Terry

Was It A Suit?

Bigfoothunter
18 hours ago, Martin said:

I asked you if there was any film or photos showing the overall condition of the sandbar in this very thread and you went 5 or 6 pages without giving a straight answer.  IMHO you refused to say because you think this may weaken your claims. Is that is confirmation bias? Manipulative for sure. Withholding information, even seemingly benign information, is a problem for you.

Your question was answered and you ignored it. I also have personally spoken to three witnesses who were on the sandbar and saw the tracks. They independently said the same thing about it.

When the most important info pertaining to the condition was addressed and documenting in film and photos where the tracks were - all of a sudden your eye sight became cloudy and the images were not good enough.

In the BCM thread you posted 100's of times about the hard packed substrate then post pictures of the trackway walking through the soft grader taiilings on the edge of the road. I ask about the tailings and you don't even respond. Why is that? Don't want to weaken your narrative again? Confirmation Bias? Manipulative? 

What you call soft grader dirt is not what the witnesses described, nor what the images demonstrated. By the way - what is your source for the grader pile being soft?

Green had told me that dirt had accumulated over time from the scraping of the road. (Makes sense)  He went on to say that the rains over time had settled that piled dirt to the point that they could walk atop of it as the tracks were pressed deep into the soil. there were no soil condition changes from the time the tracks were made to the moment of Green's Party's arrival on the scene.

Firsthand knowledge of BCM?

The film Dahinden shot - the photos that Dahinden took - the photos that Green took - the photos that Abbott took - John Green, Don Abbott, Rene Dahinden, Keith Chazarri are all first hand sources to the condition of the soil on BCM.

Which of those witnesses have you spoken to?

4 hours ago, Martin said:

^ Once agan....

That's is an incredibly limited example. The angles are bad and the is no real point of reference for depth.

The sample here is too small and the test to vague to be useful.

The mens boot marks could not be any closer to the track without stepping on it. Are you going to go on record as saying that you cannot tell which of the three impressions is by far the deepest?

13 inch track depth compared to shoe prints 2b.jpg

2 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Oh an anthropologist. I see.

You should be aware that ANYONE with a 3 year General (the bare minimum) Bachelor of Arts (Humanities -- not Science) Degree can call himself an Anthropologist.

I'm not moved by your appeal to authority.

And what is your background in Anthropology?

Martin

Reply to Pat:

First of all its not substrate. The picture shows grader scrapings.

Secondly it looks like the knee I see is down on the graded road. The ridge of dirt where I see the tracks is exactly where I would lay a trackway. Its near the road and in soft tailings. The shoe print is on the down hill side of the grader tailings where they are thinner . The Wallace stomper print is in the top pinacle of soft dirt. Most of the recorded trackway appears to in the crest of the tailings. I grew up on a series of dirt roads. My parents still live there and I have experienced these exact conditions most of my life. You would never walk in the top of the tailings ridge because it is much, much easier to walk on either side. The only reason to walk there would to be leave good deep tracks. 

Edited by Martin
  • Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter
20 minutes ago, Martin said:

^ First of all its not substrate. The picture shows grader scrapings

THE GROUND WHICH THE MAN WALKED ON IS THE SUBSTRATE.

Secondly it looks like the knee I see is down on the graded road. The ridge of dirt where I see the tracks is exactly where I would lay a trackway. Its near the road and in soft tailings. The shoe print is on the down hill side of the grader tailings where they are thinner . The Wallace stomper print is in the top pinacle of soft dirt. Most of the recorded trackway appears to in the crest of the tailings. I grew up on a series of dirt roads. My parents still live there and I have experienced these exact conditions most of my life. You would never walk in the top of the tailings ridge because it is much, much easier to walk on either side. The only reason to walk there would to be leave good deep tracks.

Downhill side?  (LOL!)  Martin - the tracks went off the road for a couple of hundred yards. That dirt along the road has built up over time. It's seen full of stones of various sizes and with each rain it settles. And settles to the point a man can walk atop of it.

Again - who have you spoke with who told you the dirt was soft?  How far from the 13" is the man's shoe print?

18_15''_BCM_track_.jpg

34_BCM_Green__Moffitt_tracking_dog_.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Martin
2 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

THE GROUND WHICH THE MAN WALKED ON IS THE SUBSTRATE.

Exactly, The ground the track is in is the grader tailings.

Downhill side?  (LOL!)  Martin - the tracks went off the road for a couple of hundred yards. That dirt along the road has built up over time. It's seen full of stones of various sizes and with each rain it settles. And settles to the point a man can walk atop of it.

Unfortunately the pictures you posted of wide frame visible tracks are in the grader tailings or have no useful reference points to compare against. Grader tailings throw chunks of dirt that can easily be confused with rocks. Show me clear examples please.

Again - who have you spoke with who told you the dirt was soft?  How far from the 13" is the man's shoe print?

I know that the grader tailings are soft. You can argue this point but claiming otherwise is folly. I don't know how far it is from the 13" shoe print because the bigfooter didn't bother to measure the distance or do any test other than stepping in the general vicinity of a random track. The tracks beside the road are not in substrate. This seems to be the only trackway photos you have posted. Show me a trackway in the hard packed substrate and lets discuss them.  

18_15''_BCM_track_.jpg

There is no point of reference for this picture. 

34_BCM_Green__Moffitt_tracking_dog_.jpg

What is your point posting this picture?

Bigfoothunter
2 hours ago, Martin said:

Exactly, The ground the track is in is the grader tailings.

The 13" track is less than 7 - 8" away in the same dirt. That was the point of them walking up to the tracks.

You keep calling that dirt soft, but the point is that it held a man's weight while the large foot sand deep into the ground. A stomper would prevent the man from making a deeper track than what he made in shoes;

The reference point in the photo below in the ground. Again the boot prints remained atop of the ground while Bigfoot tracks went deep in the ground.

18_15''_BCM_track_.jpg

Edited by Bigfoothunter
  • Upvote 1

OldMort
16 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

What you call soft grader dirt is not what the witnesses described, nor what the images demonstrated. By the way - what is your source for the grader pile being soft?

Green had told me that dirt had accumulated over time from the scraping of the road. (Makes sense)  He went on to say that the rains over time had settled that piled dirt to the point that they could walk atop of it as the tracks were pressed deep into the soil. there were no soil condition changes from the time the tracks were made to the moment of Green's Party's arrival on the scene.

Green referred to the soil conditions where the tracks were found as being "deep dust."

He also mentions that the tracks were made after a brief downfall of rain, so the soil conditions were different when the prints were made: wet (or damp) vs dry. 

"The prints had been made while a thin layer on top of the dust was damp from a brief rain, and this had dried so the impression did not crumble."

bcm1.jpg

bcm2.jpg

No mention of tracks going off the road into the surrounding woods etc.

Only that: "They were on the road in two sections totaling about 600 yards, and with a gap of several hundred yards between."

bcm.jpg 

It is obvious that the tracks appear only in the soft and "deep dust" of the "grader tailings"

The delineation line between the two types of surfaces couldn't be more clear.

Any comparisons of depth with human prints on the packed surface of the actual road are meaningless...

Green, states, "We were back with the dog at daybreak, taking up the track where the 15 inch foot left the new road and turned down an old jeep road, baked too hard to show a track."

• Upvote 3

Squatchy McSquatch

Good work, Old Mort!!!

Another one bites the dust...

Squatchy McSquatch

bcmheelsplit1.JPG

bcmheelcrack2.JPG

• Upvote 1

ohiobill

Why is this so hard for bfh to understand? If you plow a field or grade a road you leave soft, non-compacted dirt to the side of the plow or blade. The trailing tires, tracks, planter/packer wheels, etc contact the soil behind the equipment and compact it. Anyone who's actually done an honest day's work outside or even walked a sandy beach understands the concept. Soft loose dirt or sand makes for tough slogging and is avoided if possible. Tracks left in such areas (whether they are described as soft, loose, deep dust, tailings, scrapings or non-compacted) are obviously going to be deeper than those left in compacted ground. 

When he's running a group of tourists around in his utility vehicle to look for squatch (notice I didn't say find or photograph) are we to believe he stays in the soft, wet ditch running beside the road and gets stuck constantly or does he maybe drive on the prepared, compacted surface as designed? 

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch

Ohiobill:

I agree it's a pretty simple concept to understand. Of course, understanding and accepting are two different things.

Thanks to Martin for bumping this derail to the BCM thread. I'll continue the party over there and let the suit talk resume

masterbarber

Please continue this discussion here: