TD-40

Patty The Conehead

TD-40

Someone explain to me how a suit would have included an anatomical feature such as a pointed head? Breasts have been discussed in detail which are not something you would create in a suit, either. A conehead is is NOT something that could have been included in developing a suit on a creature that few knew anything about even back then.

Breasts and a conehead... in a suit? Give me a break. There is nothing in this film that screams suit.

Excellent point! Even though most of Patty's cone head is hair, she still has a distinctively pointed head. Look at my avatar. I actually had to crop the cone head off. This is Patty's actual image with the facial features sharpened. There is no doubt that she had a cone head.

So why on earth would Roger give Patty a cone head? Did he know that sasquatches had them? Same with the mid-tarsal break and the double ball foot joint. Why would anyone create these features in a bigfoot suit in 1967 when surely they wouldn't be picked up by the camera? Was Patty's horse hide cone head intended to compliment her boobs?

Edited by Gigantofootecus

xspider1

Good question, TD.  Coneheads, shoulder pads, hip waders, diaper butts and weird fur lines do not make any sense at all (except in real life: ). 

post-131-0-28639000-1423462890_thumb.jpg

Not only that. Patty's cranium slopes back sharply yet her head is not oversized as in ape suits heads. There is simply nowhere for a human head to fit within Patty's.

Backdoc

When I look at Apes/ Gorillas on film and in person, to me they look very Patty like. I guess I should say the way Patty looks and moves is certainly very close to the way Gorillas look in the sunlight and movements.

This does not make Patty real. It does make it harder to fake.

Taking post #4 for example:    Patty looks more like the Gorilla seen in the middle of those pics.  The Bigfoot suit on the far right looks much more like an obvious fake.

When I am forced to watch America's Funniest Videos with the Kids, I am struck by how bad the video quality if when they feature video of the 1980's or early 1990's.  The edges are not crisp or sharp.  These videos don't seem any better in quality image wise vs the PGF of 1967.

Now people use the Iphone or whatever and they can have seemingly every detail down to the lint on someone's shirt.

Backdoc

Faenor

I'm not really sold on the skull shape given in munns book. Does anyone have a collection of head shots taken from all angles given throughout the film.

^

You don't really have to be. Patty still has a sharply sloped cranium and a cone shaped head.

TD-40

If anyone out there still thinks Patty was a suit worn by someone like Bob H., can I get your thoughts on this unique anatomical feature of a conehead? You really think they put that in the suit... especially way back then?

Faenor

^

You don't really have to be. Patty still has a sharply sloped cranium and a cone shaped head.

Yes I do!

At this point patty has a sharply sloped cranium and a cone shaped head or the mask does.

Bigfoothunter

Someone explain to me how a suit would have included an anatomical feature such as a pointed head? Breasts have been discussed in detail which are not something you would create in a suit, either. A conehead is is NOT something that could have been included in developing a suit on a creature that few knew anything about even back then.

Breasts and a conehead... in a suit? Give me a break. There is nothing in this film that screams suit.

Especially at a time when most academics believed a sagital crest was just a male characteristic. The term 'cone' is one that is seen when the crest is viewed at a particular angle. By the way - this gorilla was 5' 6" tall and weighed at 776lbs at the time of its death. his name was Phil and he had stopped eating two weeks prior to his passing.

phil6_zpsa226d040.jpg  phil5_zps947f2100.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter

kitakaze

Patty's head...

PattyTurningAG2.gif

Patty and Munns head top, Patty and Jeff Pruitt head bottom...

Bighead2.jpg

Chris Walas suit made for $150 at 23 years of age...

10854206_719189628179151_518066799876599

Chris Walas suit made for $150 at 23 years of age...

How come Chris Walas didn't turn that $150 suit into a sasquatch and shut the proponents up the heck up? He obviously had a lot invested in the PGF so why didn't he put his money where his mouth was and apply as much effort creating a Patty suit as pounding on his keyboard on the old BFF?

kitakaze

We're talking about cone heads which slope sharply. Walas did exactly that at 23 years of age.

What do you mean by a lot invested in the PGF? 

Many Hollywood FX artists had an interest in the PGF at the time. The Chambers connection made it a mystery and a call to arms for creature suit makers. Would Chris Walas have posted on a BF forum otherwise? Rick Baker was also a PGF freak! They all knew if was a suit because they refused to be fooled by a phantom competitor. Hence Stan Winston's brush off. Someone should make a documentary about Hollywood's connection to the PGF. Talk about a cult. Throw DFoot into the mix and the drama writes itself. :D

ETA: Just because Chris Walas made a monkey suit, what does that have to do with Patty? She wasn't a gorilla so why did Roger put a cone head on her? He must have thought a sasquatch had a cone head right? Where did that come from?

Edited by Gigantofootecus