to lessen the impact in terms of having normal life disrupted.

I think the animosity you have for Meldrum is yours. Is he wrong? Sure, on many things where Bigfoot is concerned. Elk lays, Wallace stompers, you name it. I can even think he's gone off the deep end in recent times hooking up with Standing. But I can not thinking of him in the same malicious, conniving sense that you do.

Meldrum is an intelligent and great guy within the Bigfoot community. He once suggested in one of his presentations that I get a life. I don't take that personally. I laugh, take it with good humour, and consider it a compliment. This is Meldrum's presentation at this year's Yakima Round Up...

I think it was pretty good and I would find myself more in agreement with him than the NY biologist you mention when he discusses the importance of something like Homo floresiensis. The fact is that something like Bigfoot, like Bigfoot in the sense of another species of hominin, has been on this planet nearly into historical times, and if someone were to find the remains or to photograph what we call orang pendek on some remote Indonesian island, I would not be gobsmacked with disbelief. I would be thrilled, but not stunned and have my world view shattered. The reason being is because the bones are there that are a drop in the bucket geological. Closer to a few minutes ago geologically than a few days or years. That in no way whatsoever equates to support for Bigfoot, but the fact is homo species diversity is not as long gone as we once thought.

I disagree with Meldrum about a whole lot, but I also think he deserves much more respect than you suggest. Just an opinion, take it or leave it.

Kerry wrote:

:lol:

Have you seen the many ways he described Roger gettin' bucked-off his horse...and not gettin' bucked-off his horse....and, supposedly gettin' bucked-off his horse.....(when the fact of the matter is, Roger filmed the entire Film while on foot.)  :)

No, and neither have you. You've only heard Heironimus describe what he recalled experiencing directly (no one getting bucked) and relating what Roger said happen (bucked, trapped under horse, bent stirrup).

Context restoration = quote-mining fail.

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

Kit,

I applaud your reasoning not because you and I agree on issues of the PGF (we rarely do), but because you have the guts to say what needed to be said here regarding Meldrum.  This (in my view) vendetta against Dr. Meldrum on this thread has been my concern from the start.  I have expressed as much as soon as the thread started.  Thanks for posting.

(The concept of the actual subject of the Stanford Bigfoot walking study is a good one to actually talk about. Maybe a new thread is needed for the topic?)

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

kitakaze

Kit, Bob passing a polygraph means nothing and the Stanford gait analysis means nothing too. It was not conducted to scientific standards. They were eyeballing for cripes sakes. You know how I hate that. They should be ashamed. Debate me on that one if you dare.

Excellent. GigantoInternetBigfootForumfootecus says Stanford's Motion and Gait Analysis Laboratory did not conduct there experiment to scientific standards.

This happened to day in Bigfootery.

So the limb measurements, the joint angles, the motion tracker points all over Bronston Delone's body, the movement parameters recorded by Patty necessary for Delone to replicate, this was all eyeballing. Like everything being done in the test here is, oh, let's hand wave it, it's eyeballing because Gigantofootecus says so...

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/30761-best-evidence-bigfoot-gait-analysis-video.htm

Human gait analysts, orthopedic surgeons, people who literally wrote the book an human gait analysis are eyeballing and Bigfoot enthusiast on Internet forum knows better. This actually happened today in Bigfootery.

What do Rose and Gamble know? lol

513JEJN9PAL.jpg

Don't let them have it. Take it away. They shall not pass. Everything is safe, the wagons are united.

I'm sorry, Kerry, but I have to call extremism wherever I see it and that is over the top. Way, way, way too much black hat villainizing going on there. Yes, Heironimus has been villainized, Patterson as well. It's a divisive subject and it inevitably happens.

Sorry Kit, but I'm not feeling the empathy for a man that uses science as a tool to mislead the public for monetary gain. 

kitakaze

Fair enough. I will say what I think Meldrum's biggest move at monetary game in Bigfootery is hooking up with Standing. I think he had a purpose in that which was lining the coffers for research projects, as opposed to getting a new beard trimmer for the Krantz transformation project. IOW, the vibe I get was that he used Standing as an opportunity.

What do you think is a blatant and undeniable case of Meldrum using science as a tool to mislead the public for monetary gain?

Backdoc

Meldrum out to mislead the public. How sad if it were true. Since it is not, How sad for the accuser.

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

What do you think is a blatant and undeniable case of Meldrum using science as a tool to mislead the public for monetary gain?

In his scientific evaluation when he stated as fact that the "figure in the film made the tracks" all while knowing Bob Heironimus claimed it was Roger. He mislead everyone including me.  You remember when he started selling casts of the prints, and that book: When Legend Meets Science? I really thought he had some kind of evidence that proved the figure in the film was what made the tracks when he stated it as a fact. Come to find out after he was asked he replied that it was just this part of the film:   

post-1448-0-08511000-1414028680_thumb.jp

Really? That is all you have and you were certain enough to state in a scientific evaluation that it made the tracks? When Bob Heirionimus passed a lie detector? When in other cases like **** (not permitted to talk about)  you were fast to call it a hoax without ever examining it? Could it be that you have been certain all along that Bigfoot is not real so in turn you knew that one had to be a hoax too? 

