Todd Standing Hoaxing? Is Blinky Todd Standing? - New Pics/dna Results

To clarify about the name "Sylvanic", I'm pretty sure I heard Standing say that he made that word up.  In either the TV show with Stroud or the first radio show with Meldrum he mentions how he came up with the word Sylvanic.  I am pretty sure it was the radio show with Meldrum. 

I'm in no way taking up for Standing, but just wanted to clarify this.  I've read and heard many people over the years say he is lying because there isn't even a place called Sylvanic, etc, etc.  In the video above, Steve asks what are the odds of him making a movie called Sylvanic and then finding bigfoot in a place called Sylvanic, but that's just a name Standing made up.

1980squatch

Well done!!  And very well done with multiple forks stuck in.  It is interesting, these images have been out for years but with Standing not seen as a real player until now this level of debunking was not bothered with.  He likely figured that these images were "safe" at this point (one could claim hoax or real but no proof for either).  However with the alliances of Les and especially Meldrum in place the community just could not stand it and within a few days these vids and pics are in the ash pile.

Meldrum is not coming out the same after this...

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Any place where discovery of large amounts of trees present in N. America could easily have been referred to with a

sylvan root:    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sylvan

Gov. Penn's woods=Pennsylvania,  Spots-sylvania county (Gov. Spotswood's woods), VA.  

Transylvania Co. NC (across, beyond or through the woods of NC and KY) and also a state proposed by Boone or KY explorers

In other words it would have been a likely word to have been used where logging and virgin forest was present at any time in the past.  

Standing referred to First Nations using the word and I have no reference for that. 

How this fits in with Canada and their history I haven't a clue.  

Edited by bipedalist

He retroactively dismissed the criticism of the hokey name by explaining that the natives had a name for the place that sounded similar to the word Sylvanic, so that's what he decided to call it. I think it's a load of BS.

This guy seriously creeps me out, even if he does have some real experience. JMO.

salubrious

Here is another animation...combining two images I've found in Todd's videos....showing the PuppetSquatch in two positions behind the tree branch...(looking as if it's coming-in for a landing)...

The 'combination' image...

Here is a link to the first animation I made from these two images, and posted in Post #123...(showing how precisely the face matches-up with itself, in both images)...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/SweatyYeti/Fun2/Sylly-vanicAG9_zps08432cc1.gif

What I find interesting...and amazing beyond words currently available.....is that, Todd claims he traveled deep into a remote area....(where few have ever been)....came upon a Sasquatch family's domicile, and got high-resolution video footage of them from almost directly in front of their faces....yet, the creature, as seen here....doesn't even turn it's head to look at Todd. :wacko: 

The snow does not move but the focus and camera angle does.

Seems to me this has been thoroughly debunked at this point. What now? Has any of this been sent to Meldrum for comment? Could it simply be that they are that gullible?

1980squatch

^^^^ He has seen some of this.  SweatyYeti, have you forwarded that combo pic?  Hope he does not try to dance around that one...

^^ I think it's going to take more than chatter on an Internet forum to get to Meldrum. Surely he can't be pleased with these gif revelations but keep in mind that he has actually been out in THE FIELD with the Toddster.

And that experience has influenced him to such an extant that he now finds himself collaborating with Todd.

Just take a listen to their radio show...

Not to pile on, this could be old news, and it could just be my imagination; but I just watched the clip from Les Stroud on YouTube regarding Standings videos and made these observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMa58zO8gs#t=19

To me it looks as though the head used in this video has a very flat appearance, like someone smashed the face in with a skillet. Very much like a mask of some sort. While still somewhat three dimensional, it doesn't appear to have the proportions of a real head giving it a more two dimensional feel. Additionally, since it bobs around a bit, it looks to me like the head is on a stick. I have drawn a crude illustration of what I feel it looks like in profile.

post-3145-0-01355900-1397866509_thumb.jp

^^ I think it's going to take more than chatter on an Internet forum to get to Meldrum. Surely he can't be pleased with these gif revelations but keep in mind that he has actually been out in THE FIELD with the Toddster.

And that experience has influenced him to such an extant that he now finds himself collaborating with Todd.

Just take a listen to their radio show...

I did a Google Search for "Todd Standing". All I see is words of fake, hoax, busted, etc. Todd's name is getting severely stained. From what I see on Google, I would automatically conclude that he is a liar. I surely would not want my name associated with this clown. I would never get a job as my name would get stained as well. Kind of like of being known by the FBI of having ties to known Terrorist. Meldrum will be judged as well. Probably no more Cable TV shows as his creditably will be questioned.

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Not to pile on, this could be old news, and it could just be my imagination; but I just watched the clip from Les Stroud on YouTube regarding Standings videos and made these observations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMa58zO8gs#t=19

To me it looks as though the head used in this video has a very flat appearance, like someone smashed the face in with a skillet. Very much like a mask of some sort. While still somewhat three dimensional, it doesn't appear to have the proportions of a real head giving it a more two dimensional feel. Additionally, since it bobs around a bit, it looks to me like the head is on a stick. I have drawn a crude illustration of what I feel it looks like in profile.

It may very well be a head on a stick in a studio.

Standing better have his head on a swivel, because there are people missing money over all this stuff and according to Skywalker he has betrayed some trusts. 

Edited by bipedalist
bipedalist
BFF Patron
SweatyYeti

The snow does not move but the focus and camera angle does.

Seems to me this has been thoroughly debunked at this point. What now? 

I tihnk it's been debunked on a few fronts also, salubrious. :) 

There is yet another one...and possibly two...other types of analysis which can be done on the Puppetfoot face, that I will be working on.

salubrious wrote:

Has any of this been sent to Meldrum for comment? 

1980Squatch wrote:

^^^^ He has seen some of this.  SweatyYeti, have you forwarded that combo pic?  Hope he does not try to dance around that one...

I've only emailed Jeff the first animation...where the branches disappear. I don't plan on sending him anything else.

Instead, I plan on putting together, along with Pragmatic Theorist, an analysis of the first hi-res "Sasquatch" subject....(Puppetfoot)....and sending it to a few of the Bigfoot sites that carried the story of the first animation.

I think the 'combination' image....along with the animation which shows two "Sasquatch" subjects being filmed underneath the very same branch....are virtually proof that those two subjects cannot be real creatures. 

It may very well be a head on a stick in a studio.

It is eerily similar to one, BP... ;) ...

SixDollarMan-SixDollarSasquatch1_zpsa5bf

Here is the full video....unedited....and un-Photoshopped...

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 2
SweatyYeti

I added the other "Sasquatch" to the combination image.....it shows that Todd had some very good luck, at this particular branch....(at least, at getting Sasquatch heads on video)...

Sylvanic-Creatures1and2-SameBranchAG1_zp

Does anyone know which years the videos...(or images)...for these two "creatures" were made public, by Todd? :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Any math majors out there.

I found the EXIF data in one of the photos. I tried looking for it others but no such luck. With it we could conceivably calculate the distance to the subject by using the focal length and subject size. Subject size could be determined by the foliage in front.

He was shooting with a mega zoom camera, a type that I have previously owned and it's notorious for fine focus issues in complex situations such as behind branches etc. it can be done though.

Shooting conditions were ideal. He used a low ISO and shutter speed. This indicates that both he and the subject were relatively stable and "static".

post-6394-0-86907900-1397885619_thumb.jp

post-6394-0-91756000-1397886085_thumb.jp

Edited by Cornelius
  • gigantor unlocked this topic