Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Thoughts About Munns' Book - " When Roger Met Patty " (2)

Backdoc

^^^^

We have all had conversations with people discussing some location or activity. You can always tell someone who's actually been in that location versus someone who's just bluffing their way through it.

I was once around the guy who pretended he was a golfer when he wasn't. He was discussing golf with someone who has been a golfer and for some reason just wanted to seem like he was actually a golfer when he was not. The real golfer asked this phony about local golf courses and different conditions on those local golf courses. It was pretty obvious when anything beyond a cursory detail was needed the story crumbled.

Bob Hieronimus stating that Bluffcreek was "white as snow " is an example of this. Not knowing certain locations and distances Bluffcreek is another. Also you couldn't hear on his radio interview how he is scrambling about this detail of the glass in the right eye. So much of his story when he talks is just agreeing with whatever lifelines the questioner is throwing him so he sounds more authentic.

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc

Drew

The simple reality is when the film image data supports a specific conclusion, all the gossip, anecdotes, and fuzzy recollections are unnecessary, and if they contridict the film image data, those stories are wrong.

since you brought up 'reality', let us venture there for a few lines.

There is no scientific data supporting the existence of a Bigfoot.

No fossils, no biologicals, no genetics.

The film is of a questionable nature, it in no way trumps the overwhelming lack of scientific data that shows there is no such creature in existence.

• Upvote 1

Guest DWA

Hieronymous lost me at "dead red horse."  Could he think of something *less* likely?

Squatchy McSquatch

^^^ Wrong book.

Have you read When Roger Met Patty?

Guest DWA

Dunno.  Hum a few bars.  Promise to tell you when Rugman's done.  Not a day before.

Edited by DWA

Squatchy McSquatch

Me: Have you read When Roger Met Patty?

DWA: Dunno, hum a few bars.

Classic aversion.

This thread is about the book published by Bill Munns, entitled When Roger Met Patty.

A book you clearly have not read.

• Upvote 1

Guest DWA

Wait a minute.  At least I know *what it says.*  As you don't know that Patty's authentic, you may have the person who hasn't read that book wrong.  Speculation.

I would acknowledge that it must be frustrating encountering the sort of interaction I always have with bigfoot skeptics.  I wanted to try it on for a while.

So, um...read that book.  OK?

Edited by DWA

Squatchy McSquatch

DWA I don't know or trust you from a hole in the ground but I will UPS you MY Signed copy of WRMP.

I already drew in it . You can draw in it too.

But I want it back.

In case you can't read between the lines I will loan you my book.

This is my way of telling you to read up. Free book.

Or you go back on ignore tomorrow. Time zones can be an ugly thing.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 2

Guest DWA

Some Ignore I'm good with.  (OK I take it back.  All.  My internet experience is that the people who don't ignore me are the worthwhile people.  Not so much from my standpoint as from the community's standpoint.)  If you didn't get the clear conclusion of that book...which I know....and which you don't...you wasted that money.  Shoot.  I could think of getting it free as an investment that hasn't borne fruit yet.  I mean, if I, you know, hadn't read it.

Edited by DWA

DWA I don't know or trust you from a hole in the ground but I will UPS you MY Signed copy of WRMP.

I already drew in it . You can draw in it too.

But I want it back.

In case you can't read between the lines I will loan you my book.

This is my way of telling you to read up. Free book.

Or you go back on ignore tomorrow. Time zones can be an ugly thing.

The book is very good. But there isn't too much in it that hasn't be discussed or shown elsewhere online by Bill Munns except for more details on specifics so in actual fact unless a person would want to discuss semantics or specifics that has never been discussed online (feel free to bring them up as you wish) then DWA by following various website discussions and conferences doesn't actually need to have read the book to agree with Munns or know where he is coming from. Munns had, what, 7 years of online and film free opinions and discussions??

