kitakaze

The Hoaxing Of Jerry Merritt

No, you're textbook quote-mining. You omitted the comments from Merle Warehime that he only ever attributes the PGF suit to Heironimus and when talking about anyone using it to prank and scare people, you very specifically cut out him suggesting many people and never specifically Heironimus. 

Are you for real? Seriously? The conversation was about Heironimus in particular. It doesn't matter a **** if there were allegedly a number of people involved too. One of them was Heironimus according to Warehime. Sheesh! Talk about banging one's head against a brick wall. I can't believe what I am reading!!

kitakaze

One question re Jerry Merritt. Did Roger not invite Jerry on his Oct 20th quest to participate in his bigfoot documentary?

If he did, then why did he? If this was a hoax, then he was inviting Jerry to be in on it, correct? Jerry would have watched Roger and Bob create the trackway and set the scene for the hoax. Why would Jerry be along for that? That would make no sense. So Kit, is that the impression you get from all this, else why not?

This should be good. :popcorn:

Tracking dogs. IOW, just typical Patterson melodrama.

He know's Merritt will not and can not come, but he needs to indenture Merritt's support and keep him devoted to his cause. He wants Merritt to feel a personal stake in the quest and he's manipulating him. Merritt was already put through the ringer and the doghouse with the Hollywood gong show where Merritt half starved being sucked into Patterson's BLAARGing Woods & Wildmen games.

Showing up at 4:00 am with two saddle horses, one packhorse, stuffed into Gimlin's truck and the three of them are going to pack in the cab and do that all the way to NorCal for what? And that's with choked Florence right there in front of Patterson doing his Woods & Wildmen dance for Merritt.

Merritt was already up to his eyeballs with Dry Gulch and his recording studio, not to mention his wife had had it with the Bigfoot flailing. Patterson's 4am hustle was just that, a hustle, and as much a part of his effort to manipulate Merritt and his western town and film aspirations as having Bigfoot make house calls.

Edited by kitakaze

kitakaze

Are you for real? Seriously? The conversation was about Heironimus in particular. It doesn't matter a **** if there were allegedly a number of people involved too. One of them was Heironimus according to Warehime. Sheesh! Talk about banging one's head against a brick wall. I can't believe what I am reading!!

Then read it more slowly and/or carefully until you come to the place where the only incident he can attribute any manner of knowledge about is the Idle Hour showing of the suit in Opal's Buick trunk.

The question from Long to Wareheim about Heironimus wearing a suit for Patterson at any other time than the PGF is one which is purely speculative and long is simply asking him if he thinks it was possible. Wareheim's answer is in return completely speculative.

The details he shares about the suit being shown in the back of the vehicle right before going jeeping match to Les Johnson's own account of Wareheim's Ridge Runner's jeep club being present when the suit was being shown in the back of the Buick.

So has anybody concluded who was in a bigfoot suit?

Nothing substantial? No proof? Another thread of hearsay and speculation?

It's an Internet forum on the subject of Bigfoot where proof of anything is an extravagance. Had we proof of who was hoaxing Merritt, that would be great, but we have to settle for now with the knowledge that he was indeed being hoaxed and discuss the alternate possibilities. You know, like an Internet forum.

If it's frustrating you can by all means vent in the Bigfoot Beheads People? thread...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/49173-bigfoot-beheads-people/

Well at least the music video was entertaining.

That alone can justify a thread on Merritt...

Tracking dogs. IOW, just typical Patterson melodrama.

He know's Merritt will not and can not come, but he needs to indenture Merritt's support and keep him devoted to his cause. He wants Merritt to feel a personal stake in the quest and he's manipulating him. Merritt was already put through the ringer and the doghouse with the Hollywood gong show where Merritt half starved being sucked into Patterson's BLAARGing Woods & Wildmen games.

Showing up at 4:00 am with two saddle horses, one packhorse, stuffed into Gimlin's truck and the three of them are going to pack in the cab and do that all the way to NorCal for what? And that's with choked Florence right there in front of Patterson doing his Woods & Wildmen dance for Merritt.

Merritt was already up to his eyeballs with Dry Gulch and his recording studio, not to mention his wife had had it with the Bigfoot flailing. Patterson's 4am hustle was just that, a hustle, and as much a part of his effort to manipulate Merritt and his western town and film aspirations as having Bigfoot make house calls.

So Roger invited Jerry to go with him to Bluff Creek because he assumed he wouldn't go? Do you know how lame that sounds? :D

Old Dog

He's Baaaack.  Well here's another thread I can ignore.

• Upvote 2

roguefooter

It's an Internet forum on the subject of Bigfoot where proof of anything is an extravagance. Had we proof of who was hoaxing Merritt, that would be great, but we have to settle for now with the knowledge that he was indeed being hoaxed and discuss the alternate possibilities. You know, like an Internet forum.

If it's frustrating you can by all means vent in the Bigfoot Beheads People? thread...

This is coming from the guy who claimed he had proof of the hoax..

How many more speculative "internet forum" threads are you going to throw out there before you actually present said proof? Or is that a hoax in itself?

How about another Jerry Merritt song??

This one co-written by Prentiss Beck. Backing bass vocals by John Ballard..

Edited by roguefooter

OntarioSquatch

Attempting to discredit Patterson is what Kit is resorting to when his real objective is discrediting the PGF.

