Discovery Channel Bigfoot Gait Analysis

kitakaze

With the exception of the second quote, those are all targeted at intransigent PGF fundamentalism and intolerance. The second quote responding to angry Bigfoot enthusiast and referencing the absurdities that occur in Bigfootery year after year...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/2546-was-bob-heironimus-patty/?p=844440

Believing in Bigfoot is fine. Fundamentalism and intolerance for those who do not share your beliefs is not. If I was intolerant of people who believe in Bigfoot and think that belief is not OK, I would not be as supportive of those believers I listed as I am. 

SweatyYeti

With the exception of the second quote, those are all targeted at intransigent PGF fundamentalism and intolerance. 

kitakaze wrote:

In the real world, Bigfoot does not exist, the reasons for thinking it should are either the purview of anecdote or an embarrassment to emprical methodology, and the belief in it does not represent any manner of "freethinker" status. It's tabloid Internet culture. It's the desire for self-important maverick thinker ideology. You think you're asking great questions of the world while speaking with only those that support your worldview. I can think of nothing more narrow and limiting. When myths don't make bodies, the world rightly understands them to be myths. Bigfoot is the 20th century mermaid. It's not 21st century and has no place in it. It's an idea, a belief, that is becoming naturally more bizarre as each year carries on without something on a table anyone could agree is this manbeast you believe in.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/30016-kitakazes-patty-suit-bombshell/page-140

Edited by SweatyYeti

kitakaze

Yep, I think Bigfoot existing as described across North America is absurd in the 21st century without a body. I have many friends in this community who feel differently and they all have perfectly valid reasons different from mine. There are a great many types of belief in Bigfoot, including beliefs that finding a Bigfoot body is not possible because Bigfoot is not a normal animal as we know it.

Scott Herriott, Henry May, Steven Streufert, John Cartwright, Bill Munns, Rictor Riolo, Cindy Bowers, Mike Rugg, Darren Lee, Masterbarber, wolftrax, rockinkt...

All people whom whether they believe in Patty or Bigfoot in general, I support them and have no desire to change their beliefs. 

Most of all, whether it is a skeptic scoffing at someone for simply believing in Bigfoot based on the information they have like as if they are an idiot, or orthodox Bigfoot believers scoffing at the beliefs of other Bigfoot believers because they hold less popular ideas, I just really object to intolerance.

I agree with this. Bittermonk, wolftrax, yetifan, masterbarber, rockinkt, HRPuffn'stuff, gershake, Forbig, lots and lots and lots. Believing in Bigfoot does not necessitate that one is incapable of critical thinkiing.

(snip)

It is, it's just the people you call cynics are just skeptics who require reliable evidence for the claim that Bigfoot exists as a real species and not a social construct like alien abduction or ghosts.

(snip)

It's the intolerance, I think. Anyone who thinks the PGF is a hoax are not allowed legitimately have the view based on their valid observations in that manner of thinking. The only people who think that way are cynics and dismissers in that mind frame. It simply can not tolerate an opposing view point. It's a rigid fundamentalism that has nothing to do with being open-minded or willing to have a constructive dialogue with people from that opposing viewpoint.

Bobby, I am as much interested in the culture of Bigfootery as I am in Bigfoot, but that doesn't mean I think myself smarter or better than people who believe in Bigfoot. Believing in Bigfoot does not make one stupid or crazy and I have never stopped arguing that from day one since I started writing on the Internet five years ago.

Once again I am looking at the green button today on a post made by a person I think is Bigfoot proponent, and once again I think the argument that believing in Bigfoot necessitates idiocy and credulousness is undermined by the words and actions of someone I think believes in Bigfoot.

SweatyYeti

Yep, I think Bigfoot existing as described across North America is absurd in the 21st century without a body. 

All people whom whether they believe in Patty or Bigfoot in general, I support them and have no desire to change their beliefs. 

