Discovery Channel Bigfoot Gait Analysis

kitakaze

^It's easy to fault them all and make even Scott Harriot look like a buffoon for believing:

"Welcome to Bigfootery.."

The one stop, applies to all believers, comment. Rather than fault an individual for making a dumb comment, we'll just apply it to all and make them all look like idiots, right Kit?

"Only in Bigfootery.."

Scott Herriott, Henry May, Steven Streufert, John Cartwright, Bill Munns, Rictor Riolo, Cindy Bowers, Mike Rugg, Darren Lee, Masterbarber, wolftrax, rockinkt...

..Kitikaze enjoys making them all look like fools for believing.

If I were to believe that all who believe in bigfoot are buffoons then I would have to think that I was a buffoon as well all the years that I believed. I'd never even had a sighting and I think my belief was perfectly reasonable based on the information I had at the time.

I have said over and over and over that I in no way think believing in Bigfoot equate naivete. I keep on and keep on and keep on writing that it's understandable why many people have this belief. To portray me as intending to make fools of other people interested in Bigfoot is very unfair and polar opposite to what I continually explain. It is as if the desire for enmity blinds you to what the person you are communicating with is actually saying.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/872-reasons-not-to-consider-the-pgf-a-hoax/page-8#entry13340

Belief in Bigfoot and Bigfootery are two different things. I spent my entire time as a proponent not participating in Bigfootery. Many who participate in Bigfootery are not believers but rather just more players in Woods & Wildmen adult roleplaying game. Bigfootery is full of such people and comedies year after year.

No, really...

bigfootfound.jpg

No, really...

HT_rick_dyer_bigfoot_inset_tk_140219_16x

No, really...

article-2441231-1872AEE200000578-556_306

No, really...

mathil10.jpg

No, really...

realbigfoot.jpg

No, really...

Bigmoney.jpg

That is not to say that Bigfootery does not have great things as well...

250px-MonsterTalkLogo.jpg

SweatyYeti

Have a ridiculed Gosselin?

He claims to have seen Bigfoot. 

I'm not sure, dude....is Brian included in this 'broad sweeping judgement' of yours??...

The only actual fact in Bigfootery is that a dwindling subculture of people still in the 21st century believe that North America is populated by forest hairy apemen. Why do we seriously continue doing this in 2013?

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/30016-kitakazes-patty-suit-bombshell/page-141

Is he?

kitakaze wrote:

Just as I have said, just as Saskeptic said, how then can you fault such a person for believing in Bigfoot?

I know, kit.....how can you fault someone for believing in Bigfoot....while you ask why we seriously continue to believe, in 2013.....and beyond? 

So....which is it, in Brian's case....should we ridicule him, for "continuing to believe in 2014"....or, do we give him a 'thumb's up'..."who can blame him"..."it's just fine", for his belief???   :popcorn:

Edited to add...from the same page I linked-to in this post....kitakaze wrote:

You will forever be confronted with a 21st century society that no longer invests in gobbledy-goop folklore. 

At the top of this page...kit wrote:

I think my belief (in Bigfoot) was perfectly reasonable based on the information I had at the time.

kit isn't sitting "on the fence" regarding Bigfoot....he's sitting firmly on both sides of it... :huh: 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

roguefooter

Belief in Bigfoot and Bigfootery are two different things. I spent my entire time as a proponent not participating in Bigfootery. Many who participate in Bigfootery are not believers but rather just more players in Woods & Wildmen adult roleplaying game. Bigfootery is full of such people and comedies year after year.

No, really...

Now you're making up your own definitions for things to try and explain it away- how awesome. Yet you make NO distinction when you paint everybody with a wide brush. Accompanied with the mocking attitude explains all that anyone needs to know.

"Welcome to Bigfootery" and "Only in Bigfootery.." are pretty cut and dry. Now you're trying to claim that it means "Welcome to Bigfootery, excluding Belief in Bigfoot.."??

Lol, come on man give me a break.

I'll never understand why some people just can't man up to their own garbage that they spew.

kitakaze

I'm referencing the ongoing comedy that is a regular occurrence in Bigfootery. See examples above. I am equal opportunist for that comedy...

..Kitikaze enjoys making them all look like fools for believing.

It does not work that way. Real animals do not live across North America and come into our neighbourhoods and yet defy being a classified species. That's when you have a good chunk of believers who are not ready to stop believing and then say screw it, Bigfoot's not a normal animal and that's why we can't identify it like other real species. Or they become Bigfoot skeptics similar to me. Bigfoot skeptics are every bit as weird as the weirdest Bigfoot believer. It takes a special kind of something to post over 10,000 times about something you do not believe in. 

So what's the deal with skeptics?

We're weird too.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/49020-whats-the-deal-with-skeptics/page-4 

Feeling indignant?

