TD-40

Patty The Conehead

Faenor

Patty's head...

Patty and Munns head top, Patty and Jeff Pruitt head bottom...

Bighead2.jpg

The Jeff Pruitt mask looks pretty close at least from those angles. The munns head looks odd maybe just cause there's no fur. How did he go about that design anyway it wasn't covered in great depth within the book?

SweatyYeti

To start with....in the montage, Bull Munns' model is not oriented correctly. Here it is rotated by 15 degrees...

Patty-Munns-Dfoot%20Head%20ShapeAG1_zpsf

Even though it still isn't a perfect match for Patty's head...it is closer to it. It corrects for one subtle distortion in kitakaze's graphic.

Here is a comparison I put together a while ago...comparing Bob Heironimus' head size with Patty's...

BobNOFitzPatty-AG5_zps9ee5lgub.gif

Given that scaling....(fitting Bob's head just inside Patty's)....Bob's 'body size' is significantly smaller than Patty's. His 'body height', and limb lengths are not even close to matching Patty's.

Just add 1 Football Helmet onto Bob's head....for 'good measure'....and you have yourself one 'impossible fit'. 

The animation....at half-size...

BobNOFitzPatty-AG5Small_zps1uwmohbg.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

We're talking about cone heads which slope sharply. Walas did exactly that at 23 years of age.

And it looks HUGE. It looks way oversized, unlike Patty's head.

Of course, the Wallace head had to be oversized in order for the actor inside to be able to wear it. This is what happens with all ape suit heads like that and something that doesn't happen with Patty. Her head with sharply sloped cranium etc is most definitely not oversized.

Edited by Neanderfoot

pinkmoon67

Is there any video footage of the Chris walas suit?

Bigfoothunter

ETA: Just because Chris Walas made a monkey suit, what does that have to do with Patty? She wasn't a gorilla so why did Roger put a cone head on her? He must have thought a sasquatch had a cone head right? Where did that come from?

Interesting point. In fact, Roger believed the Sasquatch creature was a type of human and yet it was experts who noted the ape-like features found on the subject in the film. It could be that regardless of any preconceived ideas about these creatures, like with most everyone else, the film itself put much of the speculation to rest - including Roger's. I still recall the description given by the Late Grover Krantz concerning Roger's seemingly lack of awareness of the points that Grover was trying to explain to him concerning the creature's prints (if I remember correctly)

So what is next - Roger purposely made a suit that would not agree with the idea as to what he believed thee creature to be? I'll file that suggestion in the same trash can as the hand-dug trackway claim.

kitakaze

Many Hollywood FX artists had an interest in the PGF at the time. The Chambers connection made it a mystery and a call to arms for creature suit makers. Would Chris Walas have posted on a BF forum otherwise? Rick Baker was also a PGF freak! They all knew if was a suit because they refused to be fooled by a phantom competitor. Hence Stan Winston's brush off. Someone should make a documentary about Hollywood's connection to the PGF. Talk about a cult. Throw DFoot into the mix and the drama writes itself. :D

Actually Chris Walas originally began examining the PGF hoping it was real.

She wasn't a gorilla so why did Roger put a cone head on her? He must have thought a sasquatch had a cone head right? Where did that come from?

You know that thing where Roger kept describing Bigfoot as "Abominable Snowmen of America" "America's Abominable Snowman"?

9299664.jpg 

250px-1954-lowres-JAJ-daily-mail-pangboc

You've got a man, you're putting him in a suit. You want to make that form as large and as inhuman as you can. You want it bigger and taller and to accentuate its nonhumanness. Cone head, like those abominable snowmen.

Roger Patterson's idea of bigfoot.

Roger's plagiarized idea of a female Bigfoot...

Mort-K%C3%BCnstler-Patterson.jpg

In human range and something which can be distorted from a human shape by adding things like a cone head, like those abominable snowmen of America he refers to Bigfoot as.

• Upvote 1

^

That is not Patterson's idea of bigfoot. As you said, he copied that from someone else, which was from the Roe sighting.

Not Patterson's idea of bigfoot. The top picture on this page is Patterson's idea of bigfoot. As is this.

51CfyLN%2B2SL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

Edited by Neanderfoot

kitakaze
 As you said, he copied that from someone else, which was from the Roe sighting.

And so much more...

Not to mention that that depiction he plagiarized the year before filming Patty comes with a description of an encounter that matches Patty nearly verbatim...

William Roe...

I could just see the top of the animal's head and the top of one shoulder. A moment later it raised up and stepped out into the opening. Then I saw that it was not a bear.

