ChrisBFRPKY

Observed Behaviors

bipedalist

About the turkeys, catching a turkey would be difficult during the day. I'd bet they catch them on the roost at night (if they do eat turkeys) I've seen 50 or more turkeys roosting in a single tree at night. It'd be super easy to climb up and grab a few off the roost at night while the birds are blind. (I've heard stories about guys with .22 rifles taking several (dozens) birds at night while they were on the roost. I wouldn't do that myself as it's not only illegal but also immoral IMO) I think one of these creatures could easily snag a few off the roost at night without the benefit of a rifle. Chris B.

Yes, though the turkeys are strong fliers and I've seen them fly upward above 60 ft. in the tops of large trees, they'd be less challenging at night.

BF would have to be an accomplished tree climber to do the turkey roost grab I would think though. The stories of BF catching three turkeys at a time in daylight do not ring true to me. If they can do that they have capabilities that are far in excess of some kind of adapted ape-like primate. Of course many report they do.

So if BF can grab a turkey in that manner there should be stories of them grabbing other roosting avians as well such as crows.....anybody heard of such?

Thepattywagon

Bipedalist and Chris, Yea, pulling them off of the roost after dark would be doable, I suppose, depending on how high up the tree they are roosting.

Could be a job for the younger, lighter ones to climb up trees that might not support a full grown BF. :)

We had a group of 20 or so turkeys that rusted in a tree next to a creek on our property, I’ve often thought that they would be easy target for a BF. We cut had and when a turkey is own the nest the hen will lay there and let you run over her trying to protect her eggs or chicks. Turkeys, turkey eggs and the chicks would be a good meal for a BF.

Awesome info Jodie! That's 2 for tree bark, thanks. Did she happen to mention what kind of tree she has?

It was a type of pine tree,she said that the bark that was missing was approximately 3 feet over her head when I asked her about it. She is 5'2". Her window is 6 feet off the ground so she saw it from the torso up initially and then moved closer to the window to look through the plantation blind slats. Her bedroom light was off but the outdoor light was on which was why she noticed it. She said it was picking the bark off the tree then turned and leaned against the tree with the back towards the window but she could see the profile of the face and right arm/hand. It was well groomed, the color of an irish setter, the hair on the arm ruffled in the wind and he had his head down with eyes closed, no ears noticed. She said the hands had shorter thicker fingers than ours with a longer palm. That matches my father's description of their hands so I believe she saw what she said she saw. She also lives on a lake that backs up to a national forest.

Just wanted to edit to add that the bigfoot did not seem to notice or hear her move towards the window. She left the room to get her husband and when he returned to the bedroom to look through the window the creature was gone.

Edited by Jodie

ChrisBFRPKY

Thanks Jodie. That's 2 observations for pine bark specifically. I'm glad to hear it.

Chris B.

Sasfooty

Maybe they kill turkeys by knocking them off their roosts with rocks. They might even kill them in the daytime with rocks. I've noticed that some of them are very accurate rock throwers.

Guest tracker

Actually , I did shoot 1 minute and 2 seconds of blobby video. My little Jazz pocket camcorder was zoomed in beyond it's ability to record decent images. Chris B.

How do you like your jazz Chris ? I got one too, mines crap. what a waste of cash. dry.gif

ChrisBFRPKY

Tracker, the little Jazz pocket camcorders are pretty good for recording audio, but the video feature is terrible. It's handy though, and will easily fit in a pocket but quality video cannot be had. They're better than drawing a picture I guess, but not much.

I use my little Jazz camcorders for audio only now. I use a Sony for video. It shoots 1080 HD. Now that Sony is a cam. Now all I have to do is to get Big Hairy to pose for me.

Chris B.

Guest herosmom

The BF I saw was flapping it's arms against it's own sides like it was cold-kind of like an impatient child would do. Thought that would be an interesting detail for this thread.

Guest BuzzardEater

The BF I saw was flapping it's arms against it's own sides like it was cold-kind of like an impatient child would do. Thought that would be an interesting detail for this thread.

Perhaps he was trying to fly? These BFs aren't very smart, you know.

Edited by BuzzardEater

Cool observation, what did you think about it? If it wasn't cold out I'd be really curious... :)

I thought I would point out that, unlike carnivores which can make their own Vit C, primates like us have to find sources of Vit C. Sasquatch are living in non-tropical environments... they have to find Vit C somewhere since there aren't orange trees and bell peppers growing in vast wilderness of the Pacific Northwest. My guess is that pines are a convenient source of this vital nutrient.

ChrisBFRPKY

Thanks herosmom! That's interesting to note. I've noticed my 6 year old does that when he's frustrated. Was the creature flapping it's arms against it's side repeatedly? Was it cold out during the sighting? I'm very curious to hear more. Again, thanks for sharing with us.

James, I did find that pine bark has vitamin C. It's very possible the creature was using it as a supplement? I know I'd rather find something besides pine bark for dinner if it were me.

Chris B.

Chris They've been observed eaing root's, leaves, sedges ect..it's possible their taste buds are less delicate than ours and pine bark isn't as offensive to them? I'd like to think so anyway!! :) :) :)

Sunflower

A few years ago I heard a researcher repeat a story of a female slapping her thigh to get the attention of a little one. Mom hairy person was doing exactly like us and find that account perfectly believable because I've done that to get the attention of my son as well as my dog. :lol: