Thoughts About Munns' Book - " When Roger Met Patty " (2)

Backdoc

The mask thing is similar to the breast issue addressed in WRMP.  People may say Bill did not test bags of sugar, jelly beans or whatever.  Bill tested the materials available at the time of the PGF mostly likely used to manufacture the breasts on Patty. 

This is the same thing with the mask.  We can say, "well, a head can fit in there is you used some as of yet unidentified magic material to do it." 

That is where we are.  I do think the issue of 'can a man fit his head in there in a functional way' is a really big deal only if he cannot. If he can, it may be real or a hoax for other reasons.  The fact a man could does not make it a hoax it just makes a hoax theoretically possible.  If a man cannot, it makes a hoax impossible.

Backdoc

Guest pinkmoon67

The mask thing is similar to the breast issue addressed in WRMP.  People may say Bill did not test bags of sugar, jelly beans or whatever.  Bill tested the materials available at the time of the PGF mostly likely used to manufacture the breasts on Patty. 

This is the same thing with the mask.  We can say, "well, a head can fit in there is you used some as of yet unidentified magic material to do it." 

That is where we are.  I do think the issue of 'can a man fit his head in there in a functional way' is a really big deal only if he cannot. If he can, it may be real or a hoax for other reasons.  The fact a man could does not make it a hoax it just makes a hoax theoretically possible.  If a man cannot, it makes a hoax impossible.

Backdoc

spot on .....people tend to forget that a lot of materials available today would not have been available in 1967 and to me the mask question could be the thing that proves beyond doubt that patty is genuine.
SweatyYeti

They're really very different types of analysis, Backdoc. :)

The 'breast movement' analysis is a qualitative assessment....while the 'head shape/size' is a quantitative assessment....(it's simply a matter of geometry).

Backdoc

^^^^

No doubt. I am just saying those who do not like Bill's Patty chest conclusions will just come up with a long list of exotic things Bill should have used.  I call it the IF ONLY thinking.

"IF ONLY you could have used a bag of sand, then a man could build breasts like patty"

It is the IF ONLY application taking place here with Bill Munns head/mask fit analysis.   "IF ONLY the mask was made out of rubber from the Acme company, it would fit a person's head"

I have noticed the skeptics will propose some other possible material and then magically assume it worked in some fashion. They then take that as fact it did work that way without ever attempting to build it and test it.

So back to the mask.  We never hear exactly what materials or methods are being offered by those who doubt Bill's Mask demo.  (and they forget why Bill made it the way he did in the first place. Bill clearly has elite skill to make an ape mask if he wanted to produce an animal).  They will say, "IF ONLY you used <some unidentified method and mystery material> then I just know the result would be what I want it to be."

That is what we hear, and that is the thinking behind it.

We should all agree if Roger did a hoax then he or someone helping him would still have to make a patty mask that:

1) Used materials from 1967 era or sooner

2) the result would have to fit a human head operating in  functional way into the size found on the film.

We could do that same things with the arms length and bending points or other aspects of the Patty figure.

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

When I chose to describe my background, I strated with my film school experience, which began in college. I did graduate from Hollywood High School, class of summer 1966, and our graduation ceremony was held in the Hollywood Bowl (a Hollywood perk). It was not intentionally left out of the book so much as not intentionally included, because nothing about it seemed to be relevent to my PGF research (as compared to my college film school education which prepared me to analyze the PGF as a filmmaker).

Thanks for the openness Bill.

In my unauthorized biography, I can describe your education as "High School Graduate, and Film School Graduate, PGF Expert, Bill Munns."

Just kidding, I'm not writing a biography. :)

Bill, when doing your work on the Patty head, what did you come up with as the diameter, Anterior to Posterior of the head?

Thanks.

Don't have a measurement handy. Sorry.

On the High school thing, I think I did reference some of my high shcool years in describing my science education, which was in High School,

Guest pinkmoon67

I think Mr Munns will be first person to acknowledge that he isn't Americas answer to stephen Hawkings but a person who knows about the type of cameras used in 1967 and also a person who has an extensive knowledge of what special effects were available in 1967 I can't think of a better person to give an unbiased opinion of a film from this era that is widely believed to contain a special effect so to have a go about his academic qualifications is a bit low and deflects from the real question here CAN A HUMAN HEAD FIT INTO PATTYS AND THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!.

Backdoc

Bills credentials ideally suited for the study of the PGF are clear in the first few chapters of WRMP.

Backdoc

Hollywood High alumni are a veritable "Who's Who" of successful and learned former students, with Nobel Prize winning physicists and Surgeons General and prominent political figures not to mention the myriad of legends in the entertainment industry and peripheral fields.

Degrees and the letters Phd don't matter a jot to the skeptic when bona fide professors have them and support the notion of bigfoot so why does it matter what Mr Munns has or doesn't have after his name?

How many Phds have there been supporting the existence of bigfoot? A number of them. What does that mean to the skeptic? Absolutely nothing.

SweatyYeti

^

Very true, Neander. :)  

Skeptics may ask for scientific verification that Patty was a real Sasquatch...but, as soon as any scientists verify, or endorse some piece of evidence favoring it....their findings become "worthless", since that scientist is now deemed to be a "Bigfooter" by the Skeptic. 

Also, regarding a 'PhD', or special training....neither are required, to discover details on Patty which are either difficult or impossible to exist on a 'man-in-a-suit'. :)

Don't have a measurement handy. Sorry.

On the High school thing, I think I did reference some of my high shcool years in describing my science education, which was in High School,

Right, I know you talked about high school, but never mentioned that you graduated.  I should have assumed that since you graduated from Film College, you did have a High School Diploma, I just wasn't sure if it was from Hollywood High.

Did you estimate the size of the skull using a specific measuring technique?  Could you measure the mask that you built and be confident that that measurement is equivalent to your estimate of the Patty skull?

• gigantor unlocked this topic