Within the very same post....the person who has spent just about the most time/energy posting against Bigfoot's existence over the last 8 years or so....states that he thinks Bigfoot's existence is "absurd"....and...states that he has no desire to change the minds of people who believe in it.

Then, kit....just one simple question....what was the POINT of your last 15,000 POSTS???   :popcorn:

Edited by SweatyYeti

kitakaze

You don't seem to be grasping what you're reading. I did not say Bigfoot existing would be absurd. As I have argued countless times...

These books started my lifelong passion for Bigfoot. From the age of 8 until my late 20's I was an ardent believer of Bigfoot. I researched every bit of evidence put forward, ready every book I could get my hands on, and would passionately argue for the existence of Bigfoot. It was by so deeply pursuing all claims of evidence that I eventually found that each thread pulled on comes to nothing. It was about 8 years ago that I went from believer to fence-sitter and finally to being fully a skeptic. That did not diminish my love of the subject and passion for researching it. I still love Bigfoot movies, books, and other material, but I enjoy Bigfoot as a myth. What interests me now are reliable claims of evidence. The reason this interests me is because I do not think it is impossible for Bigfoot to exist. I have argued against those who have said that it is not possible for Bigfoot to exist. When asked I usually state that I put the possibility of Bigfoot existing to be somewhere between 0.01 - 1%. That may seem next to zero, but that extremely small margin is what keeps me interested.

Recently there was a claim of a non-human primate arm found in Florida. This is precisely what interests me. It's not an anecdote, it's not a piece of blurry footage, it's not tale told round the campfire. It's flesh and bone and something that can be examined objectively and definitively. I went in with the same skepticism I have always had, but no less interest. After researching all the photos of the bones available to me, I concluded this was not a non-human primate arm. It was no primate, not mammal, not even an arm. It was the hind limb of an alligator. My conclusion was later confirmed by the scientists and professionals who examined the bones. I was not in any way disappointed by the conclusion, nor was I relieved, I was simply satisfied to have a definitive answer about that particular claim of reliable evidence. There's no emotional involvement in whether Bigfoot exists or not. The only thing I can say is that it would be incredibly awesome if Bigfoot did exist, but I have never seen any evidence that would persuade me to make that conclusion.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/49020-whats-the-deal-with-skeptics/page-4#entry865904

Bigfoot existing all across North America with no proof to me is absurd. This without type specimen, bodies many times over is absurd to me...

http://penn.freeservers.com/bigfootmaps/BFSightingsNAT8.jpg

Do I think Scott Herriott's beliefs are absurd? Not at all. He's the best kind of proponent there is and he's experienced something he thought was Bigfoot. So too with Henry May. Where would we be without Henry diligently documenting the Bigfoot community in events, films, books, etc? And without Bill we would have far less Patterson footage to examine. 

Check this cat out. Rictor Riolo. I'm nuts about this guy. He's hilarious, he's intelligent, he's witty. He believes in Bigfoot, is all over the PGF and treats Gimlin as his hero. That's A-OK with me...

Bigfootery would be a far less interesting place without people like that. Tammy's also quite awesome herself.

You don't now, likely never will understand why I am so fond of such people and why I support their right to their beliefs. They are not fundamentalists. They are not intolerant. They are open, diverse engaging people that you can sit down and yak with at great pleasure no matter where you fall in the spectrum, quite simply because they are awesome.

If Bigfoot were to exist, that would be awesome, but if not, no loss to me. If those people were not to exist, however, that would be a huge loss because the world is a far better and more interesting place with them in it.

Psst... Believing in Bigfoot is just fine, even when I think certain ideas within that belief are absurd. Many believers feel the same way as well. If I have a problem with believing in Bigfoot, why do I not have a problem with myself having shared that belief for so long?

Edited by kitakaze

roguefooter

^Yet you have no problem mocking them all by your sweeping "Welcome to Bigfootery" comments.

What an awesome guy.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

kitakaze has just completely contradicted himself, rogue...(regarding "belief in Bigfoot's existence")....openly and proudly....and strangely.

I've read the comments of many hard-core skeptics over the years....between here and JREF....and have yet to see one of them (other than kit) take the "it's just fine to believe in Bigfoot" route....in total contradiction to their negative comments/attitude.

"Strange"....doesn't even begin to do that total contradiction justice.

From kit's last post...

You don't seem to be grasping what you're reading. I did not say Bigfoot existing would be absurd. Do I think Scott Herriott's beliefs are absurd? Not at all.

kit wrote:

It's an idea, a belief, that is becoming naturally more bizarre as each year carries on without something on a table...

Yup, folks....according to kitakaze...."Scott Herriot's beliefs are not at all absurd".....AND....Bigfoot's existence is "a belief that is becoming naturally more bizarre as each year carries on".

100% accurate quotes. Total contradiction. :)

kitakaze

Scott's belief is not absurd being based on what he experienced on a Klamath hillside in Northern California. He does not know how to reconcile what he saw with the natural world. He saw what he thought were eyes that for 10 mins did not blink. When he took a step towards them he said they dilated and gave off a bright red bioluminescent glow. He was adamant that this was not reflection and was in daytime. He told me the brightness was equal to that of an exit sign in a dark movie theatre. Scott thinks what he saw was highly bizarre and like nothing in the natural world...

In the center of this video from 1:42 you can see what could easily be interpreted as an eye (get excited now - what looks like sclera, pupil, and reflecting iris)...

Is that actually an eye? It's impossible to say. What could be interpreted as eyeshine in the pupil at the beginning from the 1:42 mark does not appear to be at the center of what would be the iris but rather the upper left of it. Is this pareidolia with light and shadow in the vegetation? Given that Scott said the eyes didn't blink for the ten minutes he was staring at them, I'd be inclined to think so, but then dilating and glowing, not reflecting, red? This is the kind of high strangeness that leads some people to have paranormal Bigfoot beliefs. For myself it becomes an interesting, very bizarre and totally inconclusive anecdote. It leads Scott to believe he saw something but he does not know the exact nature of what he saw. If you look at Daryl Owen's image enhancements, it becomes ultra bizarre what he thinks he's seeing and screaming of pareidolia when he's pointing to a leg, foot and toes up beside the head as if the creature was lying sideways in the brush...

bobsquatchklamath.jpg

What Scott does not believe or support is this...

http://penn.freeservers.com/bigfootmaps/BFSightingsNAT8.jpg

That shows North America covered in Bigfoot sightings and to believe that is a valid representation of the distribution of a flesh and blood species of giant bipedal primate and yet to have no type specimen is absurd and only gets more absurd with all the more sightings popping up everywhere and no body, hence the first and foremost of my signatures...

Bigfoot is everywhere, yet nowhere.

That is a very bizarre belief indeed and I'm pretty sure not one of the believer friends I have listed prescribes to such a belief. If they did I would have no problem telling them that is a ridiculous belief. Here's the thing though, who doesn't have a friend or person close to them that doesn't have an odd or even absurd belief? One of my closest lifelong friends seriously believes in deadly government conspiracy contrails being spread by airliners. Bigfoot living across North America undiscovered is nothing compared to that utter nonsense. We both know what we think of it and leave it at that.

Scott's belief is not bizarre because he's going by what he thinks he saw. What he thinks he saw is completely bizarre and I don't have an explanation for it, only suggestions. Did they see something in the dense brush that they could both interpret as eyes and get each other worked up? Certainly possible. There was something in the video that looks like a single eye, they were in a very heightened state of emotion and excitement, and they were there to look for Bigfoot. Does Bigfoot have bioluminescent eyes that don't blink for ten minutes? Again, a paranormal Bigfoot enthusiast would be on this like white on rice.

