Terry

Was It A Suit?

Terry

There is a very interesting comment from this cutting edge costume designer in the comment section below the video.  He is asked if the Patterson film could have been a suit.  I find it compelling and probably accurate despite what the believers tell us.  Don't forget, he is completely immersed in the industry.

https://youtu.be/UhqeG8qrSXI

t.

OntarioSquatch

All he did was speak of a rumor that was going around in the industry

R1mNjJG.png

JustCurious

Exactly what I was thinking.  He doesn't answer the question really.  But then again, he also probably hasn't studied it so his response one way or the other doesn't hold much weight.

OntarioSquatch

Interesting how they need to use a rumor to explain what they see in the film. They aren't able to explain it using their own knowledge.

Backdoc

the 1970's is a whole decade that can mean 1970, 1977 (the year star wars came out) and so on.  Oh and did I mention the PGF filming event was 1967, 2 years before we landed on the moon and also by no means the 1970s.

This quote means nothing.

Backdoc

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

As opposed to Bill Munns, who is 30 years removed from the industry.

roguefooter

^Yeah, because rumors are always better than first hand experience of the times.

OntarioSquatch

The film itself is from 1967. Nat Geo had a modern day costume maker look at the film and he too wasn't able to explain the footage and only gave rumors. One thing no one can explain is how the skin stretches because the 4-way stretch fabric that was required to make something like Patty wasn't available until many years after the film came out.

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

Much of what OS just said is not accurate.

Seriously, OS, if you're studying architecture and arguing for the PGF I suggest you stick to bungalows.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

roguefooter

Yeah, rumours

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0612989/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

2015 - 1985 = 30 years 

No. The topic of the thread is about a rumor. It doesn't matter if Munns has been out of the business for 30 years, he has first hand experience of the industry at the time of the PGF.

Is this piece of nonsense really worth thread? 

What relevance does somebody working in Hollywood today have to suits and suit materials available in 1967?

Backdoc

You do realize the industry in 1967 or before would be needed to create the Patty suit?    It won't matter what they can do 100 years from now, only what was possible in 1967.  Then taking what is possible and seeing if it could be applied in a same or similar way to what we see on the PGF.

Why do you have a hard time understanding that?

I asked a WW2 guy the other day what the food was like and tasted like in the rations back in WW2.  Asking a gulf war vet would not answer this Q.  Can you understand why?

Backdoc 

Sunflower

Ok, this was a waste of time.......

• Upvote 2