Todd Standing Hoaxing? Is Blinky Todd Standing? - New Pics/dna Results

SweatyYeti

^

Nice work, Cornelius! :)

Here is the camera, and some of the specs...

FujiFilmDigitalCamera1_zpsdba283de.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Finepix-S1000fd-Digital-Optical/dp/B0011ZK6ZM

I have a similar Fuji model....a FinePix S3300...with 26x Zoom. Zooming 'in and out' is very easy to do, with the lever which surrounds the shutter button. So, why didn't Todd zoom-out....or just move the camera a little....to get more of the subject into view???

A "two day hike into the backcountry" wasn't arduous enough, to make it worth his while? :huh:

Just noticing the date, in the exif data...does this jive with when he supposedly made his trip??...

EXIFData-Date1_zps52a349e6.jpg

Edited, for the fourth time...to add:

"12x optical zoom FinePix S1000fd's 12x optical zoom lens expands your shooting reach, covering a remarkable focal range of 33-396mm*, bringing you close enough to capture subtle expressions."  :lol:

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1
bipedalist
BFF Patron

Nice work, Cornelius!  :)

Here is the camera, and some of the specs...

Edited, for the fourth time...to add:

"12x optical zoom FinePix S1000fd's 12x optical zoom lens expands your shooting reach, covering a remarkable focal range of 33-396mm*, bringing you close enough to capture subtle expressions."    :lol:Nice work, Cornelius! :)

Not so fast, you know claymation heads on a stick are very scary when posted in Todd's bedroom don't you, don't want to foster any more night terrors in the poor guy.  Sweet Dreams Todd!

Edited by bipedalist
bipedalist
BFF Patron

I added the other "Sasquatch" to the combination image.....it shows that Todd had some very good luck, at this particular branch....(at least, at getting Sasquatch heads on video)...

Does anyone know which years the videos...(or images)...for these two "creatures" were made public, by Todd? :)

Wow right jaw lined up with dead center nose on the other one--that IS one lucky little evergreen sprig--perhaps we can DNA sample from it, perhaps he will tell you this was the Sentinel Lookout point and they were very OCD in how they peered through the brush!   

This thread went from talking about the blinking squatch, which IMO, during one of the videos it move's slightly and there are at least some things that lead me to think it could be real.  Now the blonde squatch head is just ridiculously fake and IMO has been debunked many times in this thread, but the original title of the thread was on the blinking squatch video, which again, for several reasons has some things to it that look real.  It probably isn't given that Standing also claims this horribly fake looking blonde squatch is real also, but at least the blinking squatch is worth talking about and breaking down the why's/why not's of the veracity of the video and if it is real or fake.  Seems like the thread got off track to me.

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Looks like a mask or prop head with an eyeblink mechanism. Not hard to build mechanically. I've made quite a few myself over the years. No CGI likely. Mechanical is easier.

Hairwork isn't bad. Some skilled effort went into that.

This quote sealed the deal for me Teegun that and the post before it referring to normal muscle movement in top and bottom lids or musculature in a blink.  There is only movement in the side-forehead brow area (top=lid) in this blink.  If somebody says otherwise, enlarge or magnify and prove it to me. 

The problem Teegun is that every thread that propagates with the name Standing in it is going to elicit responses to make sure others know this guys history as well as address the question at hand in the OP.  There is no way around it.  He gives the field a BAD name. 

Edited by bipedalist

But does the exif data mean that these were still shots or video taken with that camera?   Does that camera have the ability to freeze shots from the video?  Thing is, that camera doesn't do HD does it as he claimed it was done in?  I would think not if its only a 10 MP camera.  

The EXIF data indicates that it was a still photo. If we could get a hold of the other original photos, we could determine the date range and times these photos were captured. Here's the entire data. Note the scene type and other details.

Translated EXIF

Scroll Down for Photo ↓ ↓ ↓

ApertureValue: 4.64

BrightnessValue: 5

ColorSpace: sRGB

ComponentsConfiguration: YCbCr

CompressedBitsPerPixel: 4

CustomRendered: Custom

DateTimeDigitized: 2010:08:18 20:13:05

DateTimeOriginal: 2010:08:18 20:13:05

ExifVersion: 2.2

ExposureBiasValue: 0

ExposureMode: Auto

ExposureProgram: Normal

ExposureTime: 0.007142857142857143 (this should read 1/140s. The other EXIF software I was using shows this but doesn't allow copying)

FNumber: 5

FileSource: Digital Camera

Flash: Off, Did not fire

FlashPixVersion: 1.0

FocalLength: 70.8

FocalPlaneResolutionUnit: cm

FocalPlaneXResolution: 6129

FocalPlaneYResolution: 6129

ISOSpeedRatings: 100

ImageUniqueID: 939F4252CBFD4EBEBD6D78EB6287D077

LightSource: Unknown

MaxApertureValue: 2.97

MeteringMode: Pattern

PixelXDimension: 1766

PixelYDimension: 1036

SceneCaptureType: Standard

SceneType: Directly Photographed

SensingMethod: One-chip color area

Sharpness: Normal

ShutterSpeedValue: 7.08

SubjectDistRange: Unknown

WhiteBalance: Auto

CopyrightNotice:

