Finding Bigfoot

BFF Patron

Hot off the airways last night. The 2015 season of Finding Bigfoot starts May 31, 2015 on Animal Planet Network. Check your local listings for times. They have practiced their whoops, calls, and knocks and will be better than last year. They also have practiced "You hear that?" and can say it in 10 languages.

Guest ewashguy56

I will watch it as I do find it entertaining. May be interesting to see if they change their MO,  or tweak it a bit, but probably not, but one can hope.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest insanity42

Was watching he Atomic Bigfoot episode which I believe was an advanced online episode earlier, but was broadcasted on Animal Planet recently.

Bobo made a comment that it was documented in India that baboons steal puppies to raise them as pets to help protect the troop.

Thought I'd do a little investigation to see if that was the case and found that for another reason, someone else already had a few years ago.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201112/scientific-mystery-do-wild-baboons-kidnap-puppies-pets

Currently, there is no actual documentation, just the word of a narrator on a video clip, and authorities who are familiar with the particular group of baboons are skeptical of the relationship.

I will see if there is anything more recent.

Guest ewashguy56

I'm interested to see if the format is the same or if they change it up a bit.

Personally I don't expect any changes. I know the show tomorrow is about trying to find some kind of ape like BF in the Amazon. I am really not all that enthused about this episode. Would prefer they stay in the U.S. and go back again to places with recent sightings or howls heard or whatnot.

Those international escapades have been a bit hard on Bobo; first he got sliced in the ankle by the boomerang in Oz, and as I recall that was still bothering him in Nepal where he also was laid low by a pretty severe G.I. tract reaction to the local cuisine. Hopefully he made it through the Amazon adventure without further injury or malady (he should probably stick to MRE's when abroad).

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

What relevance to the existence of BF does an ape in the Amazon have?     Not a whole lot.   

• Upvote 1

I think it would be interesting to have the team investigate classic Bigfoot incidents (or alleged incidents, if you prefer) such as the siege at Honobia or the Ape Canyon episode.  I know they've done the Patterson Gimlim film as well as the Boggy Creek episode, but I would like them to do more.  I guess that sounds a bit like the "Cold Case Cryptids" show, but the focus would be totally on BF here.   Again, I don't want to see every episode do this, but for variety it might be nice.  Doubt they will because historical investigation doesn't leave as much time for the night time antics, and it's very unlikely to see the same BF hanging around after all that time (decades, in some cases).

BFF Patron

Hot off the airways last night. The 2015 season of Finding Bigfoot starts May 31, 2015 on Animal Planet Network. Check your local listings for times. They have practiced their whoops, calls, and knocks and will be better than last year. They also have practiced "You hear that?" and can say it in 10 languages.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass.  

Admin

Glad to see the show was picked-up again. It does raise interest in the subject matter even if it's silly.

Hope they've made progress and updated the format....  but I won't hold my breath.

BFF Patron

The fact that some of the cast want a spin off at the end of this last season indicates to me that they are unhappy with the format.    Perhaps the spinoff will revamp the format and provide something different.    At this point the purpose of the show seems to be paid tourism travel for cast and crew.  

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

What relevance to the existence of BF does an ape in the Amazon have?     Not a whole lot.   

None except to extend the casts bucket lists of continental conquests on their meal ticket. 

BFF Patron

Watched part of it last night.   They were lucky that someone did not get bit by something venomous blundering around in the Amazon Jungle in the dark.   MM wanted the guide to poke at one of the most venomous and aggressive snakes  on the planet with a stick.   The guide refused.       Noticed that their thermal cameras were pretty much useless.    Heat and humidity at night makes little contrast between warm blooded creatures and the rest of the environment.    Contrast is how thermal cameras work. 

• Upvote 1

I enjoy the show myself, so do my girls. Though I find Moneymaker hard to take at times. Just something about him or how he is portrayed on the show makes him seem a little goofy. Love for them to come back to Canada. I mean they have gone to UK and yet only one trip to the Great White North. It saddens me, being from Canada.