2vi4g79.jpg

SweatyYeti

Now you're making up your own definitions for things to try and explain it away- how awesome. Yet you make NO distinction when you paint everybody with a wide brush. Accompanied with the mocking attitude explains all that anyone needs to know.

"Welcome to Bigfootery" and "Only in Bigfootery.." are pretty cut and dry. Now you're trying to claim that it means "Welcome to Bigfootery, excluding Belief in Bigfoot.."??

Lol, come on man give me a break.

I'll never understand why some people just can't man up to their own garbage that they spew.

It's a tangled web of contradictions, Rogue, that kit is trying to extract himself from. :)  

The way he is trying to do it, is very interesting....and clever. To explain....kit's contradictions are, for the most part, statements worded in 'generalities'. Here is one example...

1) "Believing in Bigfoot is fine."

2) " It's an idea, a belief, that is becoming naturally more bizarre as each year carries on..."

Kit then attempts to "fix" the contradiction by offering explanations worded in 'specifics'.  

Here is one example where kit does exactly that....first he agrees with one of his 'generalities'...(Bigfoot is absurd).....and then he follows it up with 'specifics'...(where he can "explain the individual exceptions" to his generalities)...

Yep, I think Bigfoot existing as described across North America is absurd in the 21st century without a body. I have many friends in this community who feel differently and they all have perfectly valid reasons different from mine. There are a great many types of belief in Bigfoot, including beliefs that finding a Bigfoot body is not possible because Bigfoot is not a normal animal as we know it.

Scott Herriott, Henry May, Steven Streufert, John Cartwright, Bill Munns, Rictor Riolo, Cindy Bowers, Mike Rugg, Darren Lee, Masterbarber, wolftrax, rockinkt...

All people whom whether they believe in Patty or Bigfoot in general, I support them and have no desire to change their beliefs. 

The words I highlighted in bold contain two examples of 'specifics'.....some 'particular individuals'...and certain "types of belief".

I have noticed this pattern in kit's attempts at 'squaring-away' contradictions, over the last few years. He makes generalized statements which contradict each other.....and when 'called' on the contradictions....he switches to talking about 'specific examples' of individual people...or, other types of specifics.

kitakaze

If I am dismissive, scoff at, and object to anyone purely on the basis of belief in Bigfoot then why do I...

1 - ...have so many believer friends and proponents whom I am supportive and appreciative of?

2 - ...not think I was deluded when I myself believed so long in Bigfoot?

kitakaze

Oh no, welcome to Bigfootery is welcome to the gong show and that gong show certainly includes absurd beliefs regarding Bigfoot. You know, like Bigfoot across the continent. Do you think that is part of the gong show as well or do we not understand that in the same terms. Oh wait, yes we do...

Do you get a lot of evidence and proof while you're out? Seen a lot tangible evidence on the forum?

Both of these questions lean heavily in favor of the skeptical viewpoint, because evidence for any other creature in this country is fairly easily obtainable. Either there aren't as many Bigfoot as people are claiming, which in turn would render a lot of the sightings as being bogus, or Bigfoot is really some kind of super being who was never issued a cape.

(snip)

Sure would be interested in hearing about what you have experience while trying to actually learn something about the subject of this forum.

That's simple. I've experienced absolutely nothing. I've been to so-called 'hot-spots' and experienced a lot of nothing. I've lived in California, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and now Oregon- all states where there are supposed to be many and yet have seen none. I live on a mountainside where I see wildlife daily- jack rabbits, raccoons, coyotes, deer (you know, squatch food), and no signs of Bigfoot. I've heard Ravens mimicking other animals, Ravens throwing rocks and clacking them together. I've seen hikers making structures. I've seen Boy Scouts piling rocks and breaking branches. So far no Bigfoot doing any of it.

What I'm learning on this forum is that it's really easy to tell fake stories because there is no accountability for any of it. I could take a picture of a blob a mile away, call it a Bigfoot, and people will accept it as evidence. It's that simple. I could tell a story with lots of details throw in, get myself to tremble and get teary eyed and people will call it 'compelling'. I could act offended over any question or request, and people will do their best to attack the arguer and cloud the discussion.

Distortion, absurdity, nonsense- you said it. I would think that with so many people claiming to have encounters that the potential for more evidence to show up would be greater. But the only thing that has increased is the amount of resistance to questions, defensive postures, undisclosed locations, and just plain silly excuses like Bigfoot's ability to avoid cameras. At some point anybody with any rational thought will consider the alternative explanations. 

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/46430-attention-grabbing/page-7#entry825170

Sweet mother, what are you? Some fashion of what... like.. like... a rogue footer?

Do they know you're in here? How did you get out? Is it a full moon? Are you a were-skoftic? You're firing off "absurdity" and "nonsense" at believers like you were born to it.

