Sign in to follow this  
Drew

Todd Standing Hoaxing? Is Blinky Todd Standing? - New Pics/dna Results

That whole thread along with everyone's comments (including mine) was deleted.  Of course I had the page open and so it never will actually be gone forever...   :)

It sure is quiet on this Standing topic.  Hmmm   I've got something else to post soon that may help in properly dealing with burden of proof on evidence and claims.  Speaking of, anybody see J lately?  

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

masterbarber

I think Meldrum and Stroud should read the BFF religiously... 

It would do them both a world of good if they did.

Trogluddite

That whole thread along with everyone's comments (including mine) was deleted.  Of course I had the page open and so it never will actually be gone forever...   :)

It sure is quiet on this Standing topic.  Why tempt fate?  Don't we have enough threads going that necessitate a facepalm?  Hmmm   I've got something else to post soon that may help in properly dealing with burden of proof on evidence and claims.  Speaking of, anybody see J lately?  He's been popping up in other threads and at least appears to have been trying to be less single focus and zealous in some of them.  Why shove a sharp stick into a quiet anthill? 

• Upvote 1

Well Trog, I've been following Standing's antics for almost a decade now.  When one claim ends he moves on to the next.  It's become an established norm with him.   Granted he may have made his swan song, but I've seen his leapfrog methods occur time and time again.  So it hurts nothing to remain in the outfield letting him know here we're waiting to catch his next foul ball if he tries.   This thread is still Pinned as well.  Hopefully this will remain the case a little longer too because what I'll post should provide a powerful discussion point for the betterment of the forum as a whole in dealing with burden of proof issues.   

I think everyone will appreciate what will be presented here.  The framework was inspired by the countless frustrating debates that took place, so J was appropriately mentioned.  Hopefully he will appreciate it as well.  We'll see.

Terry

I think Meldrum and Stroud should read the BFF religiously...  you have to wonder about their judgement no question.

Meldrum has lost my respect. It won't be easy to gain it back.

If you want Meldrum to read the BFF you'll have to film and pay him to do it.  

• Upvote 1

I wonder what Strouds take on this whole thing is...

Trogluddite

Well Trog, I've been following Standing's antics for almost a decade now. ....  what I'll post should provide a powerful discussion point for the betterment of the forum as a whole in dealing with burden of proof issues.   

I think everyone will appreciate what will be presented here.  The framework was inspired by the countless frustrating debates that took place, so J was appropriately mentioned.  Hopefully he will appreciate it as well.  We'll see.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din (to quote Jim Croce).  Unfortunately, I agree that it is likely he'll be back with something else.  What I would expect would be an attempt to enter this forum (since the BFF has been quite clear in calling him out) as a "newbie" who wants to learn, gathering a lot of what he perceives as "smoking gun" evidence that this forum is nuts/incompetent/etc., presenting it out of context, and then declaring how smart he is.

As to your framework, I think those who will appreciate it won't need it (because they're familiar w/the concepts) and those who need it won't appreciate it and just go back to doing what they were/are doing. 

MarkGlasgow

I wonder what Strouds take on this whole thing is...

We must remember that Stroud hooked up with Standing due to the incredible close up photos he managed to take of these elusive creatures.

Not sure what Stroud makes of the Standing scenario now but he was convinced enough by Standings material to offer him the gig.

I've been told by more than one person who is in touch with him that he won't have anything more to do with Standing.  

roguefooter

I think Stroud needs to do another Bigfoot episode showcasing other researchers or going it alone- to redeem himself.

That's what several of his upcoming episodes consist of.  

Bigfoot told me.   :keeporder:

I think Stroud needs to do another Bigfoot episode showcasing other researchers or going it alone- to redeem himself.

As long as he does NOT hook up with Ketchum,  Stroud should be fine.

His reputation is good, and I do not think he will make a mistake by hooking up with a scammer that would cost him his integrity and personal dignity.

MarkGlasgow

As long as he does NOT hook up with Ketchum, Stroud should be fine.

Some of us would pay heartily to see this combo work together!

That's kind of an old vid but its all such videos that make it critical that Meldrum and others formally disassociate themselves with Standing if its the case.  Otherwise their reputations will forever be tied to a hoaxer.  

Sign in to follow this