TD-40

Patty The Conehead

^

Um yes. I have been talking about the last drawing I posted of the flat head and the flat pancakey breasts. The drawing you refer to is not from Patterson's head. He copied it from Kunstler, who based it on the drawing of the Roe account.

When Patterson came up with his own drawings of bigfoot, they weren't like Patty. Patterson drew literally dozens of drawings of bigfoot. They don't look like Patty except the one he copied off Kunstler which came from Roe. That wasn't Patterson's. He copied it off 2 other people.

Not a surprise that a real sasquatch (Patty) looks similar to a very convincing report of another likely real sasquatch, and not much like the drawings Patterson himself had been making of such creatures.

Edited by Neanderfoot

Faenor

^

Are you serious? The breasts are as flat as a pancake and droopy. Down to the belly. Nothing like Patty's. And you said it, a flat skull. You could play pool on the top of it . Patty's isn't like that. That drawing Patterson made looks like some kind of hairy human cave person. It doesn't look like Patty. Has zero ape features.

Look at figure 9-02 in munns book. The pgf head has a flat top with maybe a 10-15 degree slope. Somewhat similar to pattersons drawing.

As far as the breasts I was talking about the location on the body not the fullness.

Real or fake patty qualifies as looking like a caveman person.

Edited by Faenor
  • Upvote 1

Actually Chris Walas originally began examining the PGF hoping it was real.

But after Chris Walas was convinced it was a suit, why didn't he whip up a suit of his own and be the FX guy who debunked the PGF? The PGF obviously had the attention of his peers in Hollywood so why didn't any of them put a feather in their cap with a killer recreation? Whose to say Chris Walas or Rick Baker didn't attempt to recreate the PGF and failed? None of them would ever have admitted to that. Stan Winston would have fired their sorry arses.

You've got a man, you're putting him in a suit. You want to make that form as large and as inhuman as you can. You want it bigger and taller and to accentuate its nonhumanness. Cone head, like those abominable snowmen.

I agree, if Roger designed the suit then that would be his thought process. But you're getting close to special pleading. You're assuming it's a suit which Roger designed as a bigfoot with a cone head. Your next documentary should be called "Getting Inside Roger's Head".

Roger's plagiarized idea of a female Bigfoot...

In human range and something which can be distorted from a human shape by adding things like a cone head, like those abominable snowmen of America he refers to Bigfoot as.

Or..just maybe Roe saw a female bigfoot too.

Edited by Gigantofootecus

roguefooter

Roger Patterson's idea of bigfoot.

Actually Roger had a class for that one- the Giant Hairy Ape

According to his drawing he believed Bigfoot was a bit smaller and about in proportion with Canada's Sasquatch.

o8xm4k.jpg

roguefooter

His "old woman" illustration, you mean, which accompanied his "old man."  Like his "boy" and "girl". Not the Mort Kunstler illustration of the William Roe story from the Ivan Sanderson True magazine article which he plagiarized for his book in 1966, which began his Bigfoot obsession, the description of which he used verbatim for Patty...

His description was hardly "verbatim". There were similarities but not even close to being the same.

Roger's description was nearly a foot taller, nearly 100 pounds heavier, with hair several inches longer.

Given that they were supposed to both be female Bigfoot one would expect a similar description and behavior. No?

Take a look at these reports:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/bigfoot-casebook.htm

You'll find many of the same traits listed including several with silver-tipped hair, flat nose, no hair on the face, female with breasts, etc.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Backdoc

But after Chris Walas was convinced it was a suit, why didn't he whip up a suit of his own and be the FX guy who debunked the PGF?

This is the big point when we are talking about Walas.  It's put up or shut up.  Walas is all talk.

I remember when football player Jim Brown boasted as an old retired player he could still beat  Franco Harris in a footrace.   How did they solve this?:

They actually had race!

----------------

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. AP — Former Pittsburgh Steeler running back Franco Harris defeated former Cleveland Brown running back Jim Brown in the 40-yard dash Friday to win a two-day competition.

The televised contest, called "I Challenge You," evolved from Brown saying on national television last year that he could beat Harris in the dash.

Harris, 34, was clocked in 5.16 seconds. Hampered by a hamstring injury, Brown, 48, finished in 5.72 seconds. Although each participant won two of four events, Harris won the overall title because he took the dash.

"Franco beat me fair and square," said Brown, who grabbed his left hamstring during the dash. "I don't have any excuses."

