Possible Bigfoot Log Shelter Found

georgerm

I would say it is probably a survival shelter someone made like on the survival shows.  I have made some similar just for practice and kicks.  The less excess space the better as it would be less visible, less work to put together than making a bigger one, and less space to heat with your own body heat.

Go to minute 4 to see some kind of stick structure.

The structure I showed may be for a human, but there is no water nor a great camping spot. If for a human, then a large 15' x 20' tarp would cover it. This size tarp is too large for a highway transient to be packing.  

If for bigfoot to hunt deer during the winter months then it might work fine. The deer move out of the mountains since this site is about 500' above sea level. The entrance faces to the southwest where our prevailing winds are coming from during fall and winter. The winds would blow BF's scent to the northeast and away from the prey. Some of the logs were long and heavy looking but a strong outdoors man could handle the construction along with biggie.

• 2 weeks later...

I found something similar in the Oregon Coast Range maybe 20 years ago.  I walked back in there many times.  I sat above it just watching.  Of course there wasn't anything going on.  Then one winter it collapsed.  It took me the longest time to think about what it was .... certainly not a human hunting blind.  Trees too big etc. for human construction unless several people were involved.

{Speculation}:  Then it hit me one day when I was walking along a park in the summer time.  A young woman was putting up some kind of easy-up tent with a floor to sit in with her baby .... I instantly thought of the structure I found and knew it was a birthing place ... probably used once and abandoned ... Joe Beelart, West Linn, Oregon 

Amazingly, I found a "playground" high up the Clackamas .... wonderfully cleared ground behind a big blow down facing west ... perfect for a little guy or gal to play on and get warm while .... they were still little !

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

From the best video I found on the subject, can't locate it now, Bigfoot twist branches off so look for radial twists, not clean breaks.

Hello Joe: I guess we need to look closer to see if BF hairs are caught on the bark. If my structure is for BF, then hairs should be present. The other choice is for a human camper to put a large tarp over the structure but the location is not good for a human.

Cryptic: The logs were picked up wind breaks found lying around. No fresh push over and breaks or twists.

BFF Patron

I found something similar in the Oregon Coast Range maybe 20 years ago.  I walked back in there many times.  I sat above it just watching.  Of course there wasn't anything going on.  Then one winter it collapsed.  It took me the longest time to think about what it was .... certainly not a human hunting blind.  Trees too big etc. for human construction unless several people were involved.

{Speculation}:  Then it hit me one day when I was walking along a park in the summer time.  A young woman was putting up some kind of easy-up tent with a floor to sit in with her baby .... I instantly thought of the structure I found and knew it was a birthing place ... probably used once and abandoned ... Joe Beelart, West Linn, Oregon 

Amazingly, I found a "playground" high up the Clackamas .... wonderfully cleared ground behind a big blow down facing west ... perfect for a little guy or gal to play on and get warm while .... they were still little !

Go to minute 4 to see some kind of stick structure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncybFVyj9wk&list=PLPBroan0R1n_3Q-bapCAfrfuklqw8pKUK

The structure I showed may be for a human, but there is no water nor a great camping spot. If for a human, then a large 15' x 20' tarp would cover it. This size tarp is too large for a highway transient to be packing.  

If for bigfoot to hunt deer during the winter months then it might work fine. The deer move out of the mountains since this site is about 500' above sea level. The entrance faces to the southwest where our prevailing winds are coming from during fall and winter. The winds would blow BF's scent to the northeast and away from the prey. Some of the logs were long and heavy looking but a strong outdoors man could handle the construction along with biggie.

Looking at the structure on the video what struck me immediately was that it is nothing like anything I have seen made by humans. The second thought I had was that such a structure, no matter what the intended use, looks so much like clear cut slash stacks, that if BF made one in a clear cut area among the slash stacks, we would probably not even notice it. Close examinations shows the difference but a cursory glance would probably not even notice a difference. Birthing place would be a good guess or perhaps a nursery where Mom could stash a juvenile while she leaves for a while to forage or get water. The door and thick walls of the structure would keep out most predators. Maybe not bears but most other things. Also it looks like it would be capable of supporting snow load, so in heavy winter snows the thick vegetation walls would provide support and insulation from a layer of snow. That would be a very comfortable shelter for a human in winter snows.