Here is an actual way to convince people that the PGF was hoaxed: re-create it. If someone can do a good re-creation of the PGF using technology that was available in the 1960's, I think that would convince a lot of people that it was faked.

Jerry TheHoaxee Merritt isn't going to convince anyone.

PBeaton

I suspect kitakaze is simply speculatin' on his speculations regardin' the speculative nature of what he speculated earlier...about comin' to a place where he can speculate.

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

Kitakaze reminds me so much of Greg Long...

Rockape

Most importantly his being hoaxed is a historical fact and the people or persons doing it were wildly brazen in how they did it.

Whoa there big fella. I don't know how we can say it is fact that this was a hoax. More than likely it is, if for no other reason that it is likley BF does not exist to begin with, but that 10% of me that thinks there is somthing to this BF thing can't buy this was in fact a hoax. That is sort of the same as true believers insisting it was in fact a BF.

Kitakaze reminds me so much of Greg Long...

But you can't deny his knowledge of all things PGF, whether you agree with him or not. I appreciate this thread if for no other reason that while I have heard the name Jerry Merrit in conection to the PGF, I did not know this particular story. So, there is value in all things, for me anyway.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

kitakaze

Rockape, here is why I give zero possibility Bigfoot was making house calls on Jerry Merritt and his family, and it has nothing to do with what percentage I would give to Bigfoot being real, which ranges at the highest for me as 1 percent.

The reddish-brown long-haired and red-eyed Bigfoot with the grin that was reaching out to Florence from outside her basement door window, though there is more physical characteristics in the description, the Bigfoot that shows up in the middle of the night and gets Merritt's dog on its junk displays more very obviously hoax behaviour.

Forget that it doesn't tear Tip in half. Forget whatever way it screams with a Scottish shepherd clamped on its crotch. Merritt calls off Tip and then the "Bigfoot" proceeds to run down the driveway and then down the road leaving Merritt and family in a state of bewilderment. This is one of three times Bigfoot shows up to be seen at the Merritt's home. These are the people running the Dry Gulch western town that Patterson wants to turn into Bigfoot central. There is absolutely no way that if Bigfoot were to even show up at Merritt's house three times, that the Boss of the Woods is going to be handed its purse by by a medium size dog. I mean no disrespect to Scottish shepherds, but if this is how Bigfoot reacts, we can stick a fork in it.

Plussed for acknowledging there is at the very least worth in knowing who Merritt was, what his connection to Patterson was and what he experienced.

Merritt in Patterson's South Fork film...

20e03e4783b232d359b4b23ddcae2a7a5g.jpg?s

Left to right: Roger Patterson, John Ballard, Jerry Merritt, Howard Heironimus, Bob Gimlin, Bob Heironimus...

Lund-Horsemen+in+Yakima.JPG

roguefooter

Red eyes and grinning? How did Patterson achieve that?

Sounds more like a drunk from the local bar (aka Hieronimus)..

Edited by roguefooter

PBeaton

It's funny, kitakaze offers us this, yet ignores it an goes straight to it bein' all a hoax.

I started, "If Patterson could have faked - "

"There ain't nobody that could have faked that," Merritt interrupted. "The way the dog was screamin' and bitin', and when that thing raised up, there was hair hangin' off it. And them big feet goin' down the pavement, I'll never forget that sound on a clear summer night. The dust was just foggin' everywhere. I mean, it couldn't have been faked. It could have been shot. I had a .44 Magnum, I'd shoot at anything that moved back then. No," he insisted.

He provides absolutely no evidence to suggest Roger had anythin' ta do with any of the sightin's, let alone the sightin's were hoaxed in the first place.

There have been reports of dogs attacking sasquatch, I'm sure kitakaze is familiar with them.

Pat...

PBeaton

Then read it more slowly and/or carefully until you come to the place where the only incident he can attribute any manner of knowledge about is the Idle Hour showing of the suit in Opal's Buick trunk.

The question from Long to Wareheim about Heironimus wearing a suit for Patterson at any other time than the PGF is one which is purely speculative and long is simply asking him if he thinks it was possible. Wareheim's answer is in return completely speculative.

The details he shares about the suit being shown in the back of the vehicle right before going jeeping match to Les Johnson's own account of Wareheim's Ridge Runner's jeep club being present when the suit was being shown in the back of the Buick.

kitakaze,

MW: "Well, I don't want to comment on that. I heard some guys had it there one night. I understand when I was gone for a couple of days, on a weekend, they had it there. But I don't know. I wasn't there. It was like having someone leaving there coat there. Who cares?"

GL: "So you never saw the suit yourself."

MW: "In the back of the car, yeah."

GL: "Oh, you did see it?"

MW: "It seems to me that we were out - I don't even - God, it's been a long time ago. I believe we were out in the Ahtanum by that old church. We was sittin' there. We were about to go jeepin', and somebody had the thing. It was in a box there, you know. It was just in kind of a box in the back. I didn't pay much attention to it."

He said he wasn't at the Idle Hour when Hieronimus was said to be showin' off his costume in the back of the Buick. He believes he seen Heironimus' costume by a old church.

The details don't match kitakaze, "..Les Johnson made no actual statements of the suit being in the Idle Hour Tavern, which was not Warehime's, but rather shown in the back of the Buick Bob had in the parking lot,.."

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton
  • Upvote 1

So is this the long awaited bombshell? How do you even show your face around here kit? Man, id be embarrassed after all those 'DUDS' .