Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

The BFRO representative tells me that reports are frequent from the area but not always worthy of putting on the BFRO site, he is pretty much limiting reports to actual sightings and physical evidence like prints, vocal encounters are not being listed.  That being said my recordings this fall so far reveal nothing, which is actually interesting because it shows that the previous ones were not simply common sounds of the area.  I continue recording on the calmer nights and will wait and see, Also I am on my last week of work at the golf course so time will be in my favor come November, expect me to post here often then.  I hope to hold a local town hall of sorts at our VFW, and if possible get Stan Courtney to speak,  That is all for now on the Midwestern front.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

I don't understand what's so hard to believe about "urban Bigfoot." The dated idea that Bigfoots are these super rare creatures that only live in remote areas of the Pacific Northwest just isn't true. In my experience any many others, Bigfoots live right next to humans and neighborhoods. I had a group that literally lived a few feet in the thick woods behind a col-de-sac.

• Upvote 1

I believe it's so hard to believe due to the lack of non-anecdotal proof. How would a Bigfoot exist so close to civilization without being noticed? Also, an even bigger question to me is why?

I believe it's so hard to believe due to the lack of non-anecdotal proof and lack of logic as to the "why". How would a Bigfoot exist so close to civilization without being noticed? Also, an even bigger question to me is why? I can only assume a BF would only choose to live near civilization if it needed to scavenge. This would indicate a sick or injured BF that could not properly hunt or gather on it's own, I believe that what BF do exist would not be anywhere near an urban environment even if in the worst of situations. The extremes they go to in order to remain hidden would not be thrown out the window just to live a bit longer by exposing themselves to an urban environment or else we'd have had a body long ago via a shooting, hit by a vehicle or simply finding one dead of natural causes.

• Upvote 3

I don't understand what's so hard to believe about "urban Bigfoot." The dated idea that Bigfoots are these super rare creatures that only live in remote areas of the Pacific Northwest just isn't true. In my experience any many others, Bigfoots live right next to humans and neighborhoods. I had a group that literally lived a few feet in the thick woods behind a col-de-sac.

I think those are called hobos.

• Upvote 2

Yep. I'd like to hear more about your experience, if you'd like to share. I don't know if you've seen it, but there was a previous thread on this subject, this is the second one. There definitely seems to be a lot of interesting evidence regarding urban/suburban habitats.

I think those are called hobos.

Technically speaking hobos are migratory workers. Unless there is some hobo symbol near by indicating that a safe hobo camp exists behind the cul-de-sac it could mean revolving door of various groups of hobos.  I think what SomeCreepinaVan experienced are just bums assuming the habituation occurred for a lengthy period of time. 

Yep. I'd like to hear more about your experience, if you'd like to share. I don't know if you've seen it, but there was a previous thread on this subject, this is the second one. There definitely seems to be a lot of interesting evidence regarding urban/suburban habitats.

Welcome to the forum, SomeCreepinaVan! And me, too! I'd like to hear whatever you care to share, too. You are not alone here. Many of us (myself included) have had visits at our urban homes. Rock on.  

• Upvote 1

What I have discovered is that as long as there is ample cover, and by that I mean suitable undisturbed daytime cover, they have the ability to use areas you would not at all suspect. The key thing to look at is the travel corridors to even more vast areas of cover. By "cover" I mean several 100 acres of undisturbed forest,  or perhaps a river or stream drainage, large areas of marsh, they are adaptable.That is what I think they can get by on, not permanently mind you, but they travel between such areas foraging on whatever is abundant, and then moving on. Activity is in the darkest of night, and by all means these suburban/rural Sasquatch are few in numbers and very wary of humans. It was hard for me to believe until I had activity on my small semi-rural property. This fall that activity is gone, and I have been recording nightly each fall since 2013, which further confirms that the activity I had was no common situation I was mistaking. I have shared much of my recordings here, but what baffles me most is how they can avoid leaving prints in obvious areas. They seem to know how to avoid leaving prints in obvious view.

All this being said, I would have been the biggest doubter of this if it had not happened to me personally! The frequency of sightings and the locations pretty much fall directly in line with what I have said, infrequent sightings are all I would suspect with only a few individuals in a several 100 mile radius, I doubt very much more than a few could remain hidden in such situations.

In the long line of sightings here is another very close to the populous. Another legitimate witness just telling the truth!!!!

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jarrett Johnson:

The primary witness and I spoke at length via telephone about his sighting that occurred while traveling on I-79 in western Pennsylvania near the Grove City Outlet Mall. After the sighting, the man started to research any reported Bigfoot sighting activity in the area of the outlet malls due to the location and the fact that it occurred on a major highway with heavy vehicle traffic. The witness stated that he was certain that someone else must have also seen the creature and was looking for validation.

