Campsite Destroyed

If  children or a pregnant female were in danger, I can understand all of this stuff happening, plus BF or whatever may not want humans bothering their areas.

Gumshoeye, another great thread first off,  secondly,  how many reports, if any, did you come across that speak of campers sitting tight through the screams and rocks. I seem to recall at least a few, whereabouts unsure, most likely BFRO or perhaps bigfootencounters. Regardless, this thread and your previous tend to focus on the dangerous side of this animal. At least the potential for danger. Which I wholeheartedly agree with. My question to you, do you think those who ran out of camp could have indeed been in peril, or do you think this is bluffing? Scare tactics to drive them out of their territory. If indeed reports are true of campers receving the same welcome yet staying put and suffering no harm, it makes me wonder. Obviously it would depend on the Sasquatch and the humans, but I think these scenarios will always play out differently and decisions on both ends are reactionary. For example, Sasquatch is simply bluffing and he knows it, yet these campers are scared and moving, he's getting the effect he desires so does he have the presence of mind to escalate that agression to reach his goal? Are they able to gauge when it's time to use physicality? If the campers DON'T move do they merely pout and wander off til they have gone? If they don't leave will he attack? It almost seems to me a temper tantrum of sorts with the thrashing of campsites in their areas. The humans themselves though are allowed to leave. That requires some discipline and logic. I don't think many 'animals' would force any 'prey' into a fleeing mode and not give chase but rather stay in the area it cleared and 'clean' it up. My long-winded point, it seems to me this is almost an act of patience and trying to avoid contact. The lurking, screaming, rocks, harrassment. Odd as that may sound.

Jasperlamarcrab - This topic was created to invoke discussion. Thanks for your inspiring and thought provoking post. Whether an individual (s) are chased after rock throwing and screaming episodes is secondary to the inherent act of unwelcome. Nowhere in our modern society will the same acts be seen as anything but anti-social and hostile.

I believe individual people are hard to predict far beyond my ability to second guess how or why anyone reacts under certain condition. From what I read of these specific encounters there were slightly more people fleeing than those who chose to stay and weather the storm so to speak and that may have more to do with variables that I can only guess. For example, a person from a large inner city environment with greater stressors or stress levels may react differently from an individual living on a rural farm and far away from city life with fewer stimuli.

All humans have “Fight or flight†triggering mechanism’s within our body causing us to decide in moment’s time whether or not, we stay and fight or flee. I believe a lot depends on the individual’s stress level, where they come from and previous experiences.  

You may be surprised by where your thought process of “Fight or flight†takes you. In a moment where you face life or death experiences you struggle in a flash of realizing the event unfolding is not a dream but reality where you get to choose whether you survive or not.  Your muscles tense and you feel a rush of adrenaline washing over you unlike anything ever before experienced. You find yourself gasping for air. Your blood pressure surges to an unbelievable rate and you almost find yourself nearly lulled into complacency because it occurs so suddenly, it’s so abrupt. Unaware of what has overcome you, your mind races forward faster than you ever believe possible, all while there is definite feeling of time and motion has slowed down. As find yourself consuming immense amounts of energy relative time seems to slow down as though watching and narrating from a third person perspective. Anything you do up to this point is strictly instinctual and you may not realize or understand how you reacted until hours or days after the event. Afterwards, after expending enormous amounts of energy you never realized you had, you feel drained, spent, and exhausted.

I'm not convinced that the campsite destruction ever occurred, in fact, stating it more strongly, I think it's a hoax.    There seems to be no connection between Bob (or Robert) Garrett and any murders or any torn up campsite and murders.   If this happened it should have hit the local news and be available via web searches even if the physical evidence were covered up.  

Further, I saw the videos before they were taken down.   They raise huge red flags.  Way too "Blair Witch".   This Bob Garrett, if that's who was in the videos, was not acting like any veteran researcher I've ever been in the woods with acted documenting evidence.   It was posturing for the camera, that's all.

MIB

• Upvote 1

There's conversations taking place in the FB groups about this.  Bob claimed to have hard evidence that it was a BF that tore up the camp. Now, this:

"Bob Garrett has been forced by a US Gov. agency to take a step back from sharing any media or findings he has on Sasquatch..."

"A US Gov agency has shut down his Facebook page, his YouTube account, his radio site..."

So Bob has quit the internet.

Well, shoot... there goes our evidence. Again.

:keeporder:

BTW: There is another thread here discussing the camp in detail.

So, they want to stay unnoticed. Why would they mess with campers? Maybe because they were to close to the BF's offspring?

If they want to be unnoticed you would think pestering campers would be the least likely path to follow …. I’ve heard of Bears overrunning some communities in New Jersey and they are some pretty smart creatures. Is it possible to train these things condition these animals to refrain from tearing up campsites and throwing rocks?

First off interesting topic. I have seen some photos and video of a camp site that was suppose to have been raided, ransacked, however you want to call it. Think Sasquatch Chronicles did an interview about this. I think it is possible. There are other reports of Sasquatch coming into camps and milling about. So yeah is it possible yes. If this is a flesh and blood animal why not. As for "well if they want to be unnoticed why do this." Tribes of people in the amazon attack small planes or boats for coming to close or into their territory. So maybe these actions are just that. You came to close so now I have to drive you out. Animals do this as well, Apes charge people, so do bears and even moose. This is an animal after all, it's view of what must be done is going to be different than a humans. A dog does not write a letter to the neighbor saying keep your dog out of my yard. No, it barks at the other dog and goes after the dog for entering its yard. That being said maybe it is a hoax, who knows. Though from doing my own digging around it seems to me IMO that whenever a Sasquatch shows aggression the report is more likely to be thought of as a hoax. Like any animal there is most likely some that are more gentle and some that are high aggressive . So I would not just flat out rule out the idea of this being an attack of a Sasquatch, but wouldn't jump on the truck either and say it was a Sasquatch attack either. More research and investigation needs be done first. Maybe a second camping trip?

Edited by Woodslore

Guest ChasingRabbits

I'm not convinced that the campsite destruction ever occurred, in fact, stating it more strongly, I think it's a hoax.    There seems to be no connection between Bob (or Robert) Garrett and any murders or any torn up campsite and murders.   If this happened it should have hit the local news and be available via web searches even if the physical evidence were covered up.  

Further, I saw the videos before they were taken down.   They raise huge red flags.  Way too "Blair Witch".   This Bob Garrett, if that's who was in the videos, was not acting like any veteran researcher I've ever been in the woods with acted documenting evidence.   It was posturing for the camera, that's all.

MIB

In the vid he took that evening, I got the impression that he wasn't wearing his Big Foot Researcher hat, because the  wreckage of campsite took him by surprise. According to him, he called the cops and reported this site that evening because he thought something like a violent fight occurred.

In the vid he took the next morning, his demeanor was  like he was in his other vids: not as awestruck and more matter of fact.

Those are my impressions. To each his/her own.

Jasperlamarcrab - This topic was created to invoke discussion. Thanks for your inspiring and thought provoking post. Whether an individual (s) are chased after rock throwing and screaming episodes is secondary to the inherent act of unwelcome. Nowhere in our modern society will the same acts be seen as anything but anti-social and hostile.

I believe individual people are hard to predict far beyond my ability to second guess how or why anyone reacts under certain condition. From what I read of these specific encounters there were slightly more people fleeing than those who chose to stay and weather the storm so to speak and that may have more to do with variables that I can only guess. For example, a person from a large inner city environment with greater stressors or stress levels may react differently from an individual living on a rural farm and far away from city life with fewer stimuli.

All humans have “Fight or flight†triggering mechanism’s within our body causing us to decide in moment’s time whether or not, we stay and fight or flee. I believe a lot depends on the individual’s stress level, where they come from and previous experiences.  

You may be surprised by where your thought process of “Fight or flight†takes you. In a moment where you face life or death experiences you struggle in a flash of realizing the event unfolding is not a dream but reality where you get to choose whether you survive or not.  Your muscles tense and you feel a rush of adrenaline washing over you unlike anything ever before experienced. You find yourself gasping for air. Your blood pressure surges to an unbelievable rate and you almost find yourself nearly lulled into complacency because it occurs so suddenly, it’s so abrupt. Unaware of what has overcome you, your mind races forward faster than you ever believe possible, all while there is definite feeling of time and motion has slowed down. As find yourself consuming immense amounts of energy relative time seems to slow down as though watching and narrating from a third person perspective. Anything you do up to this point is strictly instinctual and you may not realize or understand how you reacted until hours or days after the event. Afterwards, after expending enormous amounts of energy you never realized you had, you feel drained, spent, and exhausted.

I agree Gumshoe, certainly the act itself is not welcomed.  I wasn't meaning to speak contrarily to that point. I find it ponderous the level of thought, calculation, and common sense that can be derived from all the reports out there. Such a fine line these creatures walk in regards to human intelligence, some pretty advanced, others plain old animal instinct. I suppose much like us, individuals, so it certainly wouldn't be prudent to make assumptions about them as a group. I've seen it opined by a few that your posts tend to paint Sasquatch in a bit of a negative manner, I don't see that, I see these potential issues and dangers being quite important. Seems to me you're trying to wrap your head around these creatures the best way possible after your encounter, which is taking in all information and seperating the wheat from the chaff. Another question for you if you'd be so kind. Being in the rarer position than most here with your law enforcement background, you've been in danger numerous times. Would you say the foreboding feeling you received in your encounter comes closer to the danger felt from another human, or the threat of an animal? If that can be articulated, I know you've said it's rather difficult to describe.

Jasperlamarcrab -

Thank you and good question. What I see as real is based on my personal beliefs both in and outside this topic and experience that may not be your own but it doesn’t necessarily mean something is more right than somebody else’s, but you ask and I will be very frank. The feeling I experienced was unearthly different than anything I ever experienced period and I will probably never go back out there again.

My experience would lead me to believe the only reoprt you might see for an act like the one described is a general log entry for an insurance claim.

Why?

Criminal codes apply to people, not critters. Only people can be prosecuted for criminal activity. The Po-lice ain't gonna take the time to cut paper on any animal trashing a campsite. No person involved no crime. Log entry for insurance documentation. 10-8.

That is just the way it is.

Most campsites that have been trashed by animals (or even a BF) you'll find the campers have subsequently  cleaned up and have left before calling the cops crosses their minds. So no "crime scene" by the time they get home and think about it.

IF they suspect a BF is responsible odds are they won't call no matter what. I worked where there were a number of campgrounds, federal, state and otherwise and don't recall a trashed campsite report ever coming in....in 25 years.

Bears are incredibly adept at figuring out how to get into places we don't want them. I have a friend who is a welder and he spent several years working up and trying to patent a bear-proof dumpster. The bears kicked his tail. I was actually camped at a lake one summer weekend and managed to get some pictures of a bear IN one of his "bear proof" dumpsters. Had his business logo on the side, and the bear had a liter bottle of soda he was chugging whilst looking outta da dumpster.

I sent the pics to my pal, he laughed, but was p.o'ed.

As far as I know he still hasn't built the bear-proof dumpster, but I am sure he is trying...bear resistant, sure...but proof is a whole 'nother deal.

Edited by Northfork

Great thread Gumshoeye. I've experienced tachypsychia twice, both times while driving. In the first instance, a flatbed truck with dualies turned on to the highway ahead of my wife and me as we were accelerating back to speed after passing through Townsend, Montana. There was a fist sized rock wedged between the two right tires that launched at our windshield about the time we hit 40 MPH. It still plays out like a slow motion video in my head with the rock headed for the windshield of the Subaru right in front of my wife. I executed a 180 to the left with the wheel putting me instantly into the oncoming lane which was fortunately empty, then repeated the maneuver to the right as the danger passed to regain my proper lane.

The second time I was returning to Helena from Great Falls in the same car. As I topped the North Hill on I-15 to drop into the Helena Valley the highway turned suddenly white ahead of me. There had been a freak ice storm and six vehicles were stopped in the right hand lane and right shoulder immediately ahead. I popped it into 4 wheel drive and changed lanes but the car began to oscillate left and right. Again, it was all slow motion and I could tell that the next swing right would put me under the back of a 3/4 ton 4wd pickup/camper so I let it go into the median on the left hand swing. I was broadside to direction of travel and nearly stopped when the right side tires dug into some soft soil and the car flipped to its top in a heartbeat. Time returned to normal speed and I cranked open the driver's side window, braced myself against the ceiling, released my safety belt then eased down and crawled out the window none the worse for wear. This was '88 and pre-cell phone, but one of the gentlemen drove me to a valley market where I phoned in the accident report, then drove me home another few miles. The investigating MHP trooper called me at home a few hours later and I began to walk him through the situation. He stopped me and asked if there were other vehicles in the road ahead when I topped the hill (everyone had pulled away after my adventure to avoid a repeat). When I said there were he replied he figured that I must have been avoiding something as it was darn rare to see 4wd Subaru's upside down in the median. He then asked if alcohol was involved and I said "No sir, but there's a cold Ranier Ale waiting in the refrigerator as soon as we're done talking." He allowed as how he wouldn't mind joining me but had a long night ahead as I had been far from the only victim of the storm.

It is a very strange sensation to experience but can also be the difference between life and death if you're prepared to utilize the edge it provides when everything drops in the pot.

• Upvote 2

MIB

I'd like to see some evidence of destruction of something e.g.,coffee urn/pot  being twisted by something with opposable thumbs and some scientific testing that would lead one to believe that (absent a clever hoax) it's beyond what a human could do with their hands....I agree with you re the Blair Witch comparison....in line tracks in the snow with a stride well outside of human norms (with no other tracks..or evidence of snow disturbance) is much more compelling circumstantial evidence to me....but what do I know?

Edited by clubbedfoot

Getting a strong smell from this one.

The whole 'gubment shut me down' reeks. Especially when the guy doesn't have a BF body in his freezer.

If this was genuine US policy then our research buddies would be getting regular visits from the MIB.

May lead to a certain channel getting a few more subscribers however.

Cynical? Moi?

Wow, really? I have only been into seriously into the Sasquatch phenomenon for about a year, yet I have heard Bob Garrett on Blogtalk shows at least a half a dozen times, he has been researching them since the 70's and I seriously doubt anyone in this Forum has even half as many encounters as he has had. If you actually listened to Bob, you would know he does NOT feel the need to prove anything to anybody. He has been harassed and targeted by the Fed's.

I'm as much of a classic arm-chair squatcher as there is- never seen or heard one, never been in the field looking for one. But what I have is the ability to apply critical thinking to peoples encounter stories and make a well-educated guess as if they are being truthful or not.

There are many, many more facts in Bob's Torn-up Camp report, that no one here has even mentioned  (feel free to go find them), but anyone accusing Bob of lying comes off as "smart" as accusing the Pope of being Jewish. And if your involvement in BF, is centered around attacking credible researchers in between reading BFRO reports, then I invite to expand you research...