TedSallis

The Hall Of Hoaxes

TedSallis

The dumb and dumber hoax with guitar salesman John Stoneman and councilor Gary McTeague is a good one for your list Ted.

Can you post a link to that story, please?

chelefoot

She did TedS. - It had to be approved first (per New Member status).

TedSallis

Thanks, I see it now! :)

Edited by chelefoot
Removed quote of previous post

The entire story started on a news blog called Bradford Today that is run by John Stoneman. There was a ranger and a woodsman that seen the root ball, filmed it, then noticed a few days later that John Stoneman had cut off the tree and flopped the bigfoot looking root back into the hole. A few days later Stoneman claimed it could not be a root because it's gone!

TedSallis

The Freeman footage

There's a lot of debate about that footage, though, right?  It's not something the community is largely of one mind on, correct?

OntarioSquatch

Yes. I think a lot of people consider it to be the real deal, even though there isn't anything in it that indicates it is. The way it just walks out in front of him is a red flag. So are the faked footprints that lead up to the sighting. Another thing is that Paul Freeman was terrified of Bigfoot. When that Bigfoot steps out, he sounds all calm and relaxed. If it was a real Bigfoot, Freeman would have been running for his life.

I can't say if Freeman is real or not if I'm to keep my mind open. So many times people say something is fake because of this or that then somebody else points out that they were wrong about this or that so it could be real. Example: Patterson Film thought by many as fake because of Bob Heironimus's testimony. They totally wright it off and don't want to talk about it but come to find out there's more to it than just the Bob Heironimus side.

Djj

In more recent times we had the 'Daisy is in the box' fiasco. This hoax was pretty original and convoluted in its execution.

No props or faked pics. Just a clever back story which folks so wanted to believe.

that's what piqued me to look into bigfoot again.