Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

So most of you might know that I am a golf pro, I worked at Medinah Country Club two seasons ago, little did I know that in John Greens data base two sighting actually occurred right on the property, well that is just to weird considering I said early in the year that I thought it doubtful one might come to the property, but in the distant part of my thoughts I said, or is it. Well now I am working in South Milwaukee, just north of Oak Creek, in fact Oak Creek flows right along side of my golf course where it dumps into Lake Michigan, which I have a lovely view of from my Clubhouse. Well upon interviewing for the job and driving through the area the urban bigfoot thought re-entered my mind, and with what I already mentioned above, well I had to see if any sightings were close by. The area has many supposed haunted sights, including the seven bridges trail in the park I work in and the clubhouse I work in which dates back to the 1870s, well those paranormal investigators are out in some of the same areas as the Sasquatch, or urban sasquatch as is the case here. The area just south of Oak Creek is ideal semi rural bigfoot habitat, with railroad and power-line easements as well as streams that feed into lake Michigan. Salmon run up these streams to the nearest blockage in the spring and fall. Fishermen are out in force during daylight attempting to catch the elusive rainbow and steelhead trout that are currently using the streams. Abundant and large deer herds roam the entire area, as well as raccoons, coyotes, skunk, possum, badger, and you name it. So one of these paranormal investigators was staking out a supposed haunted road just south of where I work and was approached by several sasquatch, whose eye shine was caught on camera, and apparently had killed a deer. The were in a soybean or pea field presumably pursuing deer. So I once again have renewed faith in my theory that these creatures indeed use areas very close to urban centers, just outside of them actually, where the last stretches of cover allow them too. Taking into account all the surrounding area and what it offers as well of course.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you are the guy from down the road with the two bigfoot silhouettes along your fence, then apparently you read the note I stuck in your mailbox. Please go back to page one to read the initial post I started the thread with in 2013, then things might make more sense to you....feel free to private message me, Lake County Bigfooot. And yes, Lake County Illinois has a very few of these creatures, particularly a Mother and Juvenile have been heard and possibly seen around the Chain.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

• 4 weeks later...

That's about 20 minutes from me, Lake county bigfoot.  I really haven't been getting out for a long time. We have been busy, going back and forth to Tennessee. We just brought property there. I would like to take a few days and check our forest's out before we leave.

I have come to the conclusion that those south forest preserves are the real deal, they travel along the Des Plaines, Fox, Illinois rivers as well as the canal that runs through the area, the DuPage river as well as other tributaries. I am waiting for a sighting much further north in the Des Plaines River watershed, it is vast and connected enough from the north to have them venture into it, parts of it have way too much human intervention though, so I think it will happen around Gurnee and a bit south someday soon. Also I am realizing how good parts of the Lake Michigan shoreline actually are, fenced off power plants and vast forested areas north of the border in Wisconsin. The Picture of these creatures movements is broadening each year in my mind, as well as the means of survival they employ, and avoiding detection. They are always on the move, very rarely staying in an area for more than a few days at a time, traveling in a wide arc or circle of sorts, others have observed this as well. It is certainly a fascinating idea that they get away with this right here in Chicagoland!!!

• Upvote 1

I have come to the conclusion that those south forest preserves are the real deal, they travel along the Des Plaines, Fox, Illinois rivers as well as the canal that runs through the area, the DuPage river as well as other tributaries. I am waiting for a sighting much further north in the Des Plaines River watershed, it is vast and connected enough from the north to have them venture into it, parts of it have way too much human intervention though, so I think it will happen around Gurnee and a bit south someday soon. Also I am realizing how good parts of the Lake Michigan shoreline actually are, fenced off power plants and vast forested areas north of the border in Wisconsin. The Picture of these creatures movements is broadening each year in my mind, as well as the means of survival they employ, and avoiding detection. They are always on the move, very rarely staying in an area for more than a few days at a time, traveling in a wide arc or circle of sorts, others have observed this as well. It is certainly a fascinating idea that they get away with this right here in Chicagoland!!!

See you have picked up on a travel route that you can come up with an idea where they might be. Problem is can you place them in a certain area at the right time so that you can be in that area, If you can then you have discovered some thing. That these creatures do have a travel route in certain areas and have tactics of evasion. But this also makes them vulunerable and benefits usin that we can perdict their movements if we follow a pattern, that they may be leaving and be knowing.

Putting people in areas in perdicted areas would confirm this theory, that they use travel routes. Are there dangers involve well who knows, but what can be collected is what is worth the challenge. A proper Photo of this movement can be taken or even video of this event in HD. We just need to stand our ground, which is key to observation. :)

SSR Team

Chicagoland is real tough for me to comprehend these things being in but yeah, it's possible for sure with those forest preserves and the waterways there.

Crazy but true.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I posted a link on here somewhere to a podcast on YouTube where an eyewitness describes Bigfoot up somewhere in Canada going onto a local town at night on multiple occasions, opening fence latches and letting himself into root cellars. The witness observed them doing this.

May have been Bigfoot Radio or some such about six months ago.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

It was tough for me too BobbyO, even after I saw one in a large forest preserve 10 minutes south of me in will county IL.