You make it sound like if you haven't read the book then you can't possibly follow the jist. That is not correct. The basic contents of Bill Munns book have been freely shared and discussed on the internet for years. The book just goes into more detail on specifics, plus other details not relevant to the subject of the PGF, such as Bill Munns' past. 

And yeah I speak as somebody who owns a copy.

Guest DWA

The book is very good. But there isn't too much in it that hasn't be discussed or shown elsewhere online by Bill Munns except for more details on specifics so in actual fact unless a person would want to discuss semantics or specifics that has never been discussed online (feel free to bring them up as you wish) then DWA by following various website discussions and conferences doesn't actually need to have read the book to agree with Munns or know where he is coming from. Munns had, what, 7 years of online and film free opinions and discussions??

You make it sound like if you haven't read the book then you can't possibly follow the jist. That is not correct. The basic contents of Bill Munns book have been freely shared and discussed on the internet for years. The book just goes into more detail on specifics, plus other details not relevant to the subject of the PGF, such as Bill Munns' past. 

And yeah I speak as somebody who owns a copy.

This.  Count on bigfoot skeptics not to know that virtually the entire contents of Munns's book have been in the community for years.  He just packaged them in one easy to find location, a definite service to the community, including everyone who has actually *read* the book, Squatch.

Never mind that some of us have been long aware of arguments made by directly relevant scientists about the film long before Munns's analysis, something against which Munns simply closes the loop in the other direction.  So now we have:  experts showing what would be virtually impossible to fake; Munns showing that they're right.

And the skeptical *cricket* chorus, as regards actual evidence.

Edited by DWA

^^

Yeah and I don't actually see any discussion of Bill Munns actual book to be honest. I can't remember the last time, for example, somebody wanted to discuss chapter 9 paragraph 3 or whatever.

The people who keep saying you should read the book aren't actually discussing the book but are discussing people who haven't read the book. What the heck is that all about?

kitakaze
Maybe something to do with the only in Bigfootery hilarity that the one doing the most chastising about reading Bill's book has in fact not themselves read it...

Proper conversation. A simple yes or no any time you are ready...

'DWA' said

^^^Actually, the whole answer is in this, um, book, by, you know, this Munns guy, which by the way have you read.

http://bigfootforums...-60#entry867088

'DWA' said

Nakani:  this is No Proof On Personal Schedule Disease.

Two cures are available:

1.  Read Bill Munns's book;

2.  Get a general grounding in the sasquatch evidence.

No problem.  Pro bono.

http://bigfootforums...e-7#entry857659

'DWA' said

Dude, I could write a review of that book that would leave you with no doubt that I read it.

http://bigfootforums...-35#entry862223

'DWA' said

^^^All I can say is:  Bill Munns.  Required reading.  But your last sentence is right.

http://bigfootforums...e-7#entry812996

Have you read the book by Bill Munns When Roger Met Patty?

Yes [  ]           No [  ]

• Upvote 1

kitakaze

^^

Yeah and I don't actually see any discussion of Bill Munns actual book to be honest. I can't remember the last time, for example, somebody wanted to discuss chapter 9 paragraph 3 or whatever.

Chapter 9, paragraph 3...

In this chapter, I will be making comparisons with the human body, often in the nude, and often a body which is not “centerfold quality†meaning a body that is not young and physically well toned and proportioned. Our culture has been deluded by the media obsession with “perfect bodies†and so we rarely see the realities of human anatomy that are “honest†(sometimes aged, wrinkled, with pockets of adipose tissue such as fat, cellulite , etc.). But any responsible comparison of Patty to human anatomy requires we consider these “honest†bodies, because if she is biologically real, her body likewise would be more “honest†and less perfect.

Munns, William (2014-07-24). When Roger Met Patty (p. 257).  . Kindle Edition. 

Patty's hairy missiles are nothing like that of an older woman's.

Missiles? What are you talking about? Is that another of your 'facts'?

Sign in to follow this