This, to the best of my recollection, is what the creature looked like and how it acted as it came across the clearing directly towards me. My first impression was of a huge man, about six feet tall, almost three feet wide and probably weighing somewhere near 300 pounds. It was covered from head to foot with dark brown, silver-tipped hair. But as it came closer I saw by its breasts that it was a female.

And yet, its torso was not curved like a female's. Its broad frame was straight from shoulder to hip. Its arms were much thicker than a man's arms, and longer, reaching almost to its knees. Its feet were broader proportionately than a man's, about five inches wide at the front and tapering to much thinner heels. When it walked it placed the heel of its foot down first, and I could see the grey-brown skin or hide on the soles of its feet.

The shape of this creature's head some-what resembled a *****'s. The head was higher at the back than at the front. The nose was broad and flat. The lips and chin protruded farther than its nose. But the hair that covered it, leaving bare only the parts of the face around the mouth, nose and ears, made it resemble an animal as much as a human. None of its hair, even on the back of its head, was longer than an inch, and that on its face was much shorter. Its ears were shaped like a human's ears. But its eyes were small and black like a bear's. And its neck was unhuman. Thicker and shorter than any man as I had ever seen.

Finally, the wild thing must have got my scent, for it looked directly at me through on opening in the brush. A look of amazement crossed its face. It looked so comical at the moment I had to grin. Still in a crouched position, it backed up three or four steps, then straightened up to its full height and started to walk rapidly back the way it had come. For a moment it watched me over its shoulder as it went, not exactly afraid, but as though it wanted no contact with anything strange. 

http://www.bigfoot-l...illiam_roe.html

Roger Patterson...

Patterson said the creature stood upright the entire time, reaching a height of about six and a half to seven feet and an estimated weight of between 350 and 400 pounds.

"I moved to take the pictures and told Bob to cover me. My gun was still in the scabbard. I'd grabbed the camera instead. Besides, we'd made a pact not to kill one if we saw one unless we had to."
Patterson said the creatures'(sic) head was much like a human's though considerably more slanted and with a large forehead and broad, wide nostrils.

"It's arms hung almost to its knees and when it walked, the arms swung at its sides."
- o -
PATTERSON said he is very much certain the creature was female "because when it turned towards us for a moment, I could see its breasts hanging down and they flopped when it moved." The creature had what he described as silvery brown hair all over its body except on its face around the nose and cheeks. The hair was two to four inches long and of a light tint on top with a deeper color underneath.

"She never made a sound. She wasn't hostile to us, but we don't think she was afraid of us either. She acted like she didn't want anything to do with us if she could avoid it." Patterson said the creature had an ambling gait as it made off over the some 200 yards he had it in sight. He said he lost sight of the creature, but Gimlin caught a brief glimpse of it afterward.

"But she stunk, like did you ever let in a dog out of the rain and he smelled like he'd been rolling in something dead. Her odor didn't last long where she'd been." 

http://www.bigfooten...es/firstpgf.htm

Amazing that two female saquatches should look so similar. What do you expect two female sasquatches to look like? One like a donkey and one like a giraffe?

Welcome to bigfootery. I can tell you what Patty doesn't look like. She doesn't look like this version of a female bigfoot drawn by Patterson.

Patterson+Bigfoot+Drawing.jpg

Faenor

Actually it has the flat top looking skull thing going on just like in munns recreation and the low breasts.

More on the breasts anyone know if it is common in bigfoot reports to describe lower than normal, human normal, breasts?

Edited by Faenor
  • Upvote 1

^

Are you serious? The breasts are as flat as a pancake and droopy. Down to the belly. Nothing like Patty's. And you said it, a flat skull. You could play pool on the top of it . Patty's isn't like that. That drawing Patterson made looks like some kind of hairy human cave person. It doesn't look like Patty. Has zero ape features.

kitakaze

And what do you think Patty's breasts are like?

Patty's breasts are not flat pancakey or really really droopy and they don't reach the near belly. That drawing Patterson made has flat pancakey breasts that really droop down to near the belly. Oh and a flat head.

This is brilliant.

Edit. I'll add that the breasts Patterson drew in the picture look like they have been deflated. Like an old ball that has been punctured almost flat.

Edited by Neanderfoot

kitakaze

His "old woman" illustration, you mean, which accompanied his "old man."  Like his "boy" and "girl". Not the Mort Kunstler illustration of the William Roe story from the Ivan Sanderson True magazine article which he plagiarized for his book in 1966, which began his Bigfoot obsession, the description of which he used verbatim for Patty...

kunroepattycompcopy.jpg

Once again, what do you think Patty's breasts are like? Not what they aren't like.

Edited by kitakaze