The point is I'm understanding of Scott's belief but do not share it. I don't react to it with intolerance and fundamentalism. I think what is suggested in the Mangani sightings map is absurd and so I should. The more time that goes by with Bigfoot being reported the way it is and no bodies turning up makes it harder and harder to support a flesh and blood creature which is why in 2014 you have so many people going one way to skepticism and still many others going into paranormal territory. It's a common element in Bigfootery. No, really, ask this guy about the Bigfoot teachers talking to him in his mind...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oPzTytILRFM/TnwUZn1e0NI/AAAAAAAAD7M/U4NhZEC4lOE/s1600/Thom+Cantrall.jpg 

Guest Stan Norton

I for one have never been able to see the eyes or toes referred to in that sequence. The one segment from the Herriot footage that gets me though is the purported large white figure shifting position behind a tree/bush: that there is something there seems to be pretty clear and it is very creepy. What it is who knows. I find Scott a perfectly believable witness and I have no doubt whatsoever that he and Daryl saw something very strange that day. Plus his film are **** funny...

kitakaze

Scott is the dude of dudes and very easily in the top five of coolest Bigfoot proponents ever. I have no doubt Scott is not making up his account. If you look at the 2:24 mark of Daryl Owen's video above, you can see what he's calling toes, but then it makes no sense whatsoever outside of pareidolia because wait, isn't the Bigfoot supposed to be standing and at some point swaying? Scott says it was six feet, Daryl said seven or eight, but by that image Daryl has the Bigfoot lying on its side in what would be the air.

Scott does an excellent job at representing proponents...

SweatyYeti

kitakaze wrote:

Scott's belief is not absurd being based on what he experienced....

Likewise....with many others.

kit wrote...with "respect and fondness" for other Bigfoot proponents...

kitkrap11_zps92e04ded.jpg

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/155-two-strong-reasons-to-consider-the-pgf-a-hoax/page-77

kit wrote:

Scott is the dude of dudes and very easily in the top five of coolest Bigfoot proponents ever.

Gee, COOL.....how about that Brian Gosselin....ain't he cool, too?! 

How about his beliefs...dude....are they absurd...and worthy of condescension and ridicule?? :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

kitakaze

I've read the comments of many hard-core skeptics over the years....between here and JREF....and have yet to see one of them (other than kit) take the "it's just fine to believe in Bigfoot" route....in total contradiction to their negative comments/attitude.

For years I've been telling folks here that if they read the accounts or have an experience they can't explain then I don't have a problem with them believing in bigfoot.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/33198-bigfoot-research-%E2%80%93-still-no-evidence-but-plenty-of-excuses-to-explain-why-there%E2%80%99s-no-evidence/page-57#entry663413

You believe in bigfoot because you are convinced you saw one. That's the best reason I can think of for believing in bigfoot, and I certainly can't fault for you drawing the conclusion that something you saw, exists.

kitakaze

Gee, COOL.....how about that Brian Gosselin....ain't he cool, too?! 

How about his beliefs...dude....are they absurd...and worthy of condescension and ridicule?? :)

Have a ridiculed Gosselin?

He claims to have seen Bigfoot. Just as I have said, just as Saskeptic said, how then can you fault such a person for believing in Bigfoot?

roguefooter

^It's easy to fault them all and make even Scott Harriot look like a buffoon for believing:

"Welcome to Bigfootery.."

The one stop, applies to all believers, comment. Rather than fault an individual for making a dumb comment, we'll just apply it to all and make them all look like idiots, right Kit?

"Only in Bigfootery.."

Scott Herriott, Henry May, Steven Streufert, John Cartwright, Bill Munns, Rictor Riolo, Cindy Bowers, Mike Rugg, Darren Lee, Masterbarber, wolftrax, rockinkt...

..Kitikaze enjoys making them all look like fools for believing.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

I would never call people that claim to have seen Bigfoot liars because they might have been tricked by someone, some do seem very honest.

But then there's some...