-----------------

So where is Walas attempt to make a suit?  What does it say when there is no Walas suit.

Backdoc

Backdoc

Rogers bigfoot in post #25 looks nothing like an ape. Looks more like a nice man with saggy chest.

I have read roger thought go bigfoot being more like a human creature than an ape based creature.

Patty looks all ape-like.

I have said before the bigfoot drawing in post #25 from Rogers book looks more like Festus off the show Gunsmoke. Looks more like Hollywood homeless bum than anything ape like.

Look at figure 9-02 in munns book. The pgf head has a flat top with maybe a 10-15 degree slope. Somewhat similar to pattersons drawing.

But you yourself said earlier in this thread that "I'm not really sold on the skull shape given in munns book."

So its quite evident that you don't think Munns got it right.

I thought we were taking about Patty herself and how her head is compared to Patterson's flat top drawing. Why bring something else into it that you clearly don't even think is a correct representation.

Patty doesn't have a flat top.like in Patterson's drawing. She has a sloped cranium that goes into a cone shape at the top. Whether that is hair or not is another discussion, but you can't play pool on top of her head.

Rogers bigfoot in post #25 looks nothing like an ape. Looks more like a nice man with saggy chest.

I have read roger thought go bigfoot being more like a human creature than an ape based creature.

Patty looks all ape-like.

I have said before the bigfoot drawing in post #25 from Rogers book looks more like Festus off the show Gunsmoke. Looks more like Hollywood homeless bum than anything ape like.

Yes. Patty looks far more apelike than anything Patterson himself came up with. Especially the skull shape. Patterson seemed to think they were more like massive hairy Neanderthals.

Actually Roger had a class for that one- the Giant Hairy Ape

According to his drawing he believed Bigfoot was a bit smaller and about in proportion with Canada's Sasquatch.

Anyone know if Patterson thought they were in North America or was is something he thought was elsewhere? If he made a distinction between bigfoot and giant hairy ape, then what reports did he correlate with the giant hairy ape and not bigfoot? Do you know?

Faenor
But you yourself said earlier in this thread that "I'm not really sold on the skull shape given in munns book."

So its quite evident that you don't think Munns got it right.

/quote]

All I said was it matched munns skull design. Both have a flat topped head. One is a drawing one is an artistic recreation neither are are exactly what is seen in the film.

I asked if anyone had more head shots because I'm not sure exactly sure if his design is accurate or how he came up with it. I have not seen overwhelming support for it.

Backdoc

Once again, what do you think Patty's breasts are like? Not what they aren't like.

The 3 pics you posted: 

-- One is of a hairy creature story with the result an Ape looking thing with bowling-pin breasts. 

-- The ones in the middle are a realistic looking ape like creature available to view via source material.  This weak image does not define the total image to consider. We can look at better images and don't need to dumb these down to try to compare them.  The movie and the functioning motion it offers tells us more than this still pic. 

-- The third pic shows an Egyptian Mummy looking thing looking more like a statue in an museum than anything Patty. The story has nothing to do with Patterson anymore than a bank robbery years ago has to do with getting your liquor store robbed years later.  Both guy had gun, so it must be the same guy. 

These images are similar in that they all have 2 arms and 2 legs. 

Now if the point is to show what ROGER PATTERSON thought Bigfoot would look like, look that Roger's drawing out of his book on post #25.  Don't look at an unrelated account from someone else and their drawing. 

This is about as bad as saying "Wallace had nothing to do with the tracks at Bluff Creek but Roger someone was inspired by him to fake tracks."  <---------  No evidence whatsoever.

Why the desperation to link Patty to this material in these books?  Look at what Roger thought.

Care to put up a pic of Patty and a pic of Roger's Pre-Bluff Creek drawing from post#25 so we can compare? Let's show everyone what Roger thought compared to Patty side by side. 

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

PBeaton

Here's another look...

Pat...

post-279-0-20594900-1424142818_thumb.jpg

Backdoc

^^

Thanks Pat!

Backdoc

The leg and back of the Kuntsler drawing look exactly like patty. Im a believer in the Pgf but little things like this make me wonder.

All I said was it matched munns skull design. Both have a flat topped head. One is a drawing one is an artistic recreation neither are are exactly what is seen in the film.

Well that's cool then.

kitakaze

Bigkunstler.jpg

The leg and back of the Kuntsler drawing look exactly like patty. Im a believer in the Pgf but little things like this make me wonder.

Progress.