Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

Last year we had a problem with wild boars coming into our yard, rooting underneath the oak trees. Sometimes they would show-up 8 at a time. I was once charged by a female while shooting targets at the Oviedo glider field, so I know how brazen these animals can be. I saw 3 babies running left, and mama came directly for me! I was too far from my truck to run for it, so I had no choice but to take a knee, and defend myself. I hit her with at least 5 rounds of 9mm para, and she didn't even break-stride! The last round must have hit her in the right spot, because broke left to the wood line, not 4 feet in front of me. If she had got me... :(

Lesson: Never go into the woods with anything less than a .357 Magnum. 

My point is, is that if wild boars (which are extremely smart) are brazen enough to enter into populated areas, why would a superior animal not? I was in the bathroom one evening, and something on two feet ran across the roof of our home! There was no mistaking the sound. Whatever it was dented the top of the cap on the back of my pickup truck, and also bent the gutter. The end of a gutter spout looked like it had been stuck into a disposal! Why anything would rip apart an aluminum gutter spout, I have no idea? I can't think of any known animal in the area that could do that.

Several weeks later, I went outside (2:00 am) to put garbage bags into the can. Just before opening the lid, I heard the creepiest sound that I have ever heard in my life! It was so loud that my fiance heard it inside of the house (at the far end), with the TV on. The security light activated, and an arm came from the back of the tree, and then a face emerged! I have lived in Florida since 1974, spent many nights in Ocala National training as a member of the Florida National Guard, and I have never seen an animal like the one I saw that night.

I followed its shoulder - to the elbow - to the wrist - to its hand... That's right, it had four fingers and a thumb, which it was using to hold onto the tree. The skin on the face was black, and were the hands. The hair was light brown. It remained frozen, staring at me. I took one step toward it, then another, but it didn't move an inch. This was a positive indication that I needed to keep space between me and it. I wanted to move around to get a look at the back, but I didn't know how it would react. I decided to go into the house to get my fiance, but by the time we made it out, it was gone. I could clearly see that it had pointed ears, somewhat of a snout, and a canine type nose. I looked through all know animal species in Florida, but nothing matched what I saw that morning. It did not look threatening, but it didn't look "happy" either... Its movement into position was eerily intelligent! Not at all what one would expect from a wild animal.

I'm going to have to assume it was (is) some kind of exotic pet that had gotten loose. I've been looking for visual match to what I had seen, but have not yet found anything that matches-up. The closest I have found is a Lemur.  

The sound that it made before it emerged from behind the tree sounded like someone crumbling paper in front of a microphone, accompanied by a whistling sound. Stopped me in my tracks! I've never heard anything like it. 

It very much sounds like you saw an escaped lemur. How similar is the call about half way through this video?...

Florida lemur reserve...

http://www.lemurreserve.org/myakka.html

Last year we had a problem with wild boars coming into our yard, rooting underneath the oak trees. Sometimes they would show-up 8 at a time. I was once charged by a female while shooting targets at the Oviedo glider field, so I know how brazen these animals can be. I saw 3 babies running left, and mama came directly for me! I was too far from my truck to run for it, so I had no choice but to take a knee, and defend myself. I hit her with at least 5 rounds of 9mm para, and she didn't even break-stride! The last round must have hit her in the right spot, because broke left to the wood line, not 4 feet in front of me. If she had got me... :(

Lesson: Never go into the woods with anything less than a .357 Magnum. 

My point is, is that if wild boars (which are extremely smart) are brazen enough to enter into populated areas, why would a superior animal not? I was in the bathroom one evening, and something on two feet ran across the roof of our home! There was no mistaking the sound. Whatever it was dented the top of the cap on the back of my pickup truck, and also bent the gutter. The end of a gutter spout looked like it had been stuck into a disposal! Why anything would rip apart an aluminum gutter spout, I have no idea? I can't think of any known animal in the area that could do that.

Several weeks later, I went outside (2:00 am) to put garbage bags into the can. Just before opening the lid, I heard the creepiest sound that I have ever heard in my life! It was so loud that my fiance heard it inside of the house (at the far end), with the TV on. The security light activated, and an arm came from the back of the tree, and then a face emerged! I have lived in Florida since 1974, spent many nights in Ocala National training as a member of the Florida National Guard, and I have never seen an animal like the one I saw that night.