On Saturday, August 15, the witness and his family were traveling south on I-79 to return to their home north of Pittsburgh. He was operating the vehicle with three family members in the car when he saw a large dark bipedal creature walking along the edge of the woods on the eastern side of the interstate across the two north-bound lanes of traffic. The figure was 15 - 20 yards outside of the woodline walking parallel to the interstate when he saw it and thought "what is that?" He returned his vision to the road for a very brief moment and looked to again see the creature as it turned and was walking into the woods. Taking the initiative to look a second time gave the witness additional mental confirmation that he did indeed see a very large bipedal subject walking along a widely traveled major roadway. He asked his family if they saw the creature and they all replied that they had not and asked him to describe what he saw. The family decided to travel home. The sighting occurred at approximately 8:20 PM just before dusk. The man stated that there was plenty of visual light to observe the creature from an approximated distance of 75 yards. Although the sighting was visually brief, he was convinced that he had experienced a personal sighting of a Bigfoot or sasquatch.

We discussed the appearance of the creature and he described the following:

- An approximate height of 7' - 8'

- Dark in color with hair in a length that was visible from his vantage point

- The arms hung low with the hands being below the mid-thigh area

- It moved with grace and seemed to have very fluid movements which surprised him for its size

- He felt that a man could not move in the same way and it had great strides

-He did not get a good look at the face but reported that there appeared to be leathery skin free of hair around the facial area

- Did not notice anything peculiar in reference to the shape of the head or a prominent mandible or brow ridge

- Subject was not as bulky or as husky as the Patterson creature

- The animal had a build that was thin and lean but with noticeable musculature and strength

In the days following the event, he began to research the subject heavily focusing on activity in the state of Pennsylvania. The witness stated that we had wanted to return to look for physical evidence but thought that with the time and weather that had passed he would more than likely not find anything of interest. He has discussed the sighting with his family who believe him. When asked about his beliefs in the topic of Bigfoot prior and after the sighting, he stated that he was open-minded that they did exist but hadn't thought they were present in Pennsylvania.

This witness is a clergyman with 23 years in the ministry, adding increased honesty and integrity to the sighting. I found that the witness was genuine, forthright and genuinely interested in learning more about the Bigfoot phenomenon.

We spoke at length and I encouraged him to continue to research the subject. I also discussed that this sighting is within three miles of
in October of 2012 where a deer hunter had an interesting experience on PA State Game Lands # 284.

I continue to blog here as I feel somewhat responsible to represent the concepts set forth and argued for several years

in many ways and facets, none of which dissuades me in the least in my original post arguing for a small presence of these

creatures nearer to human populations than anticipated, now where vast areas of wilderness surround such populations, I deem

such a conclusion a no brainer, can we at least agree on that? Say on the outskirts of Seattle for instance?

• 2 weeks later...

I just had one of those weird moments that we tend to have in Sasquatchery, I was looking through the Illinois data base and discovered that Medinah Country Club has had two sightings reported to John Green, one from 1953 and one from the late 70s reported to Green apparently in 1985, If any of you remember I am actually a golf pro and in 2014 worked at Medinah Country Club. Back in those earlier days the course surroundings were heavily treed, and a creek flows through the property, eventually they dammed up the creek for control, this is also very close to where the Carol Stream sightings in the 70s were reported. A few of the old timers told me it was very thick trees and wildlife abounded in the area,

so much so that it created a bit of a problem. The property was pretty static from it's inception in the early 1900s so we are talking a long time.

If you know country club members, the last thing they want to do is be labeled crazy, I am surprised they even reported this, their names were even listed. I will need to attempt to contact them at some point to see if they would do a little interview with me, I hope they would. If they do I will include it here.  This event was noted on a similar thread back in 2012. Earlier in this thread I commented on the fact that Medinah would be a very remote possibility for a Sasquatch to visit, well apparently in those days it happened!!!!!

• 1 month later...

A recent sighting of a smaller sasquatch was reported in downtown Vicksburg Mississippi, this is reported to have happened in 2014 to my knowledge, corroborating this sighting was also a foot print find from a different individual who was working nearby on and air conditioning unit. The eye witness and the individual who found the print eventually touched base only to realize their incidences were a few 100 yards apart. This will probably be featured on the May 2016 Mississippi episode of Finding Bigfoot, what is particularly relative to this thread is the statement that was made concerning how this creature was living in that downtown area.

"Peyton Lassiter, who made a plaster cast of an unidentified footprint "The terrain is similar," Lassiter said of Vicksburg and Natchez. "If we follow this terrain, we're about three miles to the river. Something could cross almost the entire city of Vicksburg through these woods without even being seen." Whatever the animal is, Lassiter and Childers agree it must be intelligent to have avoided being seen, as well as to have figured out how to live in the deep, dark woods in the middle of town where hunting is not allowed, thus assuring safety."

• 4 weeks later...

Mo Mo, the Missouri Monster, legend from Louisiana Missouri. Just looking back at that case it was fairly interesting the creature was seen just outside of the town during the numerous sightings. It was almost as if it were pressing to get at the towns resources, spooking people off and getting what it could. I wonder if this was a younger male from the descriptions, perhaps it had been thrust out of it's clan and forced to find it's own territory, which is what I think what might be behind some the instances when it seems a single sasquatch is being seen numerous times. The Fouke monster being another example of that type of repeated behavior.

• masterbarber locked this topic