Rex

Have Any Of These Been Discussed?

Rex

I did a search for the basic terms here and didn't find anything.

was wondering if any of these have been gone over.

OKBFFan

Has this one been discussed?? Never mind it probably has. Deleted

Edited by OKBFFan

Probably hoaxed, but why isn't Mark Anders 10 times more popular than Todd Standing?  Anders' videos are way more convincing than anything Standing has produced.  

If Anders used that same costume in poorer quality videos, taken from a distance, I would be totally fooled and way more inclined to believe them.  I wonder why he hasn't made a video that is more ambiguous if all he's after is hits on Youtube...

DWA

Mark Anders?  Gone over.  Crap.

When uncertain blurry follows uncertain blurry, with zero backstory and zero compelling reason to believe that's an unidentifed animal...next!

(As if that's not enough:  the constant pressure to SUBSCRIBE! is a flaming red flag.)

Edited by DWA

Cisco

That second video is very well made and the costume quality is incredible. In fact, it looks like the costume used in the second video is different than the one used in the first and third videos. It's actually the best costume I've seen and the body mass is exactly what you would expect to see. If the video was shown to me, without bias, I would probably believe it to be real.

roguefooter

^The only real problem I see with the costume is at the arm joints. You can clearly see the separation of the back/arms. It looks like the upper back is too padded, making it bulge out where it's supposed to meet the arms.

Rex

^^ Not seeing it.. draw some red circles could ya..

On the other threads..  people were saying it was a "Figure" placed in some plants.. yeah thats it!

now that it is moving.. well its a costume.. which is it?

has anyone even bothered to research this anymore to see if they can come up with the original footage?

There are a whole lot of videos out there that are clearly fakes..  big time and they stand out like a turd in a punch bowl.

these however have many of the hall marks that you folks here like to toss out there.. the "shin rise". . .  the way its feet bend,  hell I can see the traps moving as it walks.. look at the calves, they move as well.

this guy must have one hell of a budget to make a "costume" that does all this.

Plainly stated..  nothing said thusfar has convinced me these aren't exactly what he says.

try harder?

Cisco

All of the figures filmed certainly have the mass and muscularity associated with Sasquatch descriptions. I also see the muscle definition mentioned in a prior post.

However, I find it strange that the face is never shown. This guy manages to get great video of different Sasquatch but never a frontal view?

If these are real then Mark Anders is the best there is in filming Sasquatch. However,, he has not done a good job in convincing people it's real. Otherwise, he'd already have reached a much wider and larger audience and would no longer be pandering for YouTube likes....

roguefooter

^^ Not seeing it.. draw some red circles could ya..

On the other threads..  people were saying it was a "Figure" placed in some plants.. yeah thats it!

now that it is moving.. well its a costume.. which is it?

You do realize that different people have different opinions don't you? One person says figure, one person says costume.. Is that confusing somehow?

has anyone even bothered to research this anymore to see if they can come up with the original footage?

There are a whole lot of videos out there that are clearly fakes..  big time and they stand out like a turd in a punch bowl.

these however have many of the hall marks that you folks here like to toss out there.. the "shin rise". . .  the way its feet bend,  hell I can see the traps moving as it walks.. look at the calves, they move as well.

The only research I need is the guy's YouTube channel which has a dozen videos of the same figure walking around the same terrain and calling each video a different state. Then there's all the Bigfoot joke videos he's put up with the same costume and his joke websites. I don't think the guy could make it any more obvious without actually stating it's a hoax. If you need harder evidence than that then you should probably be the one looking for it.

this guy must have one hell of a budget to make a "costume" that does all this.

Plainly stated..  nothing said thusfar has convinced me these aren't exactly what he says.

try harder?

Try harder to do what? I'm not here to convince you, I only state my opinion. Love it or leave it. I already know that there are people here who will believe it's real even if a price tag is hanging off of it.

I've also never understood the "budget" argument. People do have money out there. There are actually a lot of people that have a lot of money to make a nice costume if they wanted.

Edited by roguefooter

roguefooter

Looking at all his videos I'm beginning to lean in the direction that this is all CGI.

The Komodo Dragon videos are CGI, the Megalodon, etc. He shows in a lot of his videos that he clearly has extensive CGI skills and even a 3D model of Bigfoot. That's probably why the Bigfoot in his videos only seem to move a few frames at a time.

Notice at the beginning of this video he has an exact 3D model of the female Skunk Ape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewg7JaKLZK4

I found this video showing that Mark Anders works for Adobe:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/max-2011-design/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-adobe-edge/

..and used to work for Microsoft:

http://www.markanders.net/sample-page/

Edited by roguefooter

mesabe

I'm not possitive that it's the same guy, but I'm pretty sure it was here that I read about him. But it could have been a different site. It was several yrs. ago, that he was a special effects type guy, well versed in CGI and modeling. The videos were supposedly promos, used to sell his skills to different studios, etc. If I recall there was another video that sums it all up, claiming he wasn't trying to hoax, but they went viral, and got it out of hand. As far as subscribing to them, I guess I don't know what to think. CGI used to be fairly expensive, someones gotta pay for it. lol

Cisco

Great research Roguefooter, this explains how realistic the figure looks in the videos. It has everything you'd expect to see and I assume an expert in Photoshop and CGI can do some good work with a realistic model.

Rex

I'm not possitive that it's the same guy, but I'm pretty sure it was here that I read about him. But it could have been a different site. It was several yrs. ago, that he was a special effects type guy, well versed in CGI and modeling. The videos were supposedly promos, used to sell his skills to different studios, etc. If I recall there was another video that sums it all up, claiming he wasn't trying to hoax, but they went viral, and got it out of hand. As far as subscribing to them, I guess I don't know what to think. CGI used to be fairly expensive, someones gotta pay for it. lol

I'd like to see that. If it was the case and it is out there I am sure someone has brought it here before.

Great research Roguefooter, this explains how realistic the figure looks in the videos. It has everything you'd expect to see and I assume an expert in Photoshop and CGI can do some good work with a realistic model.

I wouldn't jump on that train too fast..

"research" is only good if it is factual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Graphics

I know Jim Clark.. very well..  I also know how long it takes to compile realistic CGI, considering Clark invented the acceleration engines that made CGI possible, I know a bit about CGI as well.

I also know he has millions to work with.. well factually Billions, Silicon Graphics anyway.

so yes.. top tier CGI done with this much skill takes large amounts of money.. if these are actually videos.

"an exact 3D model of the female Skunk Ape"

Ya .. OK.  Exact eh..

"I found this video showing that Mark Anders works for Adobe"

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Mark/Anders

"and used to work for Microsoft"

IF the first assumption is factual.

Just sayin....

• Upvote 1

MarkGlasgow

Mark Anderson has been creating these vids for a while now. He's obviously reinvesting his clicks cash into better suits and tech.

I'm sure he catches out newbies and the gullibles just like Todd did when he was charging for folks to watch his Sylvanic vids.