Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

Guest lightheart

I agree LCB.

Maybe a good idea would be to take one aspect of behavior and have those with experience in that aspect chime in. We could then look for data that is consistent from a variety of witnesses and compiile that into some rough conclusions. I think that this is how we forum members could help each other and maybe make some small contribution to the field itself.

good idea..   if  the reports listed are genuine , putting those pieces of the puzzle ( along with your heads ) together may just reveal patterns otherwise missed.

validation may be the hard part in that .

good luck with those efforts if done , pooling resources just might pay off .. as long as those involved aren't trying to out do or beat each other to the finish line , so to speak.

You know we all have done this already from reading vast numbers of eyewitness accounts,

consistencies both in physical descriptions, and behavioral descriptions appear as you

read more and more accounts. One of my favorite descriptions is the stare that makes you

turn or look away, as well as the swaying back and forth. Behaviorally I find it most interesting

where they are seen, almost always coming closer to humans, even if on a trail in the forest,

they are the ones approaching us. If they choose they can avoid us entirely and never be

seen, but for some reason at times they are simply unafraid. Patty seemed to be caught by

Bob and Roger, or was she simply diverting them away from her young, seems to me she was distracting

them away from something. Like hey guys follow me, I cannot seriously think that she was

caught that much by surprise. If this were the case then the NAWAC would have already harvested

a type specimen, but no, they truly can avoid us when they choose that option. I think most

road crossing involve them toying with humans as well, often waiting till your close enough

to see their massive frame and stunning agility.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest lightheart

Could be helpful to put some of these experiences into a rough format though....Just an idea...For example, swaying as a behavior. Any members personally witnessed this? What are some thoughts about when and why they do this?

SSR Team

BobbyO, you have done a Yeoman’s job of tracking Bigfoot migration and are probably the best authority to ask, have you noticed any interesting anomalies with recent droughts of California in so far as migration is concerned?

Secondly, what if any migration patterns do you see in the Michigan Midwest area?

Lake County Bigfoot, you are doing a fine job and are asking all the right questions my friend, thank you .... 

Must admit Gumshoe, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to geographical areas and generally only focus on WA.

I do want to further though in the future, when time allows.

So to answer your question, unfortunately none to both.

Bigfoot Report

June 1931

Long Island, New York

A dozen members of the Nassau County Police Department, armed with shotguns, were assigned today to search the woods in the neighborhood of Albertson Square for an ape-like animal that has been terrorizing residents in the vicinity. It was last seen this afternoon by a number of boys playing baseball at Devon Avenue and I.U. Willets Road. According to the boys, the animal, about 4 feet tall, and whose brown chest was covered with hair, attempted to climb over the improvised backstop, where George was playing catcher. At the sight of the animal, all  ball players screamed, attracting attention of a passing motorist. He hurled bricks at the animal, which escaped into the woods. About a week ago two women reported to the police that they had seen it. Last Saturday another reported that she had seen it. Laborers employed at Lewis & Valentine’s nursery also declared that had seen the animal about ten years ago. In no instance, however, has the animal attempted to  molest anyone.

Source: New York Times, June 30, 1931 p2

Was 1931 Long Island, New York Urban?

This is one of the earliest examples of urban Bigfoot that I can locate thus far. It was a case where a creature probably driven by curiosity more than anything else but how would I know, wanders to far away from its habitat and onto city streets of Long Island. There is much to see, the hustle and bustle of people things to see, crowded streets and everything just one big world of wonderment.

Now, just to put it in perspective Long Island, New York is an island large enough to contain two counties. According to Wikipedi, it is home to 40 percent of New York's population. During the 1930s when the above incident allegedly occurred there were approximately 4.5 million (million) people living there.

Today at present there is about 7 million. Imagine for a moment if you will,  a four foot hairy juvenile ape-like child wandering into the city streets and in total amazement sees neighborhood kids playing a game of ball. Within minutes the beastly juvenile is being chased out of Dodge by throngs of Bowery Boy type misfits heaving bricks and bottles at it until it flees. My friend if this isn't an early example of urban bigfoot experience then I don't know what is .... all said in good humor of course.

Edited by Gumshoeye

I can imagine that happening to anyone wandering out of their neighborhood...  just look at soccer crowed behavior.

I can picture something of short stature being able to get quite far into a city's limits.

Caught a glimpse of something that I could only describe as a small coyote in my backyard then it ran across to a neighbor's and round some houses.  I'm over a mile from the city's edge and then farmland and no neighborhood dogs alerted to it.  How much do people pay attention to their dog barking for a very short time at something that just moves on to the next yard and out of site and the dog quiets down. 

I believe they use trees alot more than people think. How many people are actually looking up in the trees when looking for BF? Not many i bet. This may be a way into urban areas which aids them in avoiding detection.

Paraphrased:

Nestled between two bays Milton, Florida is also home to a large Naval Air Station in Santa Rosa County.  A short drive west and a few minutes later you are the across the Escambia Bay and in the Pensacola metropolitan area.

Therefore, last month in February a mother is baking a birthday cake for her 7-year-old son in her Milton, Florida home when she reported a home invasion...

Went into the bathroom to take care of business but while in there she smelled something terrible.  She knew it was not her but quickly thought about the gas stove or maybe the heavy copper metal smell mixed with brackish salt water for those living near the ocean. Maybe rotten eggs or wet dog smell she thought. Whatever it was, it was powerful and it was in her house while she was in the bathroom.

She leaves the bathroom enters the kitchen and screams when she sees a “Monkey† bent over sniffing and poking her son’s birthday cake … Thinking it was prank yet, she is still watching it, she noticed pieces crumbling onto the floor…

It turns and looks at her with a human face and she screams! She screams so loud her son hears her screaming and runs to her aid, steps inside, he takes one look and sees the big “Monkey†with a human face and now all three are screaming ….   

Source: February 23rd, 2014, Cryptozoology News

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gumshoey, once again, nice posts.  It never ceases to amaze me how much gold is out there for the digging.

I really want to get into the Microfilm of my County and area Newsprint.  I bet there is a history of sightings and

encounters going back to it's settlement. 

Today I spent a good four hours researching areas in Southern Wisconsin.  I am looking for a research area where

I can go and count on Squatch being in the vicinity.  My backyard seems very cyclical and short duration visitations,

I have not locked down the pattern, only it seems to be July - November, and somewhere around once a month I was

able to document some activity.  The Kettle Moraine topography, with some better stands of conifers, is seeming to

become my focus, unless I can find a Cedar Swamp that far south.  I like some of the marsh and bog areas near Lima

Marsh Wildlife Refuge, and also Bong Recreation Area, no pun intended.  If anyone has any ideas I am very open to

discussing my plans and my approach to this research.  I am really hoping that the area I discover will allow for year

round research as my summers are very booked.  I do think there is a year round population that is capable of sustaining

itself in that region, and maybe even my backyard visitors retreat to such areas.

Guest lightheart

LCB

I do think it is possible to find areas where they remain year round. Here in Florida I think that is the case.

They do seem to move their bedding spots from place to place every 3 to 4 weeks. I am thinking that moon cycles could be a factor that determines some of their actions. I may start taking a few notes to see if there is a pattern. I have been visiting my area for one full year now and I am certain that at least some of them are around all the time.

I had the most activity during the summer especially July and August. This could have something to do with mating during those months. There was a strong urine smell on their tree during this time that was very notable on several occasions this summer. Also there was a very strong female in heat odor one morning with urine on a bunch of trees. I have no idea what to make of that and I didn't think it wise to revisit for about a week to 10 days.

Sometimes wish I had a research partner when the spooky stuff happens. I just listened to my gut which said it was time to go to the car.

LCB, when you get a chance, would you slip over to the: Monroe Talks.com  website

Go to Your Talk

Go to Monroe History

Go to Monroe Monster Bigfoot Lurking pg 21

Take a look at the thing peeking around the tree and tell me in your words what you see. Would you do that please?

Sorry I have not been back for a little bit, frustrated with the forums, but I did look at the picture you

mentioned above, the figure is obviously a Sasquatch figure, whether it is real of superimposed or placed

in the photo image I can not tell. It could be genuine, but it looks suspect because the figure seems to

be off the ground, but yet not really needing to cling to the tree in any obvious way. I certainly could be

wrong, but that is my first impression.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

One thing I learned real quick with this thing LCB, don’t let it bother you. In the wider scheme of things it doesn’t matter, you are here for those you enjoy chatting with and those willing to learn with you….

On topic now, I also learned that few will see exactly you or I see. If you (I) what they see their responses are interesting and varying.  I know it was not hoax, but I am at loss as to what it is because it didn’t quite resemble the orthodox Patti picture that we in the Bigfoot world know so well. I know it was not hoaxed, because I was there when it was taken and you can bank on that.

So I thought about it, and then I did some more thinking and reading.  Then it dawned on me that, I think the explanation of what I saw was best described as T4 (Type 4)

Type 1 Big Patterson “Patti†type specie with square teeth as in the photo

Type 2 Big as t1 but with large canine teeth

Type 3 Ape-like with protruding face, canine teeth, as big as t1, often referred to as dogman

Type 4 Big with more human facial features without as much hair as those above

Edited by Gumshoeye

I do think there is a year round population that is capable of sustaining

itself in that region, and maybe even my backyard visitors retreat to such areas.

I think you're right on. I can't recall, did you record during the summer months? I've only been doing this regularly for a few months, but already the volume of data is becoming an issue. It's like potato chips, though, so will keep at it.

I've had a busy couple of weeks, the recordings done during my travel week were pretty much a bust, although I need to go through them again. In one promising area, the wind was 20+ mph, then I ran out of memory. I've recorded some interesting sounds since I returned. A few nights ago, in a recording that includes coyote vocals, there is something unlike the coyotes a couple hours previous to them. Higher pitched, and only two separate sounds, then a nearby dog going off. If you'd like to hear them, maybe I can add a clip later. Exciting perhaps only to me, lol.

• masterbarber locked this topic