salubrious

Was Bob Heironimus Patty? Pt 2

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^ Unless 'this lady' had direct contact with BobH or the forum... I say cool story bro...

Guest Bigfoothunter
On 11/4/2016 at 11:36 AM, Backdoc said:

Glass Eye:

Each human eye sees vision in both fields of vision.  Each persons experience with a health problem can be unique.  That all being said, I have to wonder about Bob H and the glass eye thing.

I talked to a lady who had a glass eye.  Talk about in her experience how hard it was to walk over ground out of fear of falling.  This does not mean her depth and other vision issues represent all people with a glass eye. It does tell us it can be an issue though.  The good eye sees primarily in one field and to a varying degree some of the other filed.

Have one eye certainly alters one's depth perception. I was watching a fellow I knew from school trying to drive nails while helping another friend of ours remodel an old farm house. He was 'pinging' nails all over the place as if he couldn't hit the nail head straight-on. I remarked that he was missing the nail head like a guy with only one eye  and out other friend spoke up and said, "He has only one eye!"  I asked, "How did you lose an eye, Marty?" Marty replied, "I was hammering nails without wearing in safety goggles."  Here is the kicker - the moron wasn't wearing any goggles still as if to be betting that lightening won't strike twice! 

Amazingly enough is that I know people who drive a car that have only one eye. I only know one old gal well enough to visit from time to time and her car has a good share of paint scrapes and dings in the bumpers meaning that depth perception certainly is an issue when having only one eye.

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^ Heresy... Anecdotes... Garbage...

SweatyYeti
2 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

Have one eye certainly alters one's depth perception. I was watching a fellow I knew from school trying to drive nails while helping another friend of ours remodel an old farm house. He was 'pinging' nails all over the place as if he couldn't hit the nail head straight-on. I remarked that he was missing the nail head like a guy with only one eye  and out other friend spoke up and said, "He has only one eye!"  I asked, "How did you lose an eye, Marty?" Marty replied, "I was hammering nails without wearing in safety goggles."  Here is the kicker - the moron wasn't wearing any goggles still as if to be betting that lightening won't strike twice! 

Amazingly enough is that I know people who drive a car that have only one eye. I only know one old gal well enough to visit from time to time and her car has a good share of paint scrapes and dings in the bumpers meaning that depth perception certainly is an issue when having only one eye.

Speaking of 'depth perception'....a few days ago, I put these 2 Cibachrome images together, as a 'stereo pair'....to produce a 3D look at the PGF subject...

pULSYa.jpg

There are a couple of methods for looking at this 'stereo pair' which will allow the brain to blend them together...and produce a legitimate 3-D view of Patty in the scene.

Here is an article which explains the viewing methods...

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/3d/view3d.htm

When this 'stereo pair' is blended, and seen in 3D....there are two specific areas where depth can be seen....the distance from Patty to the background trees...and the depth between Patty's right arm, and her side. (In F364, Patty's arm is swung outwards from her side...towards Roger, and the camera.)

One other note: Because the lower-arm is in two different positions in the two frames...when the images are blended, the lower-arm appears to 'flicker', somewhat.

Edited by SweatyYeti

PBeaton

SweatyYeti,

Cross eyed is pretty cool !  :drinks:

Pat...

SweatyYeti

^

Glad you can see the 3-D effect, Pat! :)

A few days ago, after re-reading the article I linked to.....I realized that in order for the 3D effect to be correct for the 'cross-eyed viewing' method....the order of the images needs to be reversed from the order I have them in....(in my post above.)

Here are the same images....but reversed order....(F362 on the left, F364 on the right)...

LMBRAI.jpg

If you view this 'stereo pair' image using the cross-eyed method, Pat....it should look more correct....(depth-wise)....than what you saw earlier. Patty's right upper-arm should appear to project towards you/the camera.

The first image I posted....(in my earlier post)....will give the proper 3D view using the 'Parallel Viewing' method.  That is the method I've been using. It works easier for me, than the 'cross-eyed' method.

There is another method for viewing 'stereo pair' images, that doesn't require any special focusing, or control, of the eyes. It is the 'stereo viewer' method...

qq3fEg.jpg

The 'stereo viewer' only allows each eye to see one of the images....so there is no special focusing required.

It's also how the popular Viewmaster 3D viewers work....they allow only one image (of a stereo pair) to be viewed by each eye. The brain then combines/blends the two images...and the depth information contained within the pair becomes visible.

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

Backdoc

^^^^

they had a whole show on tv focused on this method used by the US and Brits in Ww2.  Showed how this method was used to determine and make 3d map of areas of Europe as a poor mans spy satellite.  They did the best they could then lacking what we have now.  This method is sound.

BD

Edited by Backdoc

xspider1
On 11/15/2016 at 5:50 AM, SweatyYeti said:

The 'stereo viewer' only allows each eye to see one of the images....so there is no special focusing required.

Thx SweatyYeti, I'm gonna try that with my google cardboard tomorrow.  8  )

SweatyYeti

^

You're welcome, xspider. Sounds good. :)

I'll either buy, or make, a stereo viewer myself...and view the images that way, also. I think the resulting (blended) image should appear a little larger viewed through a viewer....because it will be filling the field of vision.

kitakaze
On November 15, 2016 at 8:50 PM, SweatyYeti said:

LMBRAI.jpg

Patty's midsection looks like an absolute train wreck. In particular the waist separation and buttocks are particularly glaring.

• Upvote 1

Guest Bigfoothunter
5 hours ago, kitakaze said:

Patty's midsection looks like an absolute train wreck. In particular the waist separation and buttocks are particularly glaring.

Based on your experience with hairy mid-sections and butts? 

PBeaton
14 hours ago, kitakaze said:

That's because your understanding of anatomy is on par with your understanding of tracks.

Image result for ryan reynodls shirtlessImage result for gorilla uprightImage result for Muscular GorillaImage result for Muscular Gorilla

• Upvote 2

Backdoc

Bob H claims to have put on and walked around in this suit. 

Here is a home movie made by Roddy McDowell of putting on the makeup for Planet of the apes in 1960's.

What we can learn from this is the following: 

There is no way if you asked Roddy McDowell about the suit or the process, he would be vague about it esp if he was trying to convince you that was him in the film.  RM would be able to tell you the process, what time of day they put on the suits, who was the makeup guy, who brought the coffee, and so on. They would even remember some nice assistant, was it hot, was it itchy, and so on.

It would be like saying to someone who played in an important sports game. Would we expect they could name the trainer, coach, assistant coach and so on.?  Of course we would. 

Bob H seems to talk so general about the suit.  If he wore it, he could tell us the details an even roughly draw it out. When a Morris suit appears years later, Bob H should have said, "That is not what the suit was like"  Bob H does not seem like a guy who wore the suit.

BD

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

Did BobH ever claim to have been filmed in Planet of the Apes?

Backdoc
1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Did BobH ever claim to have been filmed in Planet of the Apes?

^^^

No response on the BFF  has done a better job demonstrating missing the point than what we have just seen here.