Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Todd Standing Hoaxing? Is Blinky Todd Standing? - New Pics/dna Results

Arvedis
On 11/23/2014 at 6:48 PM, bipedalist said:

If you saw him in Ocean Shores, you would know all he did was layer it on, talk fast, move fast, and attach a couple of PhD's to his modus operandi.  

I hate to admit it but he is actually is the most influential bigfoooter of this era. Who gets 2 million hits and warm feedback from the top academics paying any attention to research?  It's not all hits with good feedback since it is Todd but he seems to keep drawing in new people who are listening to his message. His movie does positive rental sales on amazon as well so he has a cash flow from that and YT.  I wonder if he rents or owns that cool looking wilderness ride?

In another clip (not this one) he tries to explain the blinky head by using pine needle lengths. Really strange.

bipedalist

Yep the whole notion now of BF is any rant, hoax, sighting, video analysis  is a prop for more hits on your website.   There is no standard or method to determine legitimacy because by the time the analysis is done thousands of converts are doing the chicken little thingy. 

The notion of BF being taken as a joke is not as high as BF being taken as open-season, equal opportunity carnival because anything posted will have some following and be claimed as legitimate or evidence for a multitude of positions or theories. 

We promote Standing by continuing to re-post his well-earned position in the BF Hall of Shame even. 

• Upvote 1

Arvedis
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

We promote Standing by continuing to re-post his well-earned position in the BF Hall of Shame even. 

I certainly don't intend to promote his work. I find him to be a curiosity and i like the informed input of this forum. At least most of the time.

I admit to being frustrated by the nagging gaps in proving the hoaxes across the board. In another thread of equal shame is the Sasquatch Ontario issue. What sort of person would invest their time in making one guy feel foolish? Don't people have jobs and responsibilities? How about going to the gym or finding something productive to do? Someone with no life direction actually feels it necessary to manufacture Bigfoot hoaxes and then other people with no life direction spend their time creating videos to shed light on the hoaxes.

With Todd, everyone knows the Blinky image is suspicious for any number of reasons but think of the time it would take to create a prosthetic for a simple clip and 2 million hits over 2 years and getting affirmation from Meldrum.

I'm vexed in certain areas of the hoaxing conundrum. For others it is easier to dismiss but I see holes that cannot be easily explained.

Edited by Arvedis

bipedalist
Posted (edited)

^^^  This is the reason there is an undersupply of psychologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.  There is a huge need out there.  

Self-aggrandizement or the perception of that is a powerful human motivator or drive.   The narcissistic personality disorder goes hand in hand with the below.

Many of these individuals are borderline personality disorders at best.  As we are really not encouraged to pathologize or use such a mode of describing people on this forum (especially members) I will leave it up to the individual members to figure out the DSM-V nature of things. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Arvedis

I will add to that theory of mental health that something is triggering the problems in these individuals. Why not self aggrandize about something else? Why focus on a disgusting creature? Nothing else in their life involves an attachment to horror or unexplained themes. They weren't chasing UFO theories and pivoted to Bigfoot. It's all Bigfoot, all the time. I find that to be really odd.

bipedalist

^^^  The deep dark woods and monsters have usurped the human consciousness for eons. 

It hits hard at the id impulses so to speak.  

The ego of some of these hoaxer characters finds easy marks among the groupies.   

Some factions of bigfootery also have almost a cultish quality about them.    Cliques for sure. 

Jungians could take this into deeper turf I'm sure.   The collective unconscious and all that. 

Arvedis
Posted (edited)

Yea, probably good thesis material for a psychologist.

I am on a lot of BF ists and groups so I see Todd has been active again. Surely, he is looking follow up and keep his cash steam alive after a successful film. This time he has a female model accompany him, who is really athletic. Todd is deceptively athletic as well which enables him to pull off these deep wilderness excursions. He is a graybeard now but still moves pretty fluid ike a 30 year old. That's about all the credit I can give him.

Edited by Arvedis

Sign in to follow this