Thoughts About Munns' Book - " When Roger Met Patty " (2)

kitakaze

Long said himself in the book that when he first asked Heironimus if he participated in the PGF - Heironimus denied it.

He denied being in a film which we know for a fact he was in...

Rider1scans.jpg

Lund-Horsemen+in+Yakima.JPG

The reason he initially claimed ignorance to Greg Long about the film he was in was because he was protecting himself and his friend sitting next to him there in the wig who lives only nine doors away from him.

This is something you could not make up if you tried. The only person ever to make a public claim of being Patty was not only actually in Roger's Bigfoot film, he lives literally shouting distance from Bob Gimlin.

I forget her name at the moment, but he also wrote about a woman who overheard Heironimus, her husband(?), and another individual sitting around and talking about coming up with a story to sell for $$$.

Her name is Denise Coffey. Greg Long did not write about her. You wrote about her...

You citing William DeHollander's story is not a direct conversation. It's William DeHollander telling you what Denise Coffey told him she heard - Textbook hearsay...

On what hearsay is...

In general the witness will make a statement such as, "Sally told me Tom was in town," as opposed to "I saw Tom in town," which is direct evidence.

William DeHollander told Bigfoot Hunter that Denise Coffey told him she overheard Bob Heironimus devising a hoax claim.

In the example explained above, William DeHollander did not "see Tom in town." DeHollander claims "Sally told me Tom was in town."

There has since surfaced some evidence that explains how Bob Heironimus came up with the idea to say he was the guy in a monkey suit in the famous Patterson/Gimlin film of 1967. I recently had spoken to a man named William DeHollander who had some information that seemed to explain the true motive behind Heironimus's claim. It seems that DeHollander's wife worked at Central College University and had become friends with a woman named Denise Coffey. When William had first heard that an unnamed Yakima man was saying that he was involved in the Patterson/Gimlin film taken at Bluff Creek in 1967, DeHollander asked Denise if she had heard the story coming out of Yakima? (William had known that Denise was from Yakima and maybe had already heard about this mystery man.) Denise looked at William DeHollander and rolled her eyes and said you must be talking about Bob Heironimus.Denise went on to tell William that her husband (Neil), Bob Heironimus, and Barry Woodard use to sit around at her house and drink and tell stories.Denise had heard the guys laughing and going on how funny it would be if Heironimus told everyone that he was the guy in a monkey suit in the Bigfoot film that Roger Patterson shot in Northern California. They talked about how much they could sell such a story to the “Sun†newspaper for. The Sun is a type of tabloid newspaper and the price Denise remembered them talking about getting was $50,000. DeHollander placed the time of Denise telling him about Heironimus at nine years ago. Denise's story truly explains why Heironimus wanted to discuss talking to his lawyer before doing an interview with Greg Long.

- Bigfoothunter

Of course the the person reading Bigfoothunter was not there. Bigfoothunter was not there. William DeHollander was not there.

http://sasquatchresearch.net/billmiller.html

roguefooter

The reason he initially claimed ignorance to Greg Long about the film he was in was because he was protecting himself and his friend sitting next to him there in the wig who lives only nine doors away from him.

That's a nice story, but there is nothing factual about him 'protecting Gimlin'.

The guy claimed ignorance and then later recanted when he decided to make money off of his story.

Edited by roguefooter
kitakaze

There the undeniable fact that Heironimus and Gimlin were friends, including the time when Long first came prying into Heironimus' past...

"I know Bob. He's been a friend of mine for a long time, but as far as I'm concerned, he was not there that I know of, and I don't think he was there at all. And he probably tryin' to make a buck. These guys are coming out of the wall saying the've been in a suit down in Norrthern California."

"I'd say the story Bob has come up with is pretty far-fetched as far as I'm concerned. You know, I've confronted Bob on that. I've said, 'Hey, what's going on?' But he won't talk about it. We're still friends. He just lives a little ways from me. I've worked with him and I've done things with Bob. I've rode horses with him. But this thing he's telling all the people around that he was in a suit in Northern California, it kind of just don't make sense to me."

"I used to trust Bob a lot, but then lately him and the whole family kind of prevaricates. They think things. You know, I don't make statements against my friends or neighbours, but this thing is kind of out of proportion as far as I'm concerned."

The fact that attorney Barry Woodard confirmed Heironimus was trying to protect both himself and Gimlin is evidenced that Heironimus would admit nothing, even being in Roger's Bigfoot film, until he was assured that Al DeAtley would have no legal recourse against him for him to make his admission public and that he first did so anonymously.

kitakaze

I've stated many times that I have had the same experience as Heironimus when I was in the military where I perceived a gray parade square to be blinding white. There is also the fact that Heironimus just like any normal person can have his memory legitimately confabulated by seeing the film. This happens all the time.

As for his mention of the dry creek bed, it is insignificant in actual context...

"We took the horses and the suit up the road to the place they had picked out for the filming. Got off the horses.