His reply? Delete everything! To me that is acknowledgment of guilt.

Jeff, I know you're a member here and are probably reading this right now so how about a public response to these questions you have avoided? 

Then there's the $300,000 of other peoples money he's blowing that fellow Iowa anthropologist Russell Ciochon tells him enough is enough there is no Bigfoot Jeff.

Backdoc

^^^^

I think it is very sad. Very very sad what we are witnessing here.

A doctor shows 5 different ink blot pictures to the patient. He asks the patient "what do you see in this one". To each the patient answers "sex". "You seem to have sex on your mind" the doctor said.

The patient replied:

"Hey don't blame me, your the one who drew all the dirty pictures"

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

^^I think it's sad how you and your peanut gallery always get disturbed about my opinion. If you can't handle my answers, don't ask me. If Jeff feels I was out of line, allow him to debate it with me.

Edited by Kerry

clubbedfoot

would be interesting to see someone nail the gait, the in-line step, and the various step lengths and duplicate the depth of the foot imprints in the soil (assuming similar soil conditions filmed during the PGF)

Edited by clubbedfoot

SweatyYeti

^

Would you consider putting this quote of yours in your signature line??... :) ...

"Believing in Bigfoot is just fine".

kitakaze

You mean that belief I had for decades? That thing that Scott Herriott, Henry May, Steven Streufert, John Cartwright, Bill Munns, Rictor Riolo, Cindy Bowers, and many others believe in that I'm quite fond of?

You know that confusion you experience when you write things like the following?...

Bill and I both present 'pro-Bigfoot' evidence, regarding Patty...yet kitakaze has...(and has had, for a very long time)....polar-opposite reactions to our work. 

As Spock would say...."Fascinating". 

I'll give you a hint - it's has very much to do with intransigence. I have a great many friends who believe in Bigfoot, in UFO's, in ghosts, in psychic powers, in astrology and many other things. Having believed in Bigfoot for so long, I can understand those beliefs, particularly for people who don't have all the facts or have been misinformed about them. Happens all the time. It's when those beliefs become fundamentalist and intolerant that it's not just fine.

Maybe I should consider putting this in my signature line...

SweatyYeti, on 10 Oct 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes...the arrow points precisely to where Patty's arm bends...

SweatyYeti, on 10 Oct 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:snapback.png

Whether Patty was a real Sasquatch, or a man-in-a-suit...the arm bones are encased in flesh and hair...and that can disguise the precise 'bend-point', to some degree....especially when the arm is bent at only a small angle.

SweatyYeti

kitakaze wrote:

You mean that belief I had for decades? That thing that Scott Herriott, Henry May, Steven Streufert, John Cartwright, Bill Munns, Rictor Riolo, Cindy Bowers, and many others believe in that I'm quite fond of?

I have no idea what you mean, when you say "Believing in Bigfoot is just fine"....and then also say this...

You are the Fortean culture equivalent of the Klingon contingent at the Star Trek convention demanding why, in Klingon, no one has brought blood wine to your table or why parking instructions were not printed in Klingon.

Breaking news - Approximately 14 people continued on an Internet forum today their devout belief that the subject of the 1967 Patterson-Gimlin Film was in fact the legendary creature known as Bigfoot, and reiterated demands that someone recreate the film for them to show them how it was faked. Interested parties can call 1-800-YOU-SHALL-NOT-PASS.

Seriously, what is it that causes these people to think that only three people ever submitting Patty recreation attempts shows an inability for it to be done rather than, wow, really? You people think that was real? Have fun with that.

In the real world 47 years of no Bigfoot is more than enough reason not to take seriously the film from huckster Bigfoot enthusiast. It is in that same real world that people would consider trying to appease or sway those devout believers an exercise in complete futility.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/155-two-strong-reasons-to-consider-the-pgf-a-hoax/page-77

And this:

I can only pity the unfortunate circumstance in which you find yourself having to puff up and pretend as if your Bigfoot mystery is not year by year one comedy after another.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/2546-was-bob-heironimus-patty/page-78

And this...

Are you an FX artist? Interested in Bigfoot? A small subculture of people that have a devout faith that the PGF shows a really, really, real Bigfoot would like to know if you are interested in recreating the film subject. They're a fun bunch...

And this:

Really, really, real Bigfoot carrying really, really, real babyfoot. Ask Sweaty. It's true!

And, in closing...kit has also said...

Having been a believer, I have no derision for simple belief...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/2546-was-bob-heironimus-patty/page-78

Edited by SweatyYeti