Stillwater And Tennessee Trackers Field Notes

I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in some of the field work we've been working on. Just in case, here's a photo of a track that comes from a site down in Tennessee we've been investigating.  

post-24191-0-21761800-1416202044_thumb.j

Guest lightheart

Stillwater, I thought your post of do's and don't s was very insightful on the other thread. I have drawn some of the same conclusions during the past year. I hope you continue to post your findings.

YAY!  Field work in Tennessee! I am most definitely interested. I am in East TN. Can you at least tell me if you are in Middle or East? (Don't think there's too much chance you are in West TN, but I could be wrong).

Were you able to cast the track?

Lightheart: Thanks! I just hope people don't go blindly into the field with total disregard for their own safety or their partners safety. People that think that all sasquatch's have friendly personalities are sadly mistaken. Every species of animals or even humans have different personalities. Just for example, we all have witnessed different personalities in canines. One dog can act very timid, another seems happy and another might have aggressive tendencies. Why do some people think Bigfoot's are any different? Not to mention every species of animals and humans have a certain percentage that suffer from mental illness. Common sense and safety first is all I'm getting at with dealing with these creatures.

Chelefoot: Site is in Western Tennessee. We weren't able to obtain track cast because of the terrain surrounding the track. Not a good location to keep your balance. Safety first! Lol!

We came down to Tennessee out of our home area for 3 reasons. One, for a long time we have wanted to compare physical findings in our home area versus other areas. Secondly, we have always want see if there are any differences in their behavior patterns, one region versus another. Last of all, our subject back at our site area in our home area had became a little agitated with us on one of our night outings. So we regrouped and gave our friend at site #2 time to calm down. We mapped out 3 locations in a straight pattern starting in Tennessee and then we worked our way back across the state line into Kentucky. We were very successful not only on our field trip to Tennessee, but our friend back home at site #2 has calmed down.

Info from our Tennessee/Kentucky field work:

Tennessee site: Tracks, trails, a fence where our bipedal friend tore the fence sideways to gain access to a specific area and deer bones that had been broken and split to gain access to the marrow.

Kentucky site #1: Tracks, trails, a vocal response call back from a long distance away, and a vocal response (2 syllables) to Tennessee Tracker's call that was pretty up close.

Kentucky site #2: Very nice example of a tree twist.

We have learned through our trip to Tennessee that evidence in our home area is a little harder to come by than in other areas. Also evidence gathered on our Tennessee trip was helpful in identifying and ruling out certain things in our own home area.

I knew as soon as I said "Probably not West TN" you would say "West TN"  :)

So happy to see some news coming out of any part of TN!

It's TRUE 1980.  They look like and feel like 2 entirely different states. I haven't lost a thing in West TN.

Now if I could go there and see a BF... sure, I would go!

Hello Stillwater1967 – Welcome aboard! I cannot say if it was Southern charm or the majestic beauty of the place, but we spent a week in "Wild flower Wilderness" mountain resort in East Tennessee a day after I retired. I needed to decompress and there wasn’t a better place to do it, and quite frankly, the southern hospitality couldn’t have been more gracious.  I don't indulge much but I couldn't pass up a taste of that fruit flavored shine and a pinch of those hoe cakes, southern hospitality at its finest!

It was located inside the Great Smokey Mountains near the little Pigeon River in Sevierville County. Somewhere way up high on the thick wooded ridge of the Tennessee Appalachian Mountains is where I met and spoke to “Cuz,†a self-proclaimed Appalachian back woods hillbilly who was also an accomplished musician of his Country Blue Grass music group. With his Cornbread yellow hair and black eye peas for eyes, Cuz Headrick, and his Mountain Grass Gumbo featuring Mojo Al and Gary More on the old stand up German bass guitar made one of the greatest troubadours of Country ballads and story- telling I ever witnessed. It was a real cracker barrel symposium you might say.  I can never resist an opportunity to chat and share stories either.

As a passionate enthusiast of early American history I hold a lot of respect for the Kentucky / Tennessee volunteers of yesteryear who in 1812, left their homes and families by the hundreds on their journey north to my hometown in Michigan. There they took a stand and died heroes in death for this new country.

Forever indebted to the ol’ boys of Kentucky and Tennessee past and present …..  to this very day there are still a few old stone markers that still remain in Monroe, Michigan.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Chelefoot: Zoom in on the picture of the track and look directly below the 2nd and 3rd toe to the right. Does that look like a knuckle print of a little one?

I will definitely post more photographs from the Tennessee site this weekend. I'll have more time then. My job gets in the way of the important things in life. Lol! Business to wrap up in Athens and Cleveland Tennessee first before fun. Tennessee Tracker and I are going through all of the photographs right now deciding which ones we can post without compromising the sites integrity and the sites location. Thanks and hopefully it will be worth the wait for all those that are interested.

Chelefoot: Zoom in on the picture of the track and look directly below the 2nd and 3rd toe to the right. Does that look like a knuckle print of a little one?

Are you talking about this?

post-18321-0-59601400-1416427215.jpg

I can't tell. It does look like it is a print of something.  

Chelefoot: Yes.

It sure looks like a print within a print to me. Just wanted a 2nd opinion. :) Location of the print was a muddy large depression in the ground and something had a lot of fun wallowing around in it. Btw, I agree Eastern Tennessee is more beautiful, but Western Tennessee has some pretty awesome hotspots. It's worth the drive to no man's land. Lol!

I sure enjoy reports from those out in the field.

With some really cool pics and measurements I might add.

Keep them coming Stilwater1967. They are very much appreciated and welcomed by myself and others.