DWA

Well...hmmmm. What Have We Here.

DWA

Somebody ask him how Rugman's doing.  I bet he had this hoax nailed before he even *heard* of it.  :spiteful:

Squatchy McSquatch

Somebody ask him how Rugman's doing.  I bet he had this hoax nailed before he even *heard* of it.  :spiteful:

You were fooled by a guy in a suit.

This is the suit that you prematurely started this thread with...

post-18602-0-56483700-1428126080.jpg

I saw it on March 31st, same as you. Original article and original vid. Unlike OP I realized the date and had a chuckle.

I dismissed and Dwa chose to  start this thread. I'm responding to OP being deliciously wrong.

I'm doing fine thanks. I still have you on ignore but felt the need to point out how wrong your interpretations of this event are. Happy Easter.

Edited to add: plus a sound at the end that nothing else in NA makes  :gaming:  :rtfm:  :no: 

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

DWA

[M]y first thoughts are still that people are honest and know what they are doing and talking about, and wait untill I’m proven wrong, not the other way around. Believe me, it’s faster – foul things get obvious quickly, while the other way keeps you in the dark. History of science is full of examples of manipulation and stolen credits, so you might miss the right thing if your perception and thinking operate in a negative mode. Dealing with frequent disappointments is worth it. As Dr Ian Stevenson once said (not an exact quote): it’s much better to be 51% sure in something important, than 99% sure in something trivial. - Degnostik

People who focus overly much on jokes like this, one way or the other, will, count on it, miss it when the proof is finally in, just like right now they're missing that the proof is all but in.

It can't be overstated how ignant the public at large - including "scientists" like this - is on this topic.  The problem people have with it is that the people at the bleeding edge of this are overwhelmingly regular Joes, not scientists (although, yes, a few are, and those are among the few *true* scientists).  But fact is, that at the cutting edge of science it is always like this; the vast majority of scientists are simply uninformed, and make a joke so out of touch with *actual research going on* that they make it sound just like that research...and actually think it's a joke.

That's the funny part.  And bigfoot skeptics - the most consistently inexplicable demographic of which I am aware - are totally missing the true joke.

• Upvote 1

DWA

^^^And this is what is totally inexplicable about them:  they keep illustrating your points! and have no idea that is what they are doing.

All publicly available information, people, all accessible today at the click of a mouse.  No excuse not to be read up, and intellectually engage, if one is hanging out here, of all places.

AAAAAAAAahhhh, but one thing can't be accessed with a mouse:  the intellectual software.  Bigfoot skeptics need to come up with a way to download that.  So far...

DWA

Ignorance is bliss DWA, are you happy? 

And I need to ask:  in what other scientific field does intellectually vacant stuff like this get posted by people who have no argument for their thesis?

Or even worse ...say they don't have a thesis, and that that's OK, because they're allowed not to know what they're talking about?

Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Divergent1

I think our posting styles and content is self evident for that, I leave it up to others to make up their own minds about the content of the thesis. 

• Upvote 1

Rockape

<I think our posting styles and content is self evident for that, I leave it up to others to make up their own minds about the content of the thesis.>

From what I gather, if you don't agree with DWA that means you are ignorant, lazy and uneducated.

kitakaze

* Sweet * Fancy * Mother *

What did I just walk into?

I swear this is bar none the best thread of this year, if not one of the best BFF threads ever. Popcorn bursting, butter drizzling, take my Netflix, take my Hulu. You seriously can not write better entertainment than this. I didn't bother clicking the videos after the first few paragraphs as you could not have a 12 year old child write more contrite and obviously baited April Fool's Day fun. I waited until the end and saw the longer video first.

The thread is a prime example of how sorely lacking a sense of humour can be. If posting a vid on 3/31 has got you wringing your hands, step away from the Internet.

There has never been a more stunning demonstration of soaring credulity than in this thread. Can I nominate this? I'm spending my whole day's cache of plusses all on this thread, OP included.

Anyone who was fooled for even one moment by that should quit Bigfoot, you are too gullible.

lollipop.jpg

Best thread EVER.....

This is seriously the funniest thing to happen to Bigfootery in a long time.

Knee jerk reaction, foot in mouth, blame everyone except OP's gullibility...

No humility whatsoever.

I love it.

qKPQS7J.gif

Edited by kitakaze
  • Upvote 2

kitakaze

Nope, if you are - as we have said up there more than once - the people the public look to for information on stuff like this, and you use your professional affiliation as your screen...it doesn't even rise to the level of "decent joke."

And the truly stupid thing about it is that the evidence says it's not a joke.  There are 40 people in Canada; and they've never heard of John Green or John Bindernagel?

tumblr_llke6ut9nB1qga8g4o1_400.gif

OldMort

Nah, this isn't the "best thread ever,"  that dubious distinction surely belongs to the Dogman thread from a few months ago. For quote miners however, this is indeed the mother lode...

Edited by OldMort

Rockape
It can't be overstated how ignant the public at large - including "scientists" like this - is on this topic. 

If you are going to call someone else ignorant, you should at least learn to spell it correctly.

Nah, this isn't the "best thread ever,"  that dubious distinction surely belongs to the Dogman thread from a few months ago. For quote miners however, this is indeed the mother lode...

I just hate that Incorrigible and Dmaker are missing out on this.

Edited by Rockape

kitakaze

I'm just carrying on a conversation we were having in the NAWAC thread where DWA told me that his years of experience from reading reports had helped him develop critical thinking skills regarding bigfoot evidence.

check_please.jpg

OntarioSquatch

Never underestimate the amount of hoaxing in Bigfootery.