Thoughts About Munns' Book - " When Roger Met Patty " (2)

SweatyYeti

Vectors In three dimensions are needed. Also what happens with the assumption of shoulder pads and or arm/hand extensions.

Maybe you've already done that I don't know. I've seen several pictures demonstrating the impossibility of bob or a human in the suit. On the skeptics forum I've seen pictures showing the opposite. Sorta like everything bigfoot I guess believe what you will.

There is no reason to assume/think that 'arm extensions' were worn, Faenor. Instead, there is reason to think there could not possibly have been any extension of the lower-arm...

PattyF310-Matt-ArmComp11_zpsribjgjgj.jpg

Extending the length of a person's lower-arm cannot possibly result in an arm which appears abnormally proportioned in the opposite direction to the 'human norm'.  One thing is for certain...the PGF subject was not wearing any arm/hand extensions.

So, without the wrist/finger joints being falsely extended....we need to find ourselves a 'modern human' with wrist and finger joints in these locations...

RightHandWristBendAG2_zps8fzic1id.gif

F61-F307FingerBendRotatedAG3.gif

th_F302-F303FingerBendingAG1.gif

.....or, we have found ourselves a Sasquatch. :)

Edited by SweatyYeti
Guest Bigfoothunter

On the skeptics forum I've seen pictures showing the opposite. Sorta like everything bigfoot I guess believe what you will.

I have never seen anything on a skeptic forum offered in the way of scaling that impressed me. And some of those skeptics believe Heironimus told the truth about being in a suit in the PGF - and yet Heironimus stated that he slipped his hands into a glove, which in turn eliminates the use of extensions. And if there were extensions .... we can see where Patty's joints bend so where would a human in a suit show his or her arm bends. This is one of the reasons I say that their position on arm extensions has not been thought through very well.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
SweatyYeti

And if there were extensions .... we can see where Patty's joints bend so where would a human in a suit show his or her arm bends. This is one of the reasons I say that their position on arm extensions has not been thought through very well.

There couldn't have been any extension of the "actor's" arm length, Bigfoothunter.

See my post above, for a quick explanation. At some point, I will post a more thorough analysis on the issue of 'arm extensions'....(in the 'Patty Arms and Hands' thread.) :)

Guest Bigfoothunter

There couldn't have been any extension of the "actor's" arm length, Bigfoothunter.

I have seen your post and agree 100% with the impossibility of the use of arm extensions.

In comparing the two pictures the bodies are in a different arrangement. The comparison appears account for only two dimensions. Pattys body is perpendicular to bobs. Do bobs elbows lie in the xy plane with his chest or do they extend outside of it. When your hands are in your pockets don't your elbows extend a bit behind your abdomen. Vectors In three dimensions are needed. Also what happens with the assumption of shoulder pads and or arm/hand extensions.

Maybe you've already done that I don't know. I've seen several pictures demonstrating the impossibility of bob or a human in the suit. On the skeptics forum I've seen pictures showing the opposite. Sorta like everything bigfoot I guess believe what you will.

You could mount Bob and Patty on flagpoles (as oriented in my graphic upthread) then they could be spun about a common Z axis. That was the whole point. IOW, you could slice them both with a Samurai sword horizontally thru their eyes and shoulders and the pieces would be the same thickness. IOW, that's how I located the top of Patty's humerus and estimated her shoulder joint. IOW, I assumed she was Bob H. Any objections to that?

Photogrammetry coverts 2D vectors into 3D vectors, which is how you measure foreshortening. The secret is to measure body parts that are equally foreshortened. You can do this with a surrogate such as an adjustable mannequin or Bob H. Surely you don't have a problem with Bob H being the surrogate?

SweatyYeti

I have seen your post and agree 100% with the impossibility of the use of arm extensions.

Glad to hear that, BFH... :)

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Found this interesting video showing a modern suit.  This video of a gorilla suit (modern) shows many things being discussed on this thread in action.  Maybe helpful to the discussion.

https://youtu.be/R0Dr3Z5-W9w

Backdoc

Guest pinkmoon67

Found this interesting video showing a modern suit.  This video of a gorilla suit (modern) shows many things being discussed on this thread in action.  Maybe helpful to the discussion.

Backdoc

The heads so oversized unlike pattys.
Backdoc
BFF Donor

^^

Agreed. 

While this is not designed to be a Patty suit, it does show with the latest methods some of the principles Bill Munns has talked about in WRMP.  I think the baggy legs are a bit of a give away. 

Backdoc

You could mount Bob and Patty on flagpoles (as oriented in my graphic upthread) then they could be spun about a common Z axis. That was the whole point. IOW, you could slice them both with a Samurai sword horizontally thru their eyes and shoulders and the pieces would be the same thickness. IOW, that's how I located the top of Patty's humerus and estimated her shoulder joint. IOW, I assumed she was Bob H. Any objections to that?

Photogrammetry coverts 2D vectors into 3D vectors, which is how you measure foreshortening. The secret is to measure body parts that are equally foreshortened. You can do this with a surrogate such as an adjustable mannequin or Bob H. Surely you don't have a problem with Bob H being the surrogate?

Have you done this assuming shoulder pads and hand extensions? If your sure of your work you should post your results on he skeptics forum to see what hey make of it. I'm not arguing the results I don't know enough about the software or what's involved just curious.

^I've had monumental tussles on the skeptic's forum already regarding all this stuff. I was Odinn on the old JREF. Have a look, I destroyed them! ;)

Shoulder pads and hand extensions are irrelevant. Overlay Bob H on Patty and use him as a ruler to estimate where the shoulder joints, elbows and wrists are inside the suit. That is, if you can actually match them up. And if Bob H was in the suit, then it should be a snap, hand extensions and all. The problem, however, is that pesky elbow joint is beyond Bob H's maximum unforeshortened reach. I guess Sweaty was right after all. :) The "elbow reach" ultimately exposes Bob H as the BSer glory seeker that he is. Cut from the same cloth as Morris. Otherwise, they're both great guys! ;)

ps most Smileys in 1 post! :)

Edited by Gigantofootecus
Guest pinkmoon67

A monkey suit with shoulder pads will look just like a monkey suit with shoulder pads .

^^

Agreed. 

While this is not designed to be a Patty suit, it does show with the latest methods some of the principles Bill Munns has talked about in WRMP.  I think the baggy legs are a bit of a give away. 

Backdoc

I agree totally I do think the oversized head issue on monkey suits will resolve this issue
SweatyYeti

^I've had monumental tussles on the skeptic's forum already regarding all this stuff. I was Odinn on the old JREF. Have a look, I destroyed them! ;)

Shoulder pads and hand extensions are irrelevant. Overlay Bob H on Patty and use him as a ruler to estimate where the shoulder joints, elbows and wrists are inside the suit. That is, if you can actually match them up. And if Bob H was in the suit, then it should be a snap, hand extensions and all. The problem, however, is that pesky elbow joint is beyond Bob H's maximum unforeshortened reach. I guess Sweaty was right after all. :) The "elbow reach" ultimately exposes Bob H as the BSer glory seeker that he is. Cut from the same cloth as Morris. Otherwise, they're both great guys! 

ps most Smileys in 1 post! :)

Nice post, Giganto... :)

I especially like the smileys....and, of course, the use of the term "elbow reach". ;)

• gigantor unlocked this topic