We looked around there to check to see if anybody was around. Listened for any cars coming up the road, and heard nothing. So we went and right there, they put the suit on me. Told me to go across here this dry creek bed" Bob Heironimus - Jeff Rense radio interview, March 1, 2004

So is he talking about being asked to cross the creek to where he will do his walk, or is he talking about doing the actual walk which was in fact on a dry creek bed?...

film-sight-001.jpg

We don't know if it's the former or the later and we can't force it to have the context we want. If Heironimus is going to be ninja and study the film and the accounts of Patterson and Gimlin to try and pretend he was there where his friends and his horse were there, why then go and make blatant contradictions that are easily preventable by a cursory viewing of the materials and widely published accounts? Patterson on a grey mottled horse, Gimlin and him on his horse Chico and no white pack horse? For that matter why bother with an earlier timeline? There's no logic in doing that if he's simply trying to make up being the man in the suit. If Heironimus is tailoring his accounts to fit those of Patterson and Gimlin, he's doing really basic things that run completely contrary to that.

Edited by kitakaze

Right.  So not-sharp that he is *just* the guy you want to stay on and keep plying until he says what you want him to say.

If Bob H.  is the pillar of your argument...well, I mean, you didn't have one anyway, but wow.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

I've stated many times that I have had the same experience as Heironimus when I was in the military where I perceived a gray parade square to be blinding white.

Kit,

As I read it, you have not said which MONTH your blinding experience occurred in (I might have missed it in our past back-and-fourths).  I would suggest it was in the summerFall light is not "blinding" by any means.

Can I ask you this a few Q:

1)  Was this 'blinding light' you experienced happening in October when light is not blinding or a different month?

2)  If someone had asked you to prove you were there at this base with the basis for this was the color of the concrete, would you answer it was white?

3)  Did you get down into a hole made of this same material at this base and then mistake it for 'white' when it clearly was not?

4)  Is there anyone right now you served with in those days who would claim the base parade ground was 'white' or 'white as snow'

Thanks

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc
Backdoc
BFF Donor

^^^^

Thanks for the answer to question #1. 

Backdoc

kitakaze

Kit,

As I read it, you have not said which MONTH your blinding experience occurred in (I might have missed it in our past back-and-fourths).  I would suggest it was in the summerFall light is not "blinding" by any means.

Can I ask you this a few Q:

1)  Was this 'blinding light' you experienced happening in October when light is not blinding or a different month?

2)  If someone had asked you to prove you were there at this base with the basis for this was the color of the concrete, would you answer it was white?

3)  Did you get down into a hole made of this same material at this base and then mistake it for 'white' when it clearly was not?

4)  Is there anyone right now you served with in those days who would claim the base parade ground was 'white' or 'white as snow'

Thanks

Backdoc

2 - If someone asked me to prove I was at that base 20 years ago, I'd likely be unable though I'm sure records must be kept somewhere. I do not have decades of seeing footage of that parade square to contaminate my memory, but can not remember seeing it as anything other than blinding white, even though I was on that parade square countless times when it was not in bright sunshine.

Likewise, Heironimus can have his memory most imprinted by the moment when he was with the mask on, worried about being shot, or equally by years of seeing the film on TV. Human memory is very malleable so to fixate Heironimus remembering the creek bed as being white is rather weak.

3 - Bob Heironimus said the hole was from the root system of a downfall tree and in the shade. We know such things were at Bluff Creek. Claiming to jump into a hole for cover and to get out of the heat is not something I have an issue. By his own admission, he was rather freaking out after being claustrophobic and overheated. I might jump for cover if I were in the same situation. It wouldn't change my memory of seeing something as white anymore than any of the days I was on the parade square which weren't sunny.

4 - I know of no one I could ask about that parade square. I would not need to. I can find plenty of images of Bluff Creek in October in which the sun is sufficiently bright to make the creek bed look white...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0NQO-VZJJUc/UPijQgbmlAI/AAAAAAAAE0E/yIKgqOyW5W8/s1600/Bluff+Creek+Camera+1.jpg

Really not something that justifies over-fixating.

You do understand people can have totally different perceptions of colour, yes?

59654598.jpg

grid-cell-27374-1425109617-12.jpg

SweatyYeti

kitakaze wrote:

3 - Bob Heironimus said the hole was from the root system of a downfall tree and in the shade. We know such things were at Bluff Creek. Claiming to jump into a hole for cover and to get out of the heat is not something I have an issue.

When the Film ends, Patty is approaching the gravelly area near the creek itself. There are no large trees growing in the rocky ground, beside the creek.  Heironimus made-up a detail which is clearly false.

Also, Bob H had "all morning, and into the afternoon" to notice that the color of the ground at Bluff Creek was a medium gray....rather than "as white as snow". 

Guest Bigfoothunter

I can find plenty of images of Bluff Creek in October in which the sun is sufficiently bright to make the creek bed look white..

Your statement is full of beans. Its like you have never been to Bluff Creek in October. And was it not the sand that Heironimus said was white - I do not remember ever reading where he said the creek was white.

And by the way - Bob H. said he stepped down into a hole that would allow him to be cooler and out of view from hunters. I have seen overturned trees in that area and the holes were not two feet in depth, but let us say they leave holes that are three feet deep .... when does stepping into a hole three feet deep offer relief from the heat if you are inside a fur monkey suit - It wouldn't!

Nor would it hide you from any hunters.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
  • gigantor unlocked this topic