Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Todd Standing Hoaxing? Is Blinky Todd Standing? - New Pics/dna Results

The eye blink looks very mechanical to me. That would seem easy to pull off with a simple servo from a cheap RC unit. Or even a draw string.

Edited by BR Woods

Totally easy to spot the mechanical nature of it. The only thing that I can think of in its favor is that there's a bit of owl in there. I remember my first close sighting of an owl and the one thing I noticed was how it looked animatronic in its movement.

But seriously, the thing is devoid of life. There's no soul there, at all.

How can Meldrum let it slide is disturbing.

JiggyPotamus

Oh wow, I was just asking whether Mr. Munns has weighed in on this video in the other Standing thread, and then I see this. To reiterate my conclusion, I think this looks extremely unnatural. I mentioned the intricate movement that the muscles of the face are capable of, and how it seems unnatural that there is absolutely zero movement present, aside from the eye blinking. The eyelid generally blinks in a fraction of a second, but what we see here seems much slower to me.

And does the hair on the right side of the face look carved to anyone else? Almost like the head, or part of it, is wooden or plastic or something? It sure would be easier to create a solid head like that, as opposed to a mask or something...at least I would think so, because it is easier to carve something out and then paint it...if someone is not going to be wearing it, like one would a mask. I think it is virtually impossible to create an animatronic head that represents a human, or a sasquatch, which cannot be told apart from the real thing. It might could be done, but it would probably be cutting edge, and expensive. One could get really close I'm sure, but I've seen some of the robots they're working on at present, and they are still slightly off from mimicking human looks and movements to the point that one could not tell the difference.

And like I said, that is cutting edge stuff. Not something that just anyone would be able to acquire. So I stand by my conclusion that these videos are hoaxes. They are a bit different from ordinary hoaxes, but fake nonetheless. I wish someone could prove that these were fake, although I'm sure most people can see that they just don't look natural, because then perhaps we could be rid of another hoaxer. They ruin the community and give it a bad name. What is worse in this case is the notoriety and attention that the person has received. That just makes things exponentially worse, because once a person is eventually outed as a hoaxer, all those people who were exposed to the hoaxes, those not in the community, will think even less of bigfoot.

So while the man claims he wants to help the sasquatch, yada yada, it all seems like utter junk. If that were the case, he wouldn't be putting out videos like this. Again, this is all just my opinion, and my opinion is based solely on what I am seeing in these videos.

SweatyYeti

Another strike against it, is the fact that Todd keeps managing to get high-resolution video of Sasquatch's heads....and, in both cases the Squatches just happen to be stationary....like they're posing for him...

StandingStaringSquatches1_zps141365e4.jp

This is simply a sign of his handiwork....rather than a 'lucky coincidence'. 

WV FOOTER

Nothing Standing has presented looks living. It is funny how he can get such a close, high resolution facial pic, and still unabIe to prove anything.  I just can't believe that Dr. Meldrum is teaming up with this guy.

• Upvote 3

It was only a matter of time before someone built models or masks based on extensive witness information. In this case though I believe because of the high foreheads they could be masks. The eye blink shows no bottom lid movement and no "squeeze effect caused by muscles in unison. Sasquatch tend to have a longer looking face as their eye sockets sit higher on the skull as with all other relict hominids and most primates. The high forehead is a distinctly Homo Sapiens trait. Which brings us to the eyes. Sasquatch eyes are witness described as being wide and dark. This has more to do with a primate feature than most realize. Where the white of the eye meets the iris is called the scleral band. On many primates this band is extremely dark and is why white only shows on extreme eye rotation. Witnesses describe a "dayshine" effect in close proximity and a deep amber color. This would make the eye similar in color to a Gorilla and would also describe an animal capable of night vision. But a person who is not savy on this and attempting to recreate would simply buy a round glass eye with no scleral band and present it as is. Look, people have to make up their own mind on whether these photos are real. I don't think Mr. Munns is and I am not convinced either.

Bigtex

The hair looks frozen.......where are dem great BF locks blowin' in the breeze?

Terry

I just can't believe that Dr. Meldrum is teaming up with this guy.

I suspect Dr. Meldrum is a bit of a media hound.  Just because he's a Dr. doesn't mean he has common sense.  It won't be long before we see him in Sasquatch Ontario's tent with the rain coming down and a bf yelling Jefffffff...

t.

• Upvote 2

Another question for Bill Munns: Having seen some of Todd Standings alledged bigfoot footage, would you take the guy seriously as far as bigfoot research? (I would really like your thoughts on Meldrum's association with Standing, but don't expect to get them on a public forum.)

Bill

I have an excellent collaboration with Jeff and he and I have not discussed his other lines of investigation, so I simply trust that Jeff is responsible in what else he investigates and whom he also collaborates with, and I consider that in any situation, there may be things going on behind the scene or not readily disclosed which would change the whole context of the situation.

So frankly, I'm steering a wide course around this topic and will let it take its course, see where it goes. I won't judge it with only partial knowledge of the situation.

Bill

• Upvote 2

SweatyYeti

^

I've seen enough to call it a hoax. One thing I know for sure, is that if Sasquatches actually do exist....they move. :)

• Upvote 3

^ I think there's definitely more going on behind the scenes. I listened to their radio show and Meldrum sounds genuinely impressed with what Todd has been able to show him out in the field. In fact, I too, was pleasantly surprised with his approach on Survivorman.

Airdale

In Drew's original link to the Vine website, there is what I would best describe as a faint, pale blue "halo" surrounding the head, though it is not so noticeable in the YouTube link. That kind of visual artifact often results when an object is inserted into a still photo, though it is rarely so obvious. As has been noted above, the head appears frozen in relation to it's purported surroundings in the video where there is evident wind movement of at least foreground vegetation.

In my volunteer position as photo archivist at the Montana Military Museum for the last two plus years, I've spent literally hundreds of hours working on high resolution scans of historical photos under magnification, often working at the level of individual pixels. The goal is cleaning up damage from sometimes over a century of less than ideal storage and handling in order to return the photos to a state as close as possible to the original prints (the original scans are always preserved as well). I've had to develop an eye for determining whether something visible in an image belongs there, or is the result of damage. Sometimes research will solve the problem if it involves a particular weapon, uniform, etc. for which existing images are available. Often, however, it comes down to instinct developed through experience. That instinct suggests to me that the head in the video does not belong there, irrespective of the eye blink mechanics. Whether it was added in post production or was in place when the scene was recorded, I don't believe it to be a natural part of the surroundings. Just my take. 

Todd Standing is well aware of the existence of Sasquatch. The area he took Dr.Meldrum to is 100% legit and any evidence there is likely real.  I don't know the back story on those photos and when I have spoken to Todd they were never brought up. It's been said many times that photo evidence will never be conclusive. It's going to take a dead one.

Sign in to follow this