Cotter

Monroe Monster

Between the creature and the tepee, you'll see the diagonal tree .... a second subject looking like Chewbacca can be seen hidden behind the leaves and branches. Draw a straight line from the tree peeker to the diagonal tree and that where the second subject was hidden.

Somebody did a great job of enlarging the photos on that particular site, and it shows a close -up not posted here ...

1980squatch

My thoughts are, that is a pretty patch of forest.  I'm going to miss summer...

I'm from Monroe MI!  But the photo is from up north, right?

Teegunn

Looks like stump-squatch to me.  There are several areas around tree's I the pic that have the same coloring as the "chewbaca" looking thing.  I think this looks stumpy for lack of a better word.

1980Squatch - That was taken in July in Southeastern Michigan .... About 50 miles or so northwest of Monroe. A similar one was sighted in Huron Twp, Wayne County just over the north Monroe County line within the past two years as far as I know.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Hello ItsAsquatch - Have you heard of any activity down that way? I am aware of some brief sightings along I-75, and a few out in the far stretches of county. I agree, the city has grown exponentially over the years since the 1965 Monroe Monster incident.

1980squatch

I've not lived there full time since the 80s...  only visit once or twice a year...

Airdale

I snipped this out of the original, ran it through PhotoZoom Classic 5 using the S-Spline XL resize algorithm, then applied an unsharp mask in Serif PhotoPlus X7 and exported both 24 bit color and an 8 bit gray scale jpg's. If I had to call it, I'd say Lee Majors as Steve Austin (aka The Six Million Dollar Man) as he appeared about 40 years ago, with about a five day beard.

post-22377-0-42791200-1414126458_thumb.j                post-22377-0-05619200-1414126500_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

The photo on the right is too dark, what do you think about it?

Edited by Gumshoeye

Airdale

I didn't alter exposure, brightness or contrast, simply selected gray scale from the options in the export dialog box.

roguefooter

It's not really worth much without comparative photos.