DateCreated: 20100818

DigitalCreationDate: 20100818

DigitalCreationTime: 201305

TimeCreated: 201305-0600

Copyright:

(file) DateTime: 2010:10:22 10:38:21

Make: FUJIFILM

Model: FinePix S1000fd

Orientation: Up

ResolutionUnit: Inches

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

XResolution: 72

YResolution: 72

PixelWidth: 1766

PixelHeight: 1036

FileSize: 145.562 kB

SweatyYeti

Not so fast, you know claymation heads on a stick are very scary when posted in Todd's bedroom don't you, don't want to foster any more night terrors in the poor guy.  Sweet Dreams Todd!

That's just about what the 'Puppetsquatch' subject is, BP....a physical model. I don't think that it's a costume head, I think it is a physical prop. 

And, since Todd was lucky enough to capture two "creatures" on video underneath the same tree branch...I would be willing to bet that the tree branch was not "deep into the backcountry"....but rather, much closer to home....like some nearby woods, or maybe even his own back yard. 

Well, I don't know anything about this EXIF stuff, but if the date says 2010:08:18, that means August 18th right? so is there going to be snow where he was in August?

Edited by barncat

Bipedalist - I have seen that happen with threads where Standing is discussed.  And honestly, I can understand where the offshoots of the original subject matter come from.  Just seems this has been mostly talking about the very fake looking, and debunked blonde head.  It's such a bad puppet head I can't believe it even was ever put out there as real.  So that put's anything Standing does in very serious and valid questioning of hoaxing. 

As far as the blinking video, there is some slight upward and sideways shifting of the head and IMO possibly some very slight eyeball "gaze" change.  Also some very possibly lip or facial change.  I've watched that video about 30 times and this is what it looks like to me - that being said, it could be a fake with mechanical blink and there was some mechanism made to make the head sway or move a little.  My main point is that for some reason the blinking head looks far more real and I haven't ruled out (in my mind) that it could be real. 

SweatyYeti

The EXIF data indicates that it was a still photo. If we could get a hold of the other original photos, we could determine the date range and times these photos were captured. Here's the entire data. Note the scene type and other details.

Translated EXIF

Scroll Down for Photo ↓ ↓ ↓

ApertureValue: 4.64

BrightnessValue: 5

ColorSpace: sRGB

ComponentsConfiguration: YCbCr

CompressedBitsPerPixel: 4

CustomRendered: Custom

DateTimeDigitized: 2010:08:18 20:13:05

DateTimeOriginal: 2010:08:18 20:13:05

ExifVersion: 2.2

ExposureBiasValue: 0

ExposureMode: Auto

ExposureProgram: Normal

ExposureTime: 0.007142857142857143 (this should read 1/140s. The other EXIF software I was using shows this but doesn't allow copying)

FNumber: 5

FileSource: Digital Camera

Flash: Off, Did not fire

FlashPixVersion: 1.0

FocalLength: 70.8

Thanks for posting that additional data, Cornelius. :)

The 'focal length', for this picture, is listed as 70.8....which would be 'maximum zoom'.

I think from all the data that's currently available...it might be possible to get a close estimate on the distance from Todd to the subject. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

I don't see any change in the blinking video other than the blink and a slight upward tilt of the head. I've seen a few different versions of the head photographed from different angles and it never changes expression. With any living creature, there is going to be some movement even if they are purposely trying to remain still. This has none of that.

SweatyYeti

It's such a bad puppet head I can't believe it even was ever put out there as real.  

My main point is that for some reason the blinking head looks far more real and I haven't ruled out (in my mind) that it could be real. 

Those two scenarios are incompatable, Teegun. If the first "creature" was fake...(which it was).....the second "creature" must be a fake, as well.

It's a simple matter of 'probabilities'....what are the odds/chances that Todd created the first video as a hoax...and then a real creature comes along....and Todd gets it on video....replicating many aspects of the first, hoaxed one?? 

What would you estimate the odds of that happening are? :)

I don't see any change in the blinking video other than the blink and a slight upward tilt of the head. I've seen a few different versions of the head photographed from different angles and it never changes expression. With any living creature, there is going to be some movement even if they are purposely trying to remain still. This has none of that.

Neither does it turn it's head, barncat....even as it moved, behind that branch.

EXTREMELY unlikely there would be any snow in August even in Canada.  There are places you can check what the weather was on a certain day too for different areas.  

Here's the other thing, even if there was snow, you're not going to have sub-zero temperatures in August, and thus you WILL have dripping/wetness down the rocks.  There is none especially with the sun out as is seen on the top of the muppet's head.  

• gigantor unlocked this topic