Todd Standing Hoaxing? Is Blinky Todd Standing? - New Pics/dna Results

MarkGlasgow

I just cannot believe that Meldrum knew going in that this was all a hoax.

However, when did he discover the truth?

Was he not there, and did he not have BF "sightings" while there? Would he not know a living BF from a dummy?

What was it that drew Meldrum into this disaster? Recognition for himself, the science, money, or species recognition? Was it all of those reasons, or just what?

How did he end up in this situation?

I distinctly got the feeling from Meldrum that he was unaware of the furore he would cause by 'working' with Standing.

He felt he had little to lose by checking out his research area especially as the trip was being paid for. Standing managed to convince Meldrum during his stay that all the accusations of hoaxing levelled at him were false and took time to debunk these.

Meldrum alas took Standing at his word and seemed to have a genuine affinity for Todd.

Meldrum went on describe new footage that showed a close up of a BF face which seemed to move realistically. He then joked and made comparisons to the Erickson footage which suggested he was far from convinced about what he had viewed.

Doc Holliday

to keep it rated G here, I'll paraphrase  an old line...... " you can't force a willing soul "

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Ended in brutality? Maybe Sweaty should make the .gif and use the theme song from "Deliverance."

Woodknock faster Todd, I hear banjos

• Upvote 1
bipedalist
BFF Patron

I just cannot believe that Meldrum knew going in that this was all a hoax.

However, when did he discover the truth?

Was he not there, and did he not have BF "sightings" while there? Would he not know a living BF from a dummy?

What was it that drew Meldrum into this disaster? Recognition for himself, the science, money, or species recognition? Was it all of those reasons, or just what?

I think he went into BigfootNorth saw the ratings potential for fund generation for projects (Falcon, or whatever), and wanted to wait it out.  He was sold that critics photoshopped Todd's work and that it was valid.  Then Todd absconded with a research area with real potential and ran with that to further the drama and was apparently convincing.  From there Meldrum and Bindernagel got prepaid invites to see/hear the Bigfoot. Standings association with Les Stroud apparently didn't do him any harm in seeming a wonder boy I suppose.   Guess financial backing has it's perks for hoaxers as well as common folk.  Anyhow, I think he was going into this thinking the documentary might be a way to get backing to further research.  He seemed to be sold on the videos and stills and defended them up to this point. 

Edited by bipedalist
gigantor

I think Meldrum and Stroud should read the BFF religiously...  you have to wonder about their judgement no question.

Meldrum has lost my respect. It won't be easy to gain it back.

Edited by gigantor
salubrious

So. - a summary?

It seems that Blinky and TS are indeed the same.

All output from TS is apparently hoax.

Meldrum got caught up in it somehow- the simple explanation being a lack of judgment. Not the first time that's happened to a human, the astonishing part is that he took any of TS's explanations or videos/photos seriously. Money could be involved.

Then, the whole thing seems to have blown up and TS is calling it quits.

An odd side note is that one poster on this thread is conspicuous in his absence.

Did I miss anything of significance?

• Upvote 2
Trogluddite
BFF Donor

^^

I believe that there is a pattern of bright academics being taken in by unscrupulous self-promoters.  I don't believe anyone credits Ivan Marx's films in any way anymore yet a bright professor at Castleton State College (VT) was apparently quite snookered and wrote a forward for a book extolling Marx's wildlife documentary skills.  It was like Marx was the Marlin Perkins of Bigfoot.  

The professor's name escapes me right now, but he is deceased.  He apparently got some visibility for Bigfoot in the 1980s.  It is important to note that it appears that he got completely snookered by Marx. 

A friend of mine told me on my first privately organized BF outing over 6 yrs ago that "You will learn a whole lot more about people than you ever will about Bigfoot".  With some people, it seems to be an ego thing; with others it's more about $.  I have been fortunate in the last few years to come to know people who are what i consider to be extremely knowledgable about BF, and they have shared some of that knowledge with me, for which i am thankful.  They are not out for fame or fortune, but just want to learn more about these creatures.

• Upvote 1

I suppose its time to liven this topic up a bit since everyone is soooooooo on the edge of their seats waiting for Todd Standing's world-shaking announcement.  Not!  

Anyway, this is a photograph of Todd Standing collecting hair samples on August 28th, 2014.  The hairs were given to him by Randy Brisson at his home near Vancouver B.C..   Randy stated that Todd told him they were to be used for a Discovery Channel show.    For the record, Todd's alleged break-in occurred between July 15-17, 2014 (before the photo), therefore these hairs were not stolen in the 'Great Alberta, Canada Hair Caper'.  

Randy Brisson would like to know what happened to the hairs he provided Todd Standing?  (I suspect I'm not the only one wondering if this is the source of Todd's hair sample?  But I also wonder who else gave Todd hairs?)  

Statement by Randy Brisson: 

"None of us have anything to do with him now, only Meldrum, Thats because I gave him many Hair samples a few months ago, He said it was for a show, Discovery Channel, It was all crap talk., He told me he lost all the Hair I gave him, lol fool. "

Anyway, I don't have much more to share on this at this time.  I don't know where the hairs were originally found?   Maybe more info will be forthcoming?  Maybe not.  

I do know from seeing other photographs, that Dr. Bindernagel, Les Stroud, and Sonya Zohar, have since spent time with Brisson in the field.  Hopefully I can add more info on the hair situation, along with some other incriminating stuff I'm putting together for my next blog post on Toddy.  

post-120-0-64297400-1421295280_thumb.jpg

Thx for the update.

Rule #1, never trust anyone with a beard AND pony tail.

Rule #2, never give anyone ALL of your hair samples (shame on Brisson).

I'm pretty sure he didn't give him ALL his hair samples.   

Oh and 63 hours left in Toddy's Kickstarter Campaign and he's got $1,527 pledged.  I get the feeling he's not gonna make his $900,000 goal in time.     :negative:   

• 4 weeks later...
  • gigantor unlocked this topic