Wait, is it possible that you acknowledge the gong show yet also that there are also people who legitimately have had experiences that make them believe in Bigfoot? Did Sakeptic or I give you some Sith cooties you've been hiding to go vent on the faithful when we're not looking?

Roguefooter, you've turned!

tumblr_inline_n8lo2mrqkx1rbt4gq.gif

Get some contacts and stash the red lightsaber, man! Don't let them see you've doffed the same black hat you're handing me. Quick, cite some cases where you support believers and everything will be OK. 

roguefooter

^Are you confused with fence sitting Kit? Confused that a person could be both optimistic and skeptical, being able to view things in more than one perspective? There has never been a change in my stance, and it remains the same today. Those posts you referenced reflect honest debate- addressing specific ideologies within the field that I see as a problem, especially on specific forums.

You see, I'm well aware that there are different ideologies within the field. I'm not lumping everything into a ball called "Bigfootery" and making a constant mockery of it. Meanwhile never making any distinctions within the field, just taking that brush and sweeping right across the whole thing accompanied by demeaning gifs and taglines.

Can you explain why something can be "Only in Bigfootery"? What is it about 'Bigfootery' that validates the exclusive ownership for every act of idiocy that you come across?

Edited by roguefooter

SweatyYeti

If I am dismissive, scoff at, and object to anyone purely on the basis of belief in Bigfoot then why do I...

1 - ...have so many believer friends and proponents whom I am supportive and appreciative of?

Beats me....why do you contradict yourself so often, on this subject?????  :)

Btw, you failed to answer this question of mine...(responding to your question..."Have a ridiculed Gosselin?")...

"Is Brian included in this 'broad sweeping judgement' of yours??"...

The only actual fact in Bigfootery is that a dwindling subculture of people still in the 21st century believe that North America is populated by forest hairy apemen. Why do we seriously continue doing this in 2013?

Is he? 

As I also wrote last night....."Which is it, in Brian's case....should we ridicule him, for "continuing to believe in 2014"....or, do we give him a 'thumb's up'..."who can blame him"..."it's just fine", for his belief???"   :popcorn:

roguefooter

You're firing off "absurdity" and "nonsense" at believers like you were born to it.

Um no, those were Branco's accusations. Did you even read the thread or just decide to take it out of context in your rush to deflect?

I was stating that those things also exist on the other side of the fence. Leveling the playfield when it applies- there's nothing malicious or mocking about it.

SweatyYeti

^Are you confused with fence sitting Kit? Confused that a person could be both optimistic and skeptical, being able to view things in more than one perspective? There has never been a change in my stance, and it remains the same today. Those posts you referenced reflect honest debate- addressing specific ideologies within the field that I see as a problem, especially on specific forums.

You see, I'm well aware that there are different ideologies within the field. I'm not lumping everything into a ball called "Bigfootery" and making a constant mockery of it. Meanwhile never making any distinctions within the field, just taking that brush and sweeping right across the whole thing accompanied by demeaning gifs and taglines.

Can you explain why something can be "Only in Bigfootery"? What is it about 'Bigfootery' that validates the exclusive ownership for every act of idiocy that you come across?

In your post kitakaze quoted/linked-to, rogue....it sounds like true skepticism, on your part....as opposed to the extreme form of it....'scofticism'. 

I can understand people being skeptical....it is a 'TALL order" to ask of people...to accept the existence of an entire population of Sasquatches all around us....without any 'hard proof' of it, as of yet. :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc

I should have known when this thread started initially, the first couple posts made it clear it was just a thread devoted to the hatred of Dr. Jeff Meldrum.

In not time at all the thread has become a bit like a 'no pest strip' with just about anything sticking to it.

So we apparently are supposed to be talking about the gait of patty and the gait analysis of Patty.

After having virtually none of this, we are not at a point where we have:

Freezer Bigfoot, Matilda, and an appearance of Debbie Downer.

I guess if you throw enough against the wall, something has to stick.

Backdoc

SweatyYeti

After having virtually none of this, we are now at a point where we have:

Freezer Bigfoot, Matilda, and an appearance of Debbie Downer.

I guess if you throw enough against the wall, something has to stick.

Backdoc

Well, Doc...since Bill's book has come out....kitakaze has been throwing everything he can find at the PGF...in trying to kill interest in it.

He's re-posted almost everything he's got, over the last few months. The good news is, at least...kit has found a re-newed interest in one of the things he really LOVES.....Bigfoot.  :)

Backdoc

^^

Too funny.   

Backdoc

kitakaze

^Are you confused with fence sitting Kit? Confused that a person could be both optimistic and skeptical, being able to view things in more than one perspective? 

Bigfoot: Fence Sitting vs Good Skepticism - Big Difference?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56427

Welcome to Bigfootery is welcome to the gong show. The gong show has regular comedy and absurdity. It's full of characters good and bad. I regularly point out both.