• 2 months later...

It has been 4 summers now that I have been researching to whatever degree the notion of the Urban Bigfoot, what I have discovered is wherever there is ample greenway and food sources with water, adjacent to larger tracks of open land, you will find an occasional sasquatch family using the area. The problem is how can you know exactly when these intrusions into the more populated areas occur? I will tell you that it happens after the point the foliage becomes full. It really depends also on the resources they might be capitalizing on. My backyard marsh becomes 7 foot cattails in later June, they seem to visit the area shortly after that, earlier in the month the cattails are about waist high. Is it simply a matter of cover, or is their a resource like the cattail tuber they might be eating? If I were to look at a map of any urban area I would first look for the streams and rivers, then larger greenways both connected to larger outer open tracks and small inner greenways. This would be my first thought, then I would visit the BFRO and John Greens Data base and see where sightings in an area have occurred, I can tell you with a fair degree of certainty the two will line up. Rivers, streams and sasquatch. Now examine the types of resources they might capitalize on, berries, apple orchards, marsh tubers, and of course the occasional deer or coyote and smaller protein sources like frogs and fish. I am certain that if an area has an abundance of a certain resource at a given time of year that is one narrowing down factor, now find several of those factors in proximity both in location and timing, your getting closer. The more of those you can put together the closer you are to saying they will be in a certain area at a certain time. Case in point, farm fields with available crops, river with fish and crayfish and shellfish, deer population, organic food sources like berries, tubers, et, find as many in close proximity and availability and begin your research.

I live adjacent to the Fox River, in this area we have a chain of lakes, I live in the center of all the lakes on an Island of sorts, although it is only so because of a narrow channel that is bridged in several places. On this river, only a couple of miles north of me is a state park with large open areas. There are vast open marsh areas and protected pockets of forest within those areas, current food sources in my area are plentiful including berries, marsh tubers, fish, deer, coyote, new crops like soybeans and corn just beginning to bear fruit, and plenty of local gardens about to do the same. Besides that you have local bird feeders of all shapes and sizes, large frog and reptile populations, smaller mammals in abundance, and fruit bearing trees nearly ready to bear ripe fruit. I would say that spells ample food sources and protection.

• Upvote 1

I continue to blog here as I feel somewhat responsible to represent the concepts set forth and argued for several years

in many ways and facets, none of which dissuades me in the least in my original post arguing for a small presence of these

creatures nearer to human populations than anticipated, now where vast areas of wilderness surround such populations, I deem

such a conclusion a no brainer, can we at least agree on that? Say on the outskirts of Seattle for instance?

Oh yeah, I think that is more accepted now that so many people are handling their own investigations...even some of the BFROers have discovered the evidence. Michigan, Ohio, Florida and more recent examples come to mind with that group. As you know, my thing is audio because it can tell one so much in a relatively short time period. In recent months I believe I've recorded subjects within greenbelts in two different urban areas in western WA. NOT Seattle, lol. One is residential and I may return. In the other, the sounds seemed to indicate juvenile activity. They're in our backyards. :)

Edited by JKH

JKH, I know you follow the sounds of the night thread, I will, given a little time, post some interesting 2016 clips. For about the last 10 days my wife and myself have been hearing woodknocks deep in the night. That prompted me to get back on the job recording, after two nights of battery problems, I replenished my rechargeable batteries and got a full nights recording, so far from last night I captured several things,

1. something large moves into my adjacent marsh area,

2. tree branch snaps and possibly something was tossed toward my recorder

3. Something seems to test some sticks for tree knocking capability

4. 8 solid tree knocks

5. 10-15 minutes after 8 tree knocks a definite deer in distress with no coyote activity.

Here are a couple of clips from earlier in the week, I described above a timeline of what I perceived in the recording, but I have included the two clear things that are blatant items to be investigated, first a series of 8 knocks, followed 18 minutes later a deer distress call, sounds more like the deer in eminent danger call.

8 tree knocks.mp3

deer in distress.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, jonSun said:

Nice recordings.  What time of night were those knocks?

I think these particular ones occurred around 2:20 am, I think I state the times exactly in the sounds of the night thread, suffice it to say I had recurring episodes of woodknocking from about 6/25-7/1. I generally get a stretch around this time of year when I think the parents leave a juvenile in my marsh to hone his own hunting skills. I have heard a conversation with whoops between them that was all primate. It baffles reason, but sure as heck there is one here during this time. Now several weeks after there is nothing. We hear the nocks while sleeping, they often wake myself and my wife up, I have run into the marsh upon waking hoping to startle and see the creature. A lot has occurred since 2013, but everything points to a lone juvenile sasquatch being left here and picked up some time in the early am. I have a large state park they can easily travel to for the seclusion they need during daylight. Activity occurs in 10 day stretches or shorter and maybe once every six weeks or so. It is a work in progress figuring out the timing, but it relates to the tallness of the Cattails pretty well, they are always mature when this begins, later in October they seem to be here for another more extended stretch, and then they are gone all winter and spring till late June early July

• masterbarber locked this topic