kitakaze

The Hoaxing Of Jerry Merritt

OldMort

Pat, I wasn't aware of the 13 foot stride until I found a later link.The original article estimated the tracks as being 4 to 6 feet apart and continuing for half a mile.  

http://www.yakimaherald.com/free_article/are-these-the-footprints-of-a-sasquatch/article_df5e359c-f558-11e6-b663-1fd19dbda473.html

How would you explain the huge differences in stride length and what would be your height estimate of a creature that can on occasion produce a 13 foot stride? 

OkieFoot

As far as hoaxing tracks; when a human has to leap to achieve a longer than normal stride length, I would bet a dollar they couldn't keep it up for very long before getting exhausted, and especially in snow. Imagine how hard it would be on the legs to leap every step, especially for the average person that isn't in peak physical condition. And there have been some trackways that went on for long distances, such as the N. Dakota trackway posted on here recently that went for miles.

PBeaton

OldMort,

I posted this link also on pg.70 where it is discussed.  http://www.sasquatchcanada.com/uploads/9/4/5/1/945132/graves_paper_for_web.pdf

If I recall, it was thought or suggested the security motion sensin' light was around where the 10 foot step was, could the light comin' on spook it ? I can't say for certain what would cause the differences, there could be a number of reasons, spooked, pickin' up speed etc.

I don't have a height estimate OldMort.

Pat...

kitakaze
7 hours ago, OldMort said:

Pat, I wasn't aware of the 13 foot stride until I found a later link.The original article estimated the tracks as being 4 to 6 feet apart and continuing for half a mile.  

http://www.yakimaherald.com/free_article/are-these-the-footprints-of-a-sasquatch/article_df5e359c-f558-11e6-b663-1fd19dbda473.html

How would you explain the huge differences in stride length and what would be your height estimate of a creature that can on occasion produce a 13 foot stride? 

Perhaps most bewildering for the group was a segment of tracks in an orchard that maintained four-foot dispersion as they passed directly below waist-high branches. No hairs or broken tree limbs were found.

“How are you that consistent under (branches) this low?” wondered Derek Bianchi, Roy’s son. Adding, “Like, how do you duck under that and not rub your back?”

PBeaton

When the tracks led up to trees with low branches, the step length shortened considerably, and when clear, longer step lengths again. The tracks went through a second orchard, then crossed a road going north.  Continuing on, the trackway then passed between two farm houses, and crossed a large irrigation canal. Afterwards, they went directly into an evergreen tree line for another 1/8 mile to where they were lost momentarily. We then noticed snow missing from the trees at this point—leading us to wonder if the track-maker had passed intentionally close to the tree trunks to drop snow over its own tracks."

kitakaze

...tracks in an orchard that maintained four-foot dispersion as they passed directly below waist-high branches. No hairs or broken tree limbs were found.

salubrious
9 hours ago, kitakaze said:

...tracks in an orchard that maintained four-foot dispersion as they passed directly below waist-high branches. No hairs or broken tree limbs were found.

Just a FWIW: If a person is trying to be stealthy and has been trained in proper stealth, they would be passing beneath waist high branches no problem. You certainly would not be breaking branches! That would be giving away your position and if there were no snow, would be a clue that you had passed that way. For a person (or creature) that grew up being stealthy as a matter of survival, it would be second nature to do these things and a whole lot more. You must be silent and cross the landscape without a rustle regardless of what's beneath your feet. If you can't do these things you can't go unnoticed!

Squatchy McSquatch

Bigfoot is sooooo stealthy when you want him to be... meanwhile, in Jerry Merritt's driveway, bigfoot allegedly got taken out by a bite to the jewels courtesy of the family dog. Very unstealthy...

You cannot reconcile Merritt's alleged sightings -- from the 1960's -- with a tenuous trackway from 2017. But it sure is fun watching some of you try.

• Upvote 1

MIB

^^^^ Of course I can.  

Suggestion: if you'd stop scoffing first and rationalizing later, without ever thinking at all, you might be able to, too.   Y' know, actually use a logically and scientifically valid process rather than one rooted in dogma more appropriate to religion?  's up to you, though.  

The bottom line is that bigfoot, like people, dogs, horses, bears, or anything else flesh and blood, exhibits a range of behaviors.    No REAL thing ever exhibits precisely predictable, deterministic behavior.   Ever.   Expecting to understand why a thing happened, even afterwards when it has become recorded historical fact, is fraught with error.   Predicting ahead of time ... guesswork at best.

A thing from my days in school seems relevant.   I was taking some mid 400-level numerical methods classes.   We were modeling situations where you couldn't ever know the answer, the best you could do was figure out how many times you had to refine a process to enclose the error within specific, non-zero, limits.   I learned a lot about "good enough" answers ... not "good enough" as an excuse, but "good enough" as "within necessary accuracy."    This concept has served me well dealing with people, dogs, horses, bears, fish ... etc, and it works for bigfoot as well.

MIB

Edited by MIB
i kant s pell ore tipe
  • Upvote 2

PBeaton

Squatchy McSquatch,

Switch sasquatch for grizzly bears for a second. If the Merritt's claimed to have had 3 visits by grizzlies when there were not supposed to be grizzly bear in Yakima, would you believe the Merritt's knowin' there were also other witnesses who also claimed to have seen grizzlies in the area.

I posted not long ago here a couple news stories of collies like Tip attackin' an scarin' off bears that were attackin' there owners. We know bears can an do kill dogs as well...yet there you go.

Pat...

norseman

Well we can beat each other over the head until the cows come home. But the reality is something made those tracks, and if it's Bigfoot? It was hoofing it in an orchard on the valley floor and not some alpine meadow.

And I have provided other examples of Bigfoot supposedly down low in elevation.

Which I think negates Kit's premise that Merritt was obviously hoaxed simply because he resides in the Yakima valley.

salubrious
18 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Bigfoot is sooooo stealthy when you want him to be... meanwhile, in Jerry Merritt's driveway, bigfoot allegedly got taken out by a bite to the jewels courtesy of the family dog. Very unstealthy...

You cannot reconcile Merritt's alleged sightings -- from the 1960's -- with a tenuous trackway from 2017. But it sure is fun watching some of you try.

Yes, very stealthy.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Jerry's driveway or any reconciliation. That's what the 'FWIW' part was all about.

PBeaton
8 hours ago, norseman said:

Which I think negates Kit's premise that Merritt was obviously hoaxed simply because he resides in the Yakima valley.

His premise/pipedream went out the window when he youthfully an blatantly dismissed all reports from Yakima because he had to... It requires disregarding what does not fit with what you want to be true.."  -kitakaze