I followed its shoulder - to the elbow - to the wrist - to its hand... That's right, it had four fingers and a thumb, which it was using to hold onto the tree. The skin on the face was black, and were the hands. The hair was light brown. It remained frozen, staring at me. I took one step toward it, then another, but it didn't move an inch. This was a positive indication that I needed to keep space between me and it. I wanted to move around to get a look at the back, but I didn't know how it would react. I decided to go into the house to get my fiance, but by the time we made it out, it was gone. I could clearly see that it had pointed ears, somewhat of a snout, and a canine type nose. I looked through all know animal species in Florida, but nothing matched what I saw that morning. It did not look threatening, but it didn't look "happy" either... Its movement into position was eerily intelligent! Not at all what one would expect from a wild animal.

I'm going to have to assume it was (is) some kind of exotic pet that had gotten loose. I've been looking for visual match to what I had seen, but have not yet found anything that matches-up. The closest I have found is a Lemur.  

The sound that it made before it emerged from behind the tree sounded like someone crumbling paper in front of a microphone, accompanied by a whistling sound. Stopped me in my tracks! I've never heard anything like it. 

It very much sounds like you saw an escaped lemur. How similar is the call about half way through this video?...

Florida lemur reserve...

http://www.lemurreserve.org/myakka.html

Could be, but the eyes on what I saw looked like large black marbles. It was awesome looking! It didn't appear to be intimidated by me at all. It moved into position to see who/what I was? The lights were directly on this thing, which btw activated BEFORE he moved into position. Is that not odd for a supposed wild animal? 

Edited by 67Mopar

There is a great amount of variation in the colouration of the various kinds of lemurs, tarsiers, bushbabies, lorises, etc. It is very possible for you to have seen a light brown lemur with eyes like black marbles.

kt-vol-2-10-lemur.jpg

You may want to report that sighting as their may have been a missing animals from somewhere like the preserve I linked to earlier.

Edited by kitakaze

I have e-mailed the zoo manager at the Myakka lemur reserve that Kit linked to above concerning 67Mopar's sighting. I'll give an update here with any response I receive.

There is a great amount of variation in the colouration of the various kinds of lemurs, tarsiers, bushbabies, lorises, etc. It is very possible for you to have seen a light brown lemur with eyes like black marbles.

kt-vol-2-10-lemur.jpg

You may want to report that sighting as their may have been a missing animals from somewhere like the preserve I linked to earlier.

It may very well have been. The face was totally black, but it did not appear to be hair, rather black skin. Same with the hands. I know that raccoons (if rabid) will lose their fear of humans, but this was no raccoon. At least not one that I've ever seen, and I have seen literally hundreds of them.

I'm going to place a game cam near the tree... Hopefully he/she will come back. I'm thinking that whatever it is, was waiting for me to put the garbage out, or maybe I'd give it some food?

I did not find a single scratch or claw mark on the tree, but then the crux is not that far from the ground. It's the sound that it made that is so baffling to me. I've never heard a sound like that from any animal, and I can't even imagine any animal being able to make such a sound. 

Edited by 67Mopar

I have e-mailed the zoo manager at the Myakka lemur reserve that Kit linked to above concerning 67Mopar's sighting. I'll give an update here with any response I receive.

May of this year.

Edited by 67Mopar

Some months back, I looked outside to see something black laying in the yard. I went out to see what it was, and found that it was a large black cat. As soon has it saw me, it started moaning! I didn't want to touch it for obvious reasons, so I went to the garage to get some gloves. When I went back out, it was pulling itself toward the tool shed, dragging its hind legs. It pulled itself about 2' under the shed, and would hiss at me when I got near it. I decide to call Animal Control. When my fiance told me that they would put it to sleep, I decided to call them back to say it had left the property.

I thought that if there was a chance to save it, I was going to try. I assumed it had been hit by a car, since it and no movement in the hind legs. I got a box, placed a nice thick blanket into the box, and grabbed him. He had eyes like I'd never seen! They were the color of those old glow-in-the-dark Super Ball's from the 1970's. Like a whitish-green color. My fiance arrived home, and was amazed by his eye color as well! She's a bonafide cat lover, and said that she had never seen or heard of a cat having eyes like this one did. 

I loaded him into the truck, and took him to an emergency veterinary clinic. It was a male that had been neutered, so he was once someone's pet. The nurse said the same thing about the eyes, and also said that its teeth were uncharacteristically long. It was so cool, because I could tell that he knew I was trying to save his life. He looked up at me, as though he was saying "thank you!" :) 

Unfortunately, the issue was not with his legs, but his kidneys. The doctor said that there was no way to save him, so I let him put him to sleep. I couldn't help but cry like wussy! It was like we had just lost one of our own animals... My fiance jokes that the word it out! If you need help, go see Mopar! :) 

Glad to see Incorrigible1 back on the threads!!! It is really not a matter of how tall the cover is in Nebraska, the sandhills serve as a form of cover if a creature of this sort were to venture out of the river valleys, most or all of the sightings I know of occurred near a river, and that fits the bill. I do not believe these creatures are roaming the sand hills in daylight, they probably retreat back to the cover around the rivers. Obviously I am only talking about a very few individuals and only in the dark, then it is absolutely possible for them to move around freely in the open spaces, and I dare say track down coyotes and whatever else is available, or they may just hang along the rivers and wait for the action to come to them, it is simply hypothetical and entertaining thought, I am open to the possibility.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

The creature by the tree, sounds like your right about a possible escaped pet, does not really seem to describe a juvenile Sasquatch, but maybe you will get some further experience to put it all together. I am still trying to prove to myself... not anyone else... what I heard in 2013, and that desire to have confirmation of that experience, or to find out something else made those sounds, well that is the torture of not having seen what I heard. It is almost as if I cannot let go till I have that answer, and that is the only reason I have for being anywhere around the bigfoot world.

The creature by the tree, sounds like your right about a possible escaped pet, does not really seem to describe a juvenile Sasquatch, but maybe you will get some further experience to put it all together. I am still trying to prove to myself... not anyone else... what I heard in 2013, and that desire to have confirmation of that experience, or to find out something else made those sounds, well that is the torture of not having seen what I heard. It is almost as if I cannot let go till I have that answer, and that is the only reason I have for being anywhere around the bigfoot world.

What did it sound like? 

Your description of pointed ears as well as a protruding snout is what leads me to not think Sasquatch, but

without seeing what you saw I have no idea, you certainly saw something unusual and not easily identifiable, but perhaps a lost or abandoned lemur or some exotic specie. I am always surprised to hear something I never heard, and coyotes can almost make humanish sounds, I guess you have to try recording to capture it as well. Sending a vocalization to an expert could solve the mystery, and that is part of my method of determining what I heard, although I warn you it is vastly time consuming to try and prove anything of this variety. It would not at all surprise me if you have Sasquatch activity on your property, sometimes our perception during such times is altered, I have jumped the gun on several occasions, not that you are doing that in this case, only that I suggest you approach the matter skeptically until proven otherwise.

I never thought "Sasquatch" at any time. I couldn't tell what it was, which is why I went to get my fiance. The look on its face was one of pure curiosity, I would say. We stared at each other for at least 5 minutes, and it did not move a single mm! It looked like someone had placed a stuffed animal in the crux of the tree... That's how still it remained. Even as I stepped toward it, it made no movement. No eye blinking, nothing. 

Edited by 67Mopar

That is not typical of any animal I am familiar with, especially the lack of eye movement, could you hear breathing? perhaps describe

it in the greatest detail you can, I am very curious to attempt to identify it as well.

On the general topic, Urban Bigfoot...I will be starting a forum in the research forums area starting in November, I will consolidate as best I can the information I have contributed to this thread concerning the Chicagoland area. My real hope is to find other researchers near metro areas with the same desire to gather data on the movements of these creatures near populations, how their habits differ in such locations, and what can be learned overall about the creatures from this data. Seeing that many cities were built on or near river systems I suspect many will have sightings around them based near the rivers.

